• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Witch Hunts | Bayonetta Mafia | Umbra Witches Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help feeling like there are ulterior motives with Uttu's vote on me, as he has changed his reason for voting me once(I guess it could be a stretch to call it a change, but I consider it as such)

I made that statement of being panicked not as a way of changing my reason for voting on you, but to clarify why I did so. I saw the "vote or die" on the voting/lynching thread, I panicked, and I chose to vote on you.

I made that statement of being panicked not as a way of changing my reason for voting on you, but to clarify why I did so. I saw the "vote or die" on the voting/lynching thread, I panicked, and I chose to vote on you.

Eh, well ok. Just seems like heck of a coincidence

I hope TBT introduces a queue feature at some point, if only for use in Cellar threads. Would help a lot in these circumstances.

Espurr-Null
Ness-Slight town lean
Nightmares-Null
Amanda-Null
Primarina-Slight Townlean
Uttumori-Slight Scum Lean
xCleb-Slight Scum Lean

At the end of the day, really we don't have anything good. With the exception of Uttu's "panic vote", I don't really have a frame of comparison between players. If I had to say, the scum team is probably one of my scum leans with one of the nulls

As I stated earlier, I'm disinclined to vote based upon ideology. Considering Uttumori above Cleb for my vote right now

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok strategically, I'm not voting for my nulls, and thinking it over, a Uttu vote would go farther to proving the others alignment than a Cleb vote would (if we're going off my tinfoil hat theory that Uttu's vote was a reaction to my stated sus on xCleb)

@everyone, who are you most sus of and why?

I'm more or less null on everyone right now except Cleb, who I would classify as "slight scum lean" using your naming scheme, because I think he's acted the most blatantly suspicious. While I can understand why you're a bit suspicious of Uttu, he strikes me as being more of a bumbling novice than a scheming Sage, but then again I'm a self-admitted novice myself, so what do I know? Regardless, I don't have enough information yet to make a strongly-informed vote, but I'm leaning toward Cleb due to what amounts to admittedly little more than intuition.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll have to vote for someone soon, though, because the deadline is 7 am my time, and I'm not staying up all night, as interesting as this all is.

Throwing down my vote on Uttu, he lost the mental coin flip. This is my last post for the night

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, I'm going to leave this open for somebody to convince me in the next 10 minutes

I'm off to sleep. Simply can't stay up any longer!

Any actions past the countdown will not be taken into consideration. Again, you can't edit any of your votes once you have made them, and if you haven't voted by the time the countdown has ended, you will be killed. I will post the night post as soon as I am online again.

In the meantime, feel free to continue discussing the game here.

Last edited:
Hmm. With that spread of votes, each remaining one entered could cinch a lynch. I'll be around from now until EoD (9pm my time), so I'll try and hold off submitting my vote for as long as possible.

@everyone, who are you most sus of and why?

Espurr - mafia lean - very new to mafia, and of the 5 posts they've made here so far, 2 of which were pre-game, only the last offers any particular information about them. And nothing about the game, their thoughts, or any questions about what is happening. I'm FAR from convinced they're mafia, but at this stage they are the one I'm most suspicious of.

N e s s - null - not enough for me to go on yet.

Nightmares - null - hope to see more from her soon.

amanda1983 - I meant to have posted this before EoD, but my browser crashed at the worst time. Hopefully my vote counts.

Primarina - null/town lean - nothing suspicious so far, and he is contributing.

Uttumori - null/mafia lean - that vote on Dolby is the main thing thaat caused me concern. If the votes had been different I'd have voted for Espurr, but I agree with the reasoning that a lynch, even a mislynch, gives us a lot more info to work on at this stage.

Dolby - null - I have no reason to think he's mafia, but I don't think he'd be making it obvious either.

xCleb - null - I need to see more from him before I can decide if the "no lynch" thing is relevant or not.

9l0xNQ3.png

The first Trial had began, and the Witches all flocked together, some with tears in their eyes following the news of the royal Elder's demise. The group were scared of what was going to happen to them, with only mere trainees to make a move. They turned to Uttumori, suspicious of their intentions.

"You are sabotaging the Umbran name!" Dolby called, pointing a stern finger at them. "While there are no other suspects besides yourself, we have little choice," Amanda followed, shaking their head in sorrow.

Uttumori pleaded for the group to listen, but it was no use. Betrayal of the Umbran sisterhood is the worst possible crime you can commit as a Witch, and imprisonment was the last thing on any of these desperate Witches' minds.

Amanda snapped their fingers, and a portal to Inferno was immediately cast underneath Uttumori. Long, thin, demon-esque hands quickly rose up and grasped onto Uttumori's arms and legs, trying to drag them down.

Uttumori fought as much as they could, kicking and screaming, but it was no use, and with a final grab of their head, they were pushed down, and the portal closed above them.

There was silence for a while, until Dolby muttered "What now?", and the Witches could only look at each other, unsure of whether they had made the right decision or not.

"There's only one thing for it," Amanda muttered. "You can't be thinking about?" "Unless you have any other bright ideas, we're going to have to do it."

Dolby froze, then sighed, then nodded, and then they both left the Trial, leaving the other Witches to quietly sob as the pair slipped away down a dark corridor. "I hope we won't regret this," Dolby whispered.

"The Umbra will never fall to your kind."

Earlier in the day, four Umbra Witches got scared and sneaked away from the Trials, attempting to flee the Crescent Valley, but they didn't make it very far. They were xCleb, Ness, Nightmares, and Espurr. Dragged to inner Vigrid, they were placed on the same guillotine of the Umbran Elder, which still had bloody marks on it from her own demise. Once positioned, a small basket could be visible to their right, with the decaying head of their precious queen looking right at them with dead eyes, reflecting only hopelessness and disappointment.

Slice.

Slice.

Slice.

Slice.

Well, it was fun playing! Unfortunately, due to the amount of Witches who couldn't make it to the vote, the Witches managed to equal the amount of Sages, and Vigrid was overthrown overnight.

Uttumori, Espurr, and Primarina were Sages.

VhRHUHEh.jpg

Congratulations to Umbra Witches Dolby and Amanda!

8O0KcJh.png

The 500 TBT Bells will be split between you both shortly.

Thanks again! I had a lot of fun myself.​

Last edited:
note to self: sleep is death equivalent

Wow, good job Prim. I was getting more cautious towards you due to your pressuring for a Cleb lynch, but you managed to make yourself look like new town pretty early. So it would have been us 3 if the game continued

So wait...the Sages equal the number of Witches, but the Witches win? I'm kind of confused.

Also, curse sleep for getting me killed. :v

I was half asleep when I posted this, but basically, the Witches won because they killed off Uttumori, and because all the other Sages had died in the Trials, there was only one Sage left and two Witches left.

I should've really kept this open longer to see what would have happened, because obviously there was no guarantee that they would've lynched the Sage, but exhausted-me didn't think very logically.

The good news is that I'll probably be hosting another game soon, if you guys enjoyed this one enough. There's a lot of things I'll probably change, as I've learnt quite a lot as I've went along, and I still had a lot of "surprise elements" which I'll have to introduce at a later time.

Thanks for playing!

Then, wouldn't the remaining sage have won then, since we were going into Night? They would have gained 1/2 majority at that point, meaning a win for them.

Then, wouldn't the remaining sage have won then, since we were going into Night? They would have gained 1/2 majority at that point, meaning a win for them.

You're actually correct. Damn. I really messed up, didn't I?

I won't make this kind of mistake again. First time hosting, was just my luck to mess up the most important part of the game!

you should make another mafia bowie, this was a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back