Mafia The Witch Hunts | Bayonetta Mafia | Umbra Witches Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely inexperienced and have no idea what I'm doing
You see, we cats choose to take our problems head on with varying levels of strategy, tooth and claw as it were.
That's a Warrior Cats reference.
May my neurosis have mercy on me.

Last edited:
I can agree with being scared by the "surprise element" piece of that. As for debating between lynching or not, from my experiences, not lynching in order to glean more information on somebody is a good course of action, even if somebody seems like a good lynch candidate. I am not opposed to lynching in any way, granted that there is damning evidence of somebody's guilt. If there is something on the table that doubt can be cast upon, I become a bit more hesitant to go through with anything.

This kinda seems fluffy to me, but as to your thoughts on the matter I have a few things to say. Logisitically, we can no lynch at only one point in this game with no consequences (assuming that the "surprise elements" doesn't kill anyone, and the consequences being the waste of an allowed mislynch). Moreover, in mafia you're always going to have doubt cast on anything, and there are few situations where a lynch is 100% certain (a "inspection" could be scum lying to force a mislynch for example). Last game on here for example (Overwatch Mafia) two of the lynches are such that I would say that extreme doubt could be cast upon them, and the other two being certain (this is highly different from most games on here, due to the vast amount of PRs). One of the lynches was town and the other mafia, however the mafia lynch I would describe as being pivotal to the course of the game. In short, we're going to have to take risks, especially if we assume it's 6v2. This would allow us only one mislynch and a no lynch for the whole game. Granted, it is dumb to waste our mislynch this early, but we gain two things, reactions and a confirmed alignment which we could use to determine the alignments of other people. If we don't lynch, we just sit around and wait to die

I am completely inexperienced and have no idea what I'm doing
You see, we cats choose to take our problems head on with varying levels of strategy, tooth and claw as it were.
That's a Warrior Cats reference.
May my neurosis have mercy on me.
Hey, editings not allowed most games, thanks

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did a quick look and it looks like 3 people haven't posted: Primarina, Amanda, and Ness. I've seen prim lurking the thread so not sure why they haven't responded to my question

so can we vote on lynching thread now, or do we have to wait?

Hey Bowie, I just reread the voting thread, and something's a bit ambiguous there. In order to vote for nobody, you'll have to explictly type it in the vote thread with something like ##Vote: No Lynch right? Also, just going to remind people that voting is required

Hey Bowie, I just reread the voting thread, and something's a bit ambiguous there. In order to vote for nobody, you'll have to explictly type it in the vote thread with something like ##Vote: No Lynch right? Also, just going to remind people that voting is required

That's the preferred method of doing it, yes.

Voting is a requirement for all players. You will be killed if you don't vote. No warnings.

Did a quick look and it looks like 3 people haven't posted: Primarina, Amanda, and Ness. I've seen prim lurking the thread so not sure why they haven't responded to my question

Hey, yesterday was my birthday and I was busy most of the day today, so I was lurking because I was just reading the first day's post. I was also messaging some people who had sent me birthday wishes yesterday and organizing with someone I'm buying some in-game items from over in the Re-Tail sub-forum.

Anyway, to answer your question, I have never played this game before in any format, so I'm super excited to be playing my first game, and grateful to Bowie for hosting. It feels like a birthday present from the forum to get to be a part of this.

Alright, just to keep this active, is there a person any of you are suspicious of for any reason at all?

For me it'd be xCleb, solely because I disagree with what he said on no lynching (though checking on the last Azurilland game (his main mafia forum) shows it to be PR heavy, so that's probably what he's referring to in terms of concrete). Though I do concede that this is not concrete evidence in any way, and two of our players haven't even checked in yet

xCleb, would you vote for no lynch, or anybody, right now? Moreover, how would no lynching help players gain ANY information? (night actions is NOT an acceptable answer to this question)

Dolby, as I said, I'm totally inexperienced here, but your rationale for suspecting xCleb seems reasonable enough to me, though as you stated, it isn't concrete evidence. However, if I'm understanding things correctly, it should obviously raise suspicion that someone may be a Sage if they don't want a lynching. I'm also wondering if there is a reason why someone who isn't a Sage wouldn't want more information here, but who knows?

Dolby, as I said, I'm totally inexperienced here, but your rationale for suspecting xCleb seems reasonable enough to me, though as you stated, it isn't concrete evidence. However, if I'm understanding things correctly, it should obviously raise suspicion that someone may be a Sage if they don't want a lynching. I'm also wondering if there is a reason why someone who isn't a Sage wouldn't want more information here, but who knows?

Well, if Cleb is town, I do not doubt that he wants information. It's the fact that he thinks that we'll gain more information by not lynching that bothers me(given that he said he's played 20 something games), as we gain more information by lynching. The only reason where a no lynch would be beneficial in my view would be a MYLO situation (mislynch and you lose). I also want to make it clear that not wanting a lynch isn't automatically suspicious, but the MYLO situation is pretty much the only exception in my view.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And to be clear, I don't particularly view the game right now as a situation to no lynch today, especially for the reasons Cleb cited

Just a random pick, I know that's not how you're supposed to play, I'm sorry.

Well, if Cleb is town, I do not doubt that he wants information. It's the fact that he thinks that we'll gain more information by not lynching that bothers me(given that he said he's played 20 something games), as we gain more information by lynching. The only reason where a no lynch would be beneficial in my view would be a MYLO situation (mislynch and you lose). I also want to make it clear that not wanting a lynch isn't automatically suspicious, but the MYLO situation is pretty much the only exception in my view.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And to be clear, I don't particularly view the game right now as a situation to no lynch today, especially for the reasons Cleb cited

Oh, ok that makes sense. It isn't so much that he doesn't want a lynch that bothers you as it is his rationale, correct? And I know that not wanting a lynching isn't automatically suspicious, but coupled with the fact that he has played 20-something games it does make me wonder if he has ulterior motives.

While waiting for a while is usually recommended (especially when you can't modify your decision and you consider how few players have actually participated thus far), it's perfectly fine to vote early!

Oh, ok that makes sense. It isn't so much that he doesn't want a lynch that bothers you as it is his rationale, correct? And I know that not wanting a lynching isn't automatically suspicious, but coupled with the fact that he has played 20-something games it does make me wonder if he has ulterior motives.

Correct, the situation bothers me, but the rationale bothers me more. tbf to Cleb, he isn't on right now, and I want to see if he has an explanation that makes sense from a town perspective (and also, I have played 40 or 50 forum games, so I guess that that last bit can apply to me as well).

I'm gonna be honest, this frustrates me somewhat

Bowie, what happens if there's a tie in the votes?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Two questions on this thinking about it more

1. Do you expect to be on for much longer tonight, or for any amount of time until day ends?
2. Was this purely random or a gut feeling?

Yikes, that's quite a low amount of time for day.

A few quick reads:

Primavera: A bit quick to agree with Dolby, but I'm not seeing any malignity between the two of them. Their tone behind their posts gives me the impression that they aren't in any kind of contact with Dolby, so I'd say that if she was scum then Dolby is more then likely a town player. Personally, they're striking me as if they're speaking in Verbatim so leaning town for now.

Uttamori: They're striking me as confused on what to do, given that they voted Dolby then caved when they were called out.

Dolby: Doing his usual Dolby thing, always confusing me about his alignment. Null.

Thats basically it for now. I do see a bit of prevarication to Cleb, but I would prefer to hear more from them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back