• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Jacques gave me a fake painting

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I don't like him anymore. He needs to move out of my town now. Well at least he didn't charge me for it. So there's a plus.

it's always a bit of a bummer when that happens :( i wish the game included a way of knowing ahead of time whether or not a villager will sell you a fake one, lol

it's always a bit of a bummer when that happens :( i wish the game included a way of knowing ahead of time whether or not a villager will sell you a fake one, lol

Well I guess it makes for good decor lol but yeah it would be nice if there was a way to check. Well at least with Redd we can check.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Send it back to him in the mail.

Good idea! I'll send it back with a rude letter.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bury a buncha pitfalls outside his house and mail him menacing letters

I'll do this too! Time to start collecting pitfall seeds!

Actually, the worst thing is when a villager sells you a fake painting. I've bought a few from Flo specifically, and they've all been fakes. Each one was just as expensive, if not more, than one from Redd's. I know better than to trust Flo.

Maybe he didn't know it wasn't real ^^ no need to hate him! It's really just random if a painting a villager gives/sells you is real or not :)

I never buy any art from villagers because there's no way to know if they're fake until it's too late. But at least you got it free, you didn't lose anything.

At least you didn't buy it! It was nice of him to give you a painting.

It's happened to me before and I bought the paintings... many times!

I have a lot of forged paintings because most of them still look nice on walls.

But if you don't like him for other reasons I understand.
Still... it's kind of a smug thing. ;)

Last edited:
Katt sold me a fake painting for 4,200 bells yesterday. I was so mad.
I TRUSTED YOU

Hehehe

18157436_290362138072731_8455927316154314889_n.jpg

I buried a pitfall seed then pushed him in it. That will teach him to give me fake stuff that I can't use, intentional or not

Start mailing him all your trash. ;)

Lmao. This made me lol.

Anyway to the OP, just avoid buying those paintings from villagers since they usually sell them for 13-15K, and have of the time they are fake....>_> Unless you are rich IG, i wouldn't do it. That's how I used to do it.

I've bought paintings from villagers a few times and they were always real. I guess I'm just lucky on this front.

This is why I don't buy paintings from other villagers. I get them all from Redd, and possibly from other members (if I start a new town).

Marshal gives me a fake painting every other day of the week. Usually he gives all of his fake stock to me for free, but a couple of times he's charged me, and I don't know why I still hold out hope that they'll be real. i get my hopes up every single time

Back