• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What features do you prioritize most in ACNL?

What do you like doing most in-game?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Out of all the features in ACNL, what do you spend the most time doing. Would it be design, talking with villagers, gardening, or something else?

I'm more of the design type of person, so I would go with interior design, debt payments and house remodeling, and mayoral features. But if I were to get all that, I would have to do beetle farming and shark harvesting on the island (for more Bells).

I'm also a completionist of some sort, and aim for completion, which means maxing out housing expansions and completing the Museum.

I definitely spend 65% of the game doin stuff with flowers, about 20% talking to neighbors and taking pics with them, 10% furniture and clothes, and the other 5% is whatever.

So yeah. I love my flowers:lemon:

I like using the dream suite the most along with town designing. :blush:

Right now, I'm focused on landscaping but I do love gardening, hanging out with villagers, and fishing.

My museum has priority but I don't go all out for the completion. It gets first shot at anything new and fills up when it fills up and I don't sweat the small stuff. I do, however, open the 2nd floor as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Landscaping for now. Then going to move on to interior design. And after that, badges :) Everything else I just do as I go along.

Usually love interior design but HHD kinda killed it for me despite not having played HHD in like a year lol. So right now, landscaping!

I use Club Tortimer a lot. I like decorating houses and landscaping too but it takes forever so I don't do it as much.

Usually love interior design but HHD kinda killed it for me despite not having played HHD in like a year lol. So right now, landscaping!

Was it because it was only on interior designing while HHD was a disappointment? I thought their interior design feature was better, but I haven't played it in a while either.

Unfortunately most of my time goes into town design (and ergo landscaping, interior design, etc.)

I usually end up thinking about what would make my town interesting to others, but I wish I designed it more for myself. I end up feeling kinda pressured into making a nice town for people to visit. Since downloading NL, I still have my old cartridge, so over the summer I may try starting a new town on that ~

interior design and landscaping when i feel up for it, but that normally results in me spending time on tumblr looking for patterns and how others have designed their towns while making little or no actual progress with my own town, lol

i also spend a lot of time collecting the badges, too, i really enjoy that aspect of the game :)

Mostly landscaping. Once I finish designing my houses interior, I don't change them much, if at all. I focus more on my whole town and landscaping to make it look nice. I don't spend as much time in my houses so the outside takes priority.

My favourite thing is collecting things, especially for the museum or my house. I also like talking to my villagers everyday though!

Landscaping and interior designing. Right now, I'm focused on the interior even though I'm finished with my houses. I'm trying to nitpick every detail (like things on the table or something a little off-color) even if I'm mostly satisfied with how they look. I want to create another character so I can decorate and upgrade more rooms. I still have lots of ideas but I don't want to demolish some pwps to make way for that. I always make sure to talk to my villagers every time and clear the items the Emporium. I do the holidays/events as they go by. I'm mostly not interested with catching fish and bugs so I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete the museum (got all the fossils though). I don't go to the island, but maybe later on when I feel like earning medals for the items I don't have yet.

I like designing and landscaping the most. But at the moment I am focused on landscaping.

I like to think on how the town should be like, so I guess it's "Town Design."

Chatting with villagers is the most important aspect for me. As a kid, I always loved my villagers. I loved how in gamecube if you got on after their bedtime, you would have to wake them up for them to go to sleep because they'd be sleeping outside their house. And this may be weird on my part, but I always enjoyed how when they went in and their light stayed off, it meant they were comfortable and sleeping ^^. My villagers always felt real to me -and yes, I know it's just a game, but it definitely means a lot to me. Being able to enjoy the company of my villagers is the most important aspect of the game for me.

New leaf does a good job except with cranky villagers, I wish they were more cranky like they used to be. Where is Grizzly yelling at me every time I talk to him? Where is Grizzly's vein popping out of his forehead lol??

I started playing less than a month ago so I currently spend most of my time at the island catching bugs and sharks to sell, doing the tours for medals or grabbing fruit and flowers. I'm sure that will change though once my house is fully expanded.

Right now I spend most of my time making money/landscaping/doing town design working on my town. I restarted in January. I've finished all my pwps just about although I rebuilt and swap a few. I hate it. I'm working on building 4 villagers homes everything is so expensive for no reason at all.
When I'm not doing that I like hanging out with my villagers, working on the museum, fishing.

Back