• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What features do you prioritize most in ACNL?

What do you like doing most in-game?

• Total voters
Landscaping takes up so much time honestly but it's my favorite part of Animal Crossing and once I'm done with landscaping I'm pretty much done with the game.

I've decided I'm going to try and complete my museum, earn badges and get all the golden tools.

I voted for make money because I like traveling to the island at night. Right now I am redecorating my town and I am going to add a third villager somewhere. I want to collect some cool new update furniture and my other houses are pretty full right now.

Definitely landscaping, especially now that we can pretty much determine where villagers can move in. Before it was so tedious to landscape only for a new move in to ruin it all.

Since I've recently restarted I'm doing landscaping/paths/pwps first, filing my museum along the way and talking to villagers as I go around the town. Next I'll work on houses and focus on filling my museum. Badges after that.

My focus tends to change over time. At first I was all about making money so I could pay off my house loans and shop. Now my focus is trying to build lots of PWPs and cleaning up my haphazard flower placement. I also really need to give my rooms some much needed attention. That will happen once I can get Gracie to visit. Right now all my Gracie themed outfits are in my top room just waiting for the challenges.

I've been spending quite a lot of time landscaping and working on my town recently, so that's probably been my priority lately. I always like chatting to my villagers as well, and I like redesigning my house,
but landscaping is where most of my time has been going recently :D

Overall, I've been spending most of my time with designing my town because I want villagers to be placed in certain areas in my town. At the moment... I am trying to get certain villagers to move out due to them being placed in areas that I don't like. :T It makes it a bit difficult for me to decide which Public Works Project I should have in my town. Back in my first town... I always when to the Island to get make lots of bells for home upgrades and certain furniture that I wanted. Never thought of designing my town until I found out that paths can help assist with placing villagers in the right areas that one may want. So... I am grateful to those that design paths for Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who really does not like to landscape? I mean, I have 'sorted' my flowers as in they are still random but colour coded, placed some PWPs, and l 'landscaped' (think: placed some clovers somewhere and some bamboo in another location xD)
So my town looks really nice to me personally but it's in no way up to forum standards and to be perfectly honest I really don't care. All of you guys want to see really nice landscaping and paths and I don't really know and it's too complicated, takes too much time and sucks all the fun out of the game for me.

I LOVE interior design though. :D

Since I restarted my oldest town I'm really into redesigning the layout and landscaping everything from scratch using my very convenient resurrected PWP list :) Landscaping is probably my favourite part of ACNL and I can time travel for hours trying to get things to grow/develop the way I want it to. Since the update I've gotten into interior designing as well which is a huge since I used to leave the houses empty while working on my landscaping and then burn out and never get to finish the interiors. I love refurbishing and working different sets together and making themed rooms!

Oh and one thing I spend an embarrassingly large amount of time on is PUZZLE LEAGUE. I can get really into the time attack mode and just play it for hours and end up hoarding a lot of meow coupons in the process.

Landscaping and interior design have always been my favorites. Along with completing the musueum and getting the badges (im a completionist lol) c:

Obviously landscaping is huge for a lot of us

------ more bushes and green flowers please Nintendo! --------

Back