• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm feeling conflicted about re-landscaping

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I love my first town Mineola, but landscaping my second town has made me realize what a mess Mineola is. It's not literally a mess, but just in terms of how the buildings are organized. Other than that it's quite nice, but the fact that the villager houses and everything are just scattered everywhere has started to bother me not to mention there is very little space to do anything with the way I have things set up. I want to redo everything, but in order to do that I would have to move all of my villagers out and that's where my problem comes in. I don't have any of their amiibo cards, and as of right now I am unable to trade or buy any online. I guess I could just have other villagers as of now, but I'm so attached to all of the ones I have.

I'm very conflicted as of what to do. Restarting my town is out of the question. Here are my maps in case anyone is wondering

Mineola town map:
IMG_2314.jpg

Chococat
IMG_2313.jpg

If you reorganized your first town, where would you put the villager houses?

If I still had my old town, I wouldn't re-landscape even though it was a mess (pre-update). I would have kept it the same because.. well, it was my first town! Even if a villager moved in to a really awkward, annoying spot, I would just view it as a challenge to make it work at the time. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't change it because nostalgia.

But it is your town. You can always eventually get all the old villagers back, it will just take a while. :)

I could make a backup of my town in case I didn't like it, so that wouldn't be too big of a problem. Just gaining back my villagers. And I would place them along the bottom of the map in a straight line or something like that. There isn't a lot of space to put them anywhere else so I would have to look around first.

I don't see anything wrong with your map and the building placements, in fact, I like your first map more than the second. Having villagers placed randomly really adds to the challenge of landscaping and it is something to be admired. Bringing in new villagers will give your town a breath of fresh air. It is all personal taste really...
((you could also hack your villagers into place))

I love your first map! I'm a fan of placement like that. My own town is very similar. I've learned that it makes it more fun if your villagers move into random places, and challenging, too. I love it!

If you wanted to reorganise your villagers and you don't mind time-traveling to do the 16 villager cycle for each of them, you could just get them back from the kind people on the forums :) It won't be impossible, if that's the only thing holding you back from going through with your plans!

The grass is always greener... the other town layouts are always "better"

I know the feeling. You want clean and organized - I can see it on the second map.

I'd have to be in a dream town to really see what the layout looks like but what it looks like just on the map is the possibility of a Mori Forest Zen kind of town. Clover and cobblestone paths.

I recently visited a dream town - I think it's called Undella- it had this amazing rambling wandering forest vibe. I don't really have a town that feels like that so I really wish I had a town that wasn't so perfectly laid out like my other towns.

The TBT user who has the town "Bluebell" also has an amazing wandering town.

If you love your dreamies then maybe visit some dream towns for inspiration and try to work with it. You may have to tear down some removable PWP.

If you decide to work with it and want to talk about your town send me a pm and I'll try to help :)

-

I'll probably keep it that way, to be honest, especially if you've already worked around everything (built PWPs, finished landscaping, etc.) despite the placement of villager houses. It's nice to look what you've done pre-amiibo and what you can do on a new town with the convenience of the new update.

Don't try to get your villagers back cycling if you want to do it with all of them. Just pick new villagers trust me. It took me three months to get villagers I wanted in a new town. I spent a month trying to get one dreamie (just one not even all of) . Just...Don't. It'll drive you crazy and make you hate your villagers even ones you like for a while because the process is so boring and annoying.

If you want the villagers leave them there. Don't touch anything.

If you think you could learn to have new villagers by all means go ahead. :)

Last edited:
I like your first town lay-out. I would not change a thing. This way you have two different style of towns.

I understand the fear. It's always daunting to think about changing up your town, and while many things can be undone, the uncertainty of restoring everything is enough to prevent you from changing.
Personally, knowing that you have an online community willing to help you, villagers aren't as difficult to get again.

But if you really want to try to stick with your town, I think everyone else has said it best. Maybe a fresh coat of paint is what you need. Sometimes you need to take on big projects to hold your interest, and your town layout isn't actually so bad.

Whatever you decide to do, much luck to you ~

I like your first town lay-out. I would not change a thing. This way you have two different style of towns.
Wholeheartedly agree with this, I love your first town as well, quirky, individual, great villagers (you said you luv 'em), just brilliant.
If need be, get a few players who say they are good at landscaping, to check out your dream address, if you feel changing it is beyond you.

I actually prefer the first map. I think it is weird to see all of the houses lined up like that. I don't recommend cycling for all of the villagers. I did it for one villager in my town and it took forever. I can't imagine doing it for all of them.

Though if you wanted to, you could probably temporarily make it a cycling town. That way you would move enough villagers out and you could also make bells/ tbt that you could use to get your current villagers back.

Count me in with those who love the randomness of the townies choosing their own house locations. I love the excitement of where they will choose to plop their houses down and the challange of altering paths, etc. But that is me in real life... very "go with the flow" and enjoy whatever life flings my way.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I definitely do not want to cycle. I had to cycle to get three of my villagers back after losing them, and it was a nightmare. I guess the process could go faster if I used amiibo cards to move in and kick out really quickly, but I still feel like that might be a hassel. I guess I'm just going to just stick with what I've got for now, and perhaps in the future if I get the amiibo cards for my villagers I could do it but right now it seems better to wait.

Back