Harvest Moon

oliversacnl

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mailbox
Anybody play it?

I have some of its older games, but not the oldest ones. My favorite is the first one I ever got, which was Harvest Moon DS. I also have Harvest Moon DS Cute, Sunshine Islands, Island of Happiness, Tale of Two Towns, Animal Parade, and Tree of Tranquility.

The characters are all so lovable, and I really love the small town sort of feeling.

Oh I absolutely adore Harvest Moon. A Wonderful Life, Friends of Mineral Town, Harvest Moon DS, Tale of Two Towns. I played Story of Seasons too and absolutely adored it. Have you tried the new one? Trio of Towns, I think it's called. I haven't really bothered with the new ones besides the Story of Seasons series.

I haven't bothered with the new ones too much, unfortunately. I preferred the pixelly look- I found it cuter.

No way, you have FOMT!? I've been looking for it forever! My parents found it online a few years ago, but it was priced at like $70 and not worth it in the end.

I've heard of Trio of Towns, but it sounds like a bootleg version of Tale of Two Towns, tbh. Is it by XSeed or Natsume?

I've heard that Natsume kept the rights to the Harvest Moon brand name, but that the games we know and love are really made by XSeed instead.

Story of seasons are the Xseed games (the original harvest moon series as you said) and they're great! I'd really recommend trio of towns which I've been playing and really love. The first one was great too, but it tends to crash and have frame rate issues after you have a lot of hours/unlocks which is super annoying. No such problems so far in TOT though!

The ones you want to avoid are any "Harvest Moon" titles after A New Beginning. Those are the garbage Natsume ones post distributor switch.

Last edited:
Story of seasons are the Xseed games (the original harvest moon series as you said) and they're great! I'd really recommend trio of towns which I've been playing and really love. The first one was great too, but it tends to crash and have frame rate issues after you have a lot of hours/unlocks which is super annoying. No such problems so far in TOT though!

The ones you want to avoid are any "Harvest Moon" titles after A New Beginning. Those are the garbage Natsume ones post distributor switch.

A Wonderful Life was super good, and after that I think Tree of Tranquility was also pretty good too.

I haven't bothered with the new ones too much, unfortunately. I preferred the pixelly look- I found it cuter.

No way, you have FOMT!? I've been looking for it forever! My parents found it online a few years ago, but it was priced at like $70 and not worth it in the end.

I've heard of Trio of Towns, but it sounds like a bootleg version of Tale of Two Towns, tbh. Is it by XSeed or Natsume?

I've heard that Natsume kept the rights to the Harvest Moon brand name, but that the games we know and love are really made by XSeed instead.

Oh yeah, I've had FOMT for a long time now, my parents bought it for me when I was young. I think FOMT was on the eShop, also I just checked ebay, and I'll think you'll be pleasantly surprised ;D. And surprisingly, it's also being sold at Gamestop (online only) used. Not too bad.

I'm not sure, but I've seen a little gameplay and it looks pleasant but I'm not sure. I can't buy too many games right now lol.

A Wonderful Life was super good, and after that I think Tree of Tranquility was also pretty good too.

God, Wonderful Life was perfect for me. The music, the way the town changed over the years. And it's one of the few games where I loved each of the bachelorettes (can't say the same for the female version though :(.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I've had FOMT for a long time now, my parents bought it for me when I was young. I think FOMT was on the eShop, also I just checked ebay, and I'll think you'll be pleasantly surprised ;D. And surprisingly, it's also being sold at Gamestop (online only) used. Not too bad.

I'm not sure, but I've seen a little gameplay and it looks pleasant but I'm not sure. I can't buy too many games right now lol.

God, Wonderful Life was perfect for me. The music, the way the town changed over the years. And it's one of the few games where I loved each of the bachelorettes (can't say the same for the female version though :(.

Nami, Muffy, and Celia. :blush:

And yes, the farm music was so great. It's very nostalgic for me.

Nami, Muffy, and Celia. :blush:

And yes, the farm music was so great. It's very nostalgic for me.

Oh yeah, I loved all three of them but decided on Celia (sorry Marlin!) on my first save file and Muffy on my second file.

It was, I'm gonna go listen to those tunes on Youtube. :)

I played Harvest Moon on GBC and FOMT on GBA and thoroughly enjoyed them. Hadn't played one for years but picked up Story of Seasons and was pleasantly surprised. It gets mixed reviews but I think it's excellent, definitely one for fans of the older games.

Wow, that's awesome! I'll have to ask for it for my birthday, then. Thank you so much!

I also really loved Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility, but I liked Animal Parade better because of the new characters. I married the Witch. :D

In HMDS, I married Nami. She's pregnant right now- I'm really excited for my first Harvest Moon baby!!!

I am probably more excited about getting a fake baby than I would be if I were to get an actual child, lol. Harvest Moon is so great.

Wow, that's awesome! I'll have to ask for it for my birthday, then. Thank you so much!

I also really loved Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility, but I liked Animal Parade better because of the new characters. I married the Witch. :D

In HMDS, I married Nami. She's pregnant right now- I'm really excited for my first Harvest Moon baby!!!

I am probably more excited about getting a fake baby than I would be if I were to get an actual child, lol. Harvest Moon is so great.

Haha, I'm glad!~ OH btw, if you do buy off eBay, make sure to see their feedback, recent feedback should tell you how well (or bad) the purchase will go but no worries, I've bought numerous times from there and only had one hiccup. :)

I never got the chance to play Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility but I heard they were enjoyable.

Niiice!~ I wanted to marry her and think I was working on it a long time ago. Awwww mermaid babies! Haha I don't blame you, I'd probably get way more excited over virtual babies than real ones. Real ones would scare me to no end haha

Last edited:
I've played Harvest Moon Magical Melody before. :eek:
It was really fun! :D

Yes. I have played Harvest Moon. ^.^ The last Harvest Moon game that I played was Harvest Moon Animal Parade. Good times... The first Harvest Moon game I've played was Harvest Moon Back to Nature for the Playstation.

Last edited:
I love Harvest Moon. So much of my life was sucked up harvesting crops and making friends. XD But I love laid back games that give you a lot of options. The Harvest Moon series does exactly that. I haven't played too many of the new ones. I'd much rather play the old ones for nostalgia. A Wonderful Life is my absolute favorite.

I'm realizing Save the Homeland hasn't been mentioned yet! After A Wonderful Life it's probably my most played of the series. Down side was you couldn't have a family.

Last edited:
I really think Harvest Moon is underappreciated. But it makes sense that many members of a forum for Animal Crossing would like Harvest Moon. They're very similar in their play styles.

By far my favorite Harvest Moon is Animal Parade. I loved the art style and the "new" mechanics weren't too different. I think Animal Parade (and ergo Tree of Tranquility) found a pretty good balance of making you work for success, but it wasn't too difficult. The characters were very cute, and although I wish there was more story, the cutscenes and events were fantastic. If there was a remake for a current console, I would be ecstatic, but that's not really Xseed's style, haha.

A Wonderful Life is another favorite though. I used to play it for hours when I was younger. It truly managed to evoke an incredible sense of nostalgia, and that's truly impressive for any game.

The newer Harvest Moon games are alright, though I'm not too fond of the art style and all the additional farming sources make things overwhelming. I'm also surprised same-sex marriage hasn't been available yet. I understand the cultural restraints, but I would have imagined a game with such a family building focus wouldn't have done it yet, or at least shown signs of adding the option.

SoS > Harvest Moon
Deal with it

I'm giving away my stuff just pm me (Trio of towns)

Last edited:
I've always been upset that there isn't a gay option for marriage. Even just adding in ONE gay character would be great, honestly!

I'm still not over that tongue in cheek "best friends" option in Harvest Moon DS Cute, where you can marry one of the magical bachelorettes in a "best friends ceremony." Oh, man. I'm laughing even now.

Like, just make them gay. It wouldn't be that difficult at all.

I could talk about this for hours, but I think I'll stop it right here.

Man I'm prob never gonna play this series but its Chrystina's absolute favouriteeee. Tried getting her to play Dream Drop Distance, but when I told her 3oT just came out at the time, she hasn't let it go its great lmao

Man I'm prob never gonna play this series but its Chrystina's absolute favouriteeee. Tried getting her to play Dream Drop Distance, but when I told her 3oT just came out at the time, she hasn't let it go its great lmao

Haha dannng. Oh dear, maybe one day when she's done with her 3oT, maybe she'll hop on some DDD. Good luck~ :D

I just bought Harvest Moon: A New Beginning literally 30 minutes ago. I played this game on my DS and I LOVED it, But this one is for the 3DS. I can't wait to fire it up.

Edit: The first HM game I played was Island of Happiness.

Edit again: I like this game. Mainly because you don't have to do all the upgrades to the barn by collecting wood and stone and stuff. It's already upgraded.

Last edited:
Back