• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Question about birthdays!

yeah the birthday bells system is a bit buggy. last year i got no greeting and no gift. this year i received 70 bells from gyroid. they say sometimes gyroid greets you a happy birthday but brings no bells. so...

but if you have it listed, then at least on your special day people will see your name among the birthday celebrants at bottom of home page and your forum pals can send you a nice note wishing you a happy birthday.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they send the Bells manually? I thought they had to do it manually because people could easily abuse the system by changing their birthdate to the current day and getting free Bells.

no, it's automated

and there's probably just some forced delay in the system to circumvent abuse

no, it's automated

and there's probably just some forced delay in the system to circumvent abuse

I received my birthday bells 4 hours early. maybe gyroid lives in Iceland???? also, i checked and he did not give me a birthday greeting, just dropped off the bells and that was it.

we need AnimalCrossingPerson on the case, the Case of the Buggy Birthday Bells....

It's actually a known glitch that varies from person to person, year by year.

Some will receive a PM but no bells, others will receive bells but no PM, and some won't receive anything, and even when users do receive bells, they often receive a partial amount, not the full amount.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

^ there's where you can edit

If you add it, you should receive 100TBT + [your age]TBT on your birthday, although the system is a bit dodgy!

I thought they stopped giving the age TBT bonus since people abused the feature by switching their birth dates 100 years back to get more birthday bells. They also reduced it to 70 TBT, which I think is too low for birthday bells.

I thought they stopped giving the age TBT bonus since people abused the feature by switching their birth dates 100 years back to get more birthday bells. They also reduced it to 70 TBT, which I think is too low for birthday bells.

You're getting free bells here. Don't complain about the amount.

My question is why they even bother with this if it doesn't work for everyone. It's unfair for the people it doesn't work for.

lol 100 tbt is pretty useless anyway - ngl it's a lot easier to just make a couple of lengthy posts rather then abuse the birthday bell system lmfao

I got 70 on my birthday last year, and nothing this year. (April 22nd)

Both of the birthdays I've had here I've received 70 Bells, so it's a little odd that not everyone gets them. How does the system work, anyhow? Is it just random?

I got 70 this year but I'm not sure if that's annual or a first birthday only thing

Back