• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your favourite self-created catchphrases/greetings?

Am I the only one that denies giving them a catch phrase and greeting? I like their diaglogue to be completely original.

Last edited:
I have Felyne's catchphrase to be "nya, see".
Based off of the cats Battleblock Theater. :p

That's epic! Why didn't I think of that before. Curly looks just like Porky Pig.

When I had Ankha in town her greeting was "I'm your Queen" and her catchphrase was "Bow to me." I also like to make the alligators say "Oh snap!" I forgot I changed Julian's catchphrase when I last played and he surprised me recently by saying "stay fresh." Thank you Splatoon.

Awesome combo with Ankha. I've never been fussed on her personally but if anyone suits lines like that it's obviously her. I imagine cats having similar narcissistic lines like, 'Speak, cretin'. XD

My town is called Teacup so I currently have everyone going around saying different types of tea.

ex;
Marshal's is 'earl grey'
Muffy is 'chai'

So cute! I love matching systems like this. Have you done bubble tea for any of them? Now I wish my town name had similar potential. I guess, since my town is called Cashmere, I could do catchphrases after different types of wool? Lol.

Those are cute, but in reality cats shouldn't drink milk and ducks shouldn't eat bread crumbs. It can make them sick. Still cute though.

Um, this is a game. They won't get sick.

I like making their catchphrase seem like they're speaking in third person. For example, Grizzly's right now is "Grizzly says". So when he talks he'll be like "I really want an apple, Grizzly says."

In the game I played before starting afresh, I used spells from Harry Potter like "Alohomora" and "Accio ____(fill in the blank with whatever matches the villager)".

New catchphrase for Olivia. Really suits cats how she says it all demanding. XD

HNI_0067.JPG

Those are cute, but in reality cats shouldn't drink milk and ducks shouldn't eat bread crumbs. It can make them sick. Still cute though.

I think I read that traditional cow milk is hard for them to digest, but another kind of milk (goat maybe?) is easier on their system. I'm not 100%, I don't give my cats milk anyway since I hate it and it's hardly ever in the house.

On topic though, I always have a hard time coming up with greetings or catch phrases. I had Ankha saying "Come here, turd" for a while and I laughed every time.

the first time i changed bluebear's catchphrase i changed it to "berry-boo" and i haven't changed it since. but she still asks for new catchphrases, and i don't want to disappoint her, so i just take the hyphen in and out.

cheri says "cherry pie."

when i get the chance, i want to change cheri's greeting to "i love bluebear!" and bluebear's to "i love cheri!" because i want them to be girlfriends :blush:

I make everyone in my town say meow regardless of species.

Some of my latest phrases/greetings. Last one might only be recognised by British people? :D

HNI_0016.JPG

HNI_0020.JPG

HNI_0027.JPG

HNI_0088.JPG

HNI_0087.JPG

I absolutely love the fact that they lest you change their greetings and catchphrases. The only thing that bugs me about it is that it disturbs the Public Works Projects diving technique. I love that I changed birthday boys's catchphrase to "Lobster Bisk."

I absolutely love the fact that they lest you change their greetings and catchphrases. The only thing that bugs me about it is that it disturbs the Public Works Projects diving technique. I love that I changed birthday boys's catchphrase to "Lobster Bisk."

I gave up with the diving technique due to those stupid jellyfish stings every 10 seconds. I'd put the timer on for 10 mins, but having the sound on for that means you hear the jellyfish too. Not to mention, I can't say I got PWP requests any easier.

Since my town is named Buttland, I made them all butt-themed pretty much, like I have a lot of them call me "butt nugget" or "buttmunch". I have Moose's greeting as "I like big butts" XD
Mosy recently I changed it up a bit and made Spork's catchphrase "Bewbs"

I haven't done it yet, but i'm planning on making Genji say "I need healing" as his greeting if I can as a reference to Genji from overwatch. Or just any phrase that Genji says in overwatch, I think it'd be really funny if I did that. This isn't one of my favourite self-created catchphrases but I gave Dizzy the catchphrase noodles in capitals once, just because I was 14 and hungry. Plus, he was a lazy so I assumed he must like noodles since he'd mentioned them in conversation once or twice.

Pietro just asked for a new greeting.

He will now say "Pull my finger" whenever he talks to me lol

I think right now one my favorites is "With fries pls" for Ketchup the duck ^^

Gave this phrase to Kitt off the top of my head and being a mum it suits her extra well I think. I love her even more now. ^_^

HNI_0042.JPG

I made Marcel say 'Raptor!' as a greeting.

It's funny to me -I won't let him change it.

With the other villagers I can't be bothered changing theirs, I'm not very creative haha

Savannah has the catchphrase "pyjamas". I know it sounds random, but it makes sense to me.
In my country, there's a children's song that's called "Who Knows Why the Zebra Wears Pyjamas?"
The song compares the zebra's striped body to pyjamas and explains why it wears this "clothing" and nothing else. The zebra tried different clothing after it took off the "pyjamas", and each one had some kind of problem with it, that becuse of it, the zebra gave up on the clothes and felt the need to return quickly to the pajamas it had worn before.

Back