• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your favourite self-created catchphrases/greetings?

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
For some reason I'm REALLY snobby with my animal catchphrases and greetings. Like, it has to really suit the animal for me to be satisfied with it. What are some of your favourite that you created yourself and why?

My absolute favourites so far:

Midge - 'kinder egg' as catchphrase. She just suits it really well and reminds me of a chocolate egg.
Cat villagers - 'pet me' or 'got any milk?' as greeting. Self explanatory really. ^_^
Duck villagers - 'breadcrumb' as catchphrase. I gave this to Drake since he's a mallard duck and in the U.K. people commonly feed these ducks pieces of bread.

I'd have so many more if it weren't for the dang character limit, but it's not worth mentioning those since we can't actually use them.

off the top of my head, back when i had biff in my old town i had him greet me with "yo, butthead!" a few times since i love back to the future :p i've also had him say "mcfly!" on an occasion or two

often i end up giving cat villagers a variation of meow or something else silly, except punchy though, his "mrmpht" sounds rather perfect to me :) otherwise i actually don't change their catchphrases or greetings too often!

For some reason I'm REALLY snobby with my animal catchphrases and greetings. Like, it has to really suit the animal for me to be satisfied with it. What are some of your favourite that you created yourself and why?

My absolute favourites so far:

Midge - 'kinder egg' as catchphrase. She just suits it really well and reminds me of a chocolate egg.
Cat villagers - 'pet me' or 'got any milk?' as greeting. Self explanatory really. ^_^
Duck villagers - 'breadcrumb' as catchphrase. I gave this to Drake since he's a mallard duck and in the U.K. people commonly feed these ducks pieces of bread.

I'd have so many more if it weren't for the dang character limit, but it's not worth mentioning those since we can't actually use them.

Aww those are all adorable!~

off the top of my head, back when i had biff in my old town i had him greet me with "yo, butthead!" a few times since i love back to the future :p i've also had him say "mcfly!" on an occasion or two

often i end up giving cat villagers a variation of meow or something else silly, except punchy though, his "mrmpht" sounds rather perfect to me :) otherwise i actually don't change their catchphrases or greetings too often!

Hahaha~ I love it.

But anyways, I'm not really creative when it comes to this sort of thing. I did have Agnes saying "Bacon bits." But I'm pretty sure I got that from another TBT user. :p

Just about all of my villagers' catchphrases are fine as they are, but greetings, however, I have this, specifically...

WVW69kQ-1dEK0F7b2F

I clearly watch too much RuPaul's Drag Race as all my villagers walk around saying:
"No tea no shade"
"Yaaaass Henny"
"Ockurrrrrr"
"Yaas gawd"

;)

My Wild World villagers were very rude (but funny, or so I thought)

This time around I've made it more family friendly, as my daughter sometimes plays in my town, so have used phrases that relate to the type of animal.

Tangys also references a scene from the movie Super Troopers.....

HNI_0038_JPG.JPGHNI_0040_JPG.JPG

If the character limit allowed it, I'd give the pigs the catchphrase, 'Do you like bacon?' from Dragonball. :p

I mostly pick stuff like "loser" and other words. I like to make them sound as mean as possible for some reason.

When I had Ankha in town her greeting was "I'm your Queen" and her catchphrase was "Bow to me." I also like to make the alligators say "Oh snap!" I forgot I changed Julian's catchphrase when I last played and he surprised me recently by saying "stay fresh." Thank you Splatoon.

I've posted the same variations of this a thousand times, and yet...
HNI_0015.JPG

Those are cute, but in reality cats shouldn't drink milk and ducks shouldn't eat bread crumbs. It can make them sick. Still cute though.

I gave Molly the greeting "What's Quackin?" once. :p

I set Kody's catchphrase to 'bro-dy', because he's always saying bro and his name is Kody. That's the best I can come up with :'D

I made one of my snootys say thank you as her catchphrase. My cranky says I hate it! As his catchphrase. I had an octopus say riverfolk. (They live in saltwater idk). I change them pretty often though.

I have Pashimna saying "Love ya, Bae!" It makes her sound like she's part of the mean girls clique, LOL. Plus, she also seems the most like that type out of all my villagers.

Stupid head :lemon:

And homie, bro, and man work good for my fav villagers:rolleyes:

My town is called Teacup so I currently have everyone going around saying different types of tea.

ex;
Marshal's is 'earl grey'
Muffy is 'chai'

I like making Lazy villagers greetings be "Sweet babies"

Idk just seems so silly

And for catchphrases, I just put dumb, random stuff. Like "ableism" or "butts"

Back