• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can't decide on a name!

Which town name should I choose?

• Larkspur

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Nettle

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Moss

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Introvert

what
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Purple Violet
Tasty Cake
I'm currently in the process of making a new town, and I cannot decide on one of the three names I've chosen. The town will be somewhat of a forest-y theme, so I've thought of types of plants I like that sound nice. I'm mostly torn between Nettle and Moss...

i really like nettle! it sounds very peaceful and relaxing :)

For me as a German Nettle sounds like a poisonous plant. In my opinion moss sounds the best. Very harmonic, cozy, and forest-y.

Edit: I've never heard Moss, or maybe 1x..? But things as Hyrule are more common than that.

Last edited:
Afraid nettle brings up stinging aspect for me as well.But nettles are really good for you (eaten/infusion) and very important for butterflies & other insects.
I love moss, sounds so soft (& it is) & sets me off sideways - lichen is very interesting (grows on trees, have a look what it says about them on wikipediea) and camomile (aka the camomile lawn, a novel but there are actual camomile lawns).
Mossy, mossie, & then there are named varieties of moss, and moss is very prized by the Japanese they use it a lot in traditional gardens.

Last edited:
I voted for Nettle because I'm 100% sure I've already seen other people use the other two as town names.

I voted for Nettle because I'm 100% sure I've already seen other people use the other two as town names.

Yeah. Same.
I know the dead-nettle plant from my flower/plant book. Good thing there are different species of nettle.
Nettle also sounds like kettle! There are a lot of teapots and kettle furniture in ACNL. I customized them in different colours! :)

Personally I prefer Larkspur. The flowers are pretty, and I think the name sounds very nice as well! However, I think all three sound like the names of forest towns.

This is way more difficult than it should be!
I'm starting to think that moss is more forest-y. (moss covered trees are so pretty) Nettle just sounds and looks cute!
Thank you all for your opinions! I can see that Nettle is the favorite thus far. Still having a tough time deciding.

I wish "Mosspatch" would fit! I've also considered "Pinecone"

Last edited:
Back