Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I don't know if it's just me, but hybrids have been impossible to grow ever since the update. I have two towns, and I have struggled in both of them. It feels like before the update, hybrids grew with ease but now all I can grow is normal flowers. They won't even grow on my beaches.

In my first town, I have the golden watering can and I use fertilizer, but still nothing.

My second town is new, so all I have is the silver watering can which I know isn't as good, but I still can't get anything but the occasional pink rose to grow, which I don't want anyways.

I have my flowers lined up like this too (x=flower, o=space)
xoxoxo
oxoxox
xoxoxo

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem too! Generally, the first time I try to grow hybrids it'll grow one, and then after that it just grows normal flowers or nothing at all for a long time. :(

That's kind of how it is in my second town. Besides the couple of pink roses I have, I have only been able to grow one black rose, an orange and blue pansy, a blue violet, a black tulip, and three orange lilies out of all my breeding flowers. Regular flowers breed like crazy though. Even with the roses and lily hybrids I have they only reproduce regular flowers.

Last edited:
I get random purple hybrids (tulips, roses), black hybrids, blue roses, orange pansies, lilies and cosmos on the beach when I time travel a few days to move the villagers in.

I'm having the same problem. I could always grow them fairly easy before. I'm still able to grow them, it's just taking a lot longer. It took about 5 days to get a pink rose from two pink roses. All I was getting was white.

I'm concentrating on getting pink cosmos at the moment, I have a bunch of red and white ones on my private beach and usually get two a day. I haven't had much luck with the rest of my flowers.

Once I get enough pink I'll switch out the cosmos and try to breed something else. I agree that it's slow!

That's odd, this isn't happening to me. In my towns Chocolat, Flora and Moonview the hybrids are showing up like they were doing before the update.

Even before the update, even after the update, just because you fulfill the requirements doesn't mean hybrids will grow. My reccomendation though is to switch to Beautiful Town ordinance. Chances of growing hybrids is a lot higher on the Beautiful Town ordinance. I even experienced it before.

The update has nothing to do with hybreeding. I'm able to breed hybrids in both towns just fine, before and after the update.

If you continue to have problems with hybreeding, don't be afraid to ask me for help.

I'm wondering if feng shui and wearing lucky item item affects flower breeding luck.

In my experience I have been various colors of roses and yes I do think I have seen a few more white flowers but still breeding hybrids but maybe for those starting with normal flowers to get a hybrid may be harder?

The update definitely made small silent changes...

Hm... not sure why you're having problems. Mine grow just fine my layout is

xoooox
oxooxo

Last edited:
I haven't experienced anything different. I would say it's the same for me at least. I have beautiful ord. though if that's a factor we're considering.

I'm wondering if feng shui and wearing lucky item item affects flower breeding luck.

It could be possible. My main floor is Nintendo furniture arranged to accommodate feng shui, and I am like a hoarder of hybrids cause they just show up all over the place:lemon:

Having a golden watering can and the beautiful town ordinance help a huge deal. I imagine it would be very difficult to take care of flowers without that ordinance; especially me since like 95% of my town is flowers...

My usual layout is like this, with a repeating pattern:

XXXXXXX
XOXOXOX
XXXXXXX

never really had any issues with it. Always gettin those purple and blue pansies:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back