• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do You Ever Buy Third Party Gaming Products?

Do You Ever Buy 3rd Party Gaming Products?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
nope, too afraid the quality won't be up to standard. Unless there isn't a way for me to get the first party one, or the third party one has really good reviews and is significantly cheaper, then i would. but so far that hasn't happened to me.

A few things. I don't buy a great deal but currently I'm going more third-party than first.

• PS1 memory card
  • PS2 memory card loaded with Free McBoot
  • 3DS styluses
I'm thinking of getting one of those cheap USB 3DS cables for when I'll start taking the bus to college just so I can plug it into a power bank for full brightness. In my opinion they should just allow people to have maximum brightness on the 3DS without it being plugged in - if I want less battery life, so be it.

Yeah I did buy Action Replay back in the days when Gen IV-V of Pok?mon were still supported and stuff because of all of the events worldwide we never got. I probably had sucky 3rd party chargers and stuff as well.

I do have some random 3ds stylus the seller of my Japanese 3ds sent me and some protection case they also sent me so yeah :p

i've never had luck with third party controllers.

but chargers, styluses, cases etc i see no need to buy oem stuff unless the price is the same.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i've never had luck with third party controllers.

but chargers, styluses, cases etc i see no need to buy oem stuff unless the price is the same.

I'm pretty sure all of my 3DS chargers, stylus' are third party. Honestly, I'm not bothered by it as long as it works that's all that matters to me.

Sometimes, I guess?

I used a 3rd party charger for my 3ds for about 6 months before it broke, then never again ._.

After ending up with a third party memory card and losing my original Animal Crossing GCN town, I try to avoid them. Although I recall one of my first party memory cards corrupting later on, too, so... I still avoid third party products anyway.

Last edited:
The only things I ever really use/ buy from third party are memory cards and controllers. I only buy controllers when I need one on an old system, but I do prefer the old Madcatz Gamecube controller over the official.

Back