• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I wish you could make rooms smaller

Nook's could just have the option to add a partition wall. The overall room would stay the same size but you could have a cute little ensuite bathroom.

That option would be nice. I keep my rooms as big as possible, and I've never done a bathroom, but smaller rooms would work out better for some things. If they didn't want to downsize, maybe Nook could offer services for walling off certain areas of a room. You could get a grid of the room, like the update did for moving furniture, and draw where you want walls to be. You could choose what type of wall you want (full wall? half wall? stone, bamboo, brick, etc.?), what type of doorway you want (door? no door? rectangle, or rounded arch? wooden door, metal door, red door, etc.?), that sort of stuff. I think it would be interesting.

Completely agree. Wish we could remove rooms as well. My side character has a room I used before but since I changed the entire theme of her house, I have no use for it now.
I really hope all the house customization options from HHD carry over to the next main title.

Completely agree. Wish we could remove rooms as well. My side character has a room I used before but since I changed the entire theme of her house, I have no use for it now.
I really hope all the house customization options from HHD carry over to the next main title.

Agreed. HHD added so many cool features that I hope are carried over to the next Animal Crossing.

yeah, I want all of the rooms but just smaller ones :c the first room is w a y too big.

I really enjoy smaller rooms too, sometimes they're just better and you can make the design of a room way better when its smaller. For example, a cute bathroom or laundry room.

You could just not fully upgrade the rooms, but for someone like me who likes completion thats a hard thing to do :p but if you dont mind an unpaid loan than thats an easy way to get a smaller room. But regardless, it would be nice to add in or downgrade rooms if possible.

I actually prefer bigger rooms, but next game should allow us to choose what house sizes we prefer (including a 12x8 main room).

But do you know what else we should do? Have the ability to approve or disapprove of Nookling expansions. So if you prefer to keep T&T Mart when you passed all remodeling requirements, you should be able to disapprove of remodeling. But if you say yes, there's no going back, just like if the Reset Surveillance Center was built.

Me too. In Longborn I made my kitchen too big and now it just looks so awkward.

Different strokes. I would like an enormous basement, 4X the current maximum. Also, 4 2nd floor rooms. However, I wholeheartedly agree with those folks who wish for the ability to change room sizes. (I just like my scheme better)

Back