• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Kellyanne Conway.

I'm sure he does but its pretty rude to tell someone with a purple heart congratulations, you're supposed to thank them

Yeah, he really isn't a kind person nor was Clinton, either way America would've been screwed, but you guys would've been less screwed if Clinton was President but that's just my opinion.

It's a sad and worrying time for the world right now, *sigh*.

Last edited:
What's the difference?

Both are praising that gentleman.

Okay, well how about this scenario:

You just lost your leg, and you're greatly praised by friends and family and strangers for doing a brave act. Then, someone comes up and says "Hey congratulations (for losing your leg)" instead of saying "My deepest condolences for what happened, you're a brave man. Thank you for your service to the United States."

Do you understand? How do you think that old man felt afterwards?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, he really isn't a kind person nor was Clinton, either way America would've been screwed, but you guys would've been less screwed if Clinton was President but that's just my opinion.

It's a sad and worrying time for the world right now, *sigh*.

The main reason I wanted Clinton in office was because my health care wouldn't be in risk of being lost. I'm glad Trump's repeal and replace plan failed but I don't give the republicans in office any credit for it because the only reason it failed was because it put them at risk of not serving in congress several years from now. But I'm sure Trump will take another swing at repealing it.

You just lost your leg, and you're greatly praised by friends and family and strangers for doing a brave act. Then, someone comes up and says "Hey congratulations (for losing your leg)" instead of saying "My deepest condolences for what happened, you're a brave man. Thank you for your service to the United States."

I think he felt good receiving recognition from the POTUS. :)

I think he felt good receiving recognition from the POTUS. :)

I have no words for you. Anytime someone brings up a logical point you deflect with some smart alec comment like this. Learn to think before you go into defense mode.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The main reason I wanted Clinton in office was because my health care wouldn't be in risk of being lost. I'm glad Trump's repeal and replace plan failed but I don't give the republicans in office any credit for it because the only reason it failed was because it put them at risk of not serving in congress several years from now. But I'm sure Trump will take another swing at repealing it.

Side note: I'm glad you were able to keep your healthcare, I was worried about people losing their healthcare when Trump attempted to repeal it. People can't survive with their insurance, especially those with pre-existing conditions. It sucks to know you can't afford what you need to survive because money. But hopefully you have little issue with keeping your healthcare. I just wish it wasn't such a business and more to help people.

The main reason I wanted Clinton in office was because my health care wouldn't be in risk of being lost. I'm glad Trump's repeal and replace plan failed

What would place your health care of risk? What does Obamacare do for you, as an individual? Did you see the Trump's repeal and replace plan or did you hear opinions about it?

Last edited:

can we stop the virtue signalling and fake outrage? God help us if Trump's tie is slightly crooked one day, there will riots. we know he's not the best with words. go ahead and keep beating that dead horse. when the day comes that he actually does something bad no one is going to take it as seriously as they should.

can we stop the virtue signalling and fake outrage? God help us if Trump's tie is slightly crooked one day, there will riots. we know he's not the best with words. go ahead and keep beating that dead horse. when the day comes that he actually does something bad no one is going to take it as seriously as they should.

If you aren't good with words you probably shouldn't be in a position where you have to make very important decisions, let alone decisions for an entire country.

trump has alrrady done Actuall Bad Things lol he's constantly doing bad things and planning on doing bad thins which is why ppl are constantly angry abt it all

Kellyanne Conway is a woman who achieved one heck of a first, though I am no fan of how she did it and the result of her success :

Conway was hired by Trump in July, having worked for his rival Ted Cruz, and eventually became his campaign manager ? the first woman in that role to guide a US presidential candidate to victory. She continued to be a regular surrogate for Trump during the transition, continuing the high-wire act with charm and a rare talent for reframing questions.

New York Times columnist Frank Bruni described a typical Conway TV interview as a thing of ?sheer, jaw-dropping wonder ? a circus of euphemisms, a festival of distractions and a testament to the stamina of a willed smile?.

?She looks cheery when attacking, even cheerier when attacked and absolutely radiant when descending into a bog of half-truths and fictions. It?s always sunny on Conway?s side of the street.?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...te-house-gaffes-three-strikes-but-not-yet-out

I don't think she is particularly intelligent, but she certainly has a strong work ethic and drive to succeed :

?I didn?t think she was a deep thinker,? one of her high-school teachers told Cosmopolitan. ?But I do remember that she would argue her point relentlessly. You would pray to God that the bell would ring.?
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/04/kellyannes-alternative-universe/517821/

The latter article covers her education, family background, and the groundwork that led to her history-making turn. I have absolutely no liking or respect for her profession (political PR spinning). I respect the work ethic of the individual, but I do not consider the field itself to be beneficial to society (aside from generating jobs and material to keep generating controversy and discussion, I guess, which is also true of drug dealers from that perspective..). I have enormous respect for those people trained in statistics and analytics who choose to work in the field of political polling. It is thankless, daunting, and important work. They are undercut, at every turn, by the likes of Conway who not only twist the existing polling to suit their spin (as expected), but go out and do their own polling - with flawed methodology - to supplement their material.

She is not a stupid woman. She did not walk blindly aboard the Trump train. She has worked for decades to bring about this kind of populist overhaul of US politics. Rightly or wrongly, she's succeeded.

I disagree - vehemently - with the her politics and her methods. I do not wish her any particular ill-will, although I'm long past the point of watching any interview she is a part of, or reading articles that site her as a reliable and knowledgable source to the exclusion of one who can - and will - answer the actual question asked. She has demonstrated time and again that she cannot - or will not - engage in actual conversation and discussion in those situations. So I expect reputable news sources to continue to cease calling on her for comment. I don't care what her job description is, if she can't contribute meaningfully then I don't want to hear from her. I can't think of an equivalent person on the extreme-left who I have written-off, but I think that's more due to the uniqueness of her position than it is political bias. I despise being given the run-around : it's not a sign of intelligence, it's one of trickery and deception. I'm no fan of "talking points" but she has made that concept a kind of artform. I knowledge it now exists, but I have no appreciation for it.

But if it wasn't her, if it wasn't Trump, this would still have come to a head in the US somehow, someday. Not to take away from her achievement (hollow as it is, in my personal opinion), but she identified an already-present trend. She spun her stories artfully, and with a grasp of how to reach "the little people" whilst dancing past the serious questions - from all sides - with a skill that surpasses that of any previous US political spinner. But she didn't create the audience herself.

---

I loved Kate Mckinnon in the new Ghostbusters movie, and a random (hysterically funny) short video I saw her in. I don't get to see much of the SNL stuff since the clips linked in articles are rarely viewable in my country. But the photos I've seen of her as Jeff Sessions and Kellyanne Conway are so well done. She is a phenomenal talent!

If you aren't good with words you probably shouldn't be in a position where you have to make very important decisions, let alone decisions for an entire country.

most voters aren't looking for poetic eloquence in their president. they just aren't. because it doesn't matter.

trump has alrrady done Actuall Bad Things lol he's constantly doing bad things and planning on doing bad thins which is why ppl are constantly angry abt it all

it hasn't been remotely as bad as some people have made it seem. he gets compared to Hitler every damn week. why? because he wants to give illegal immigrants a free ride home? doesn't want terrorists pouring in so we can turn into Europe? doesn't want people's premiums to keep going up? what a Nazi.

most voters aren't looking for poetic eloquence in their president. they just aren't. because it doesn't matter.

The ability to articulate your ideas and your desires for your country does very much matter, but alright.

I won't get into the Trump/Hitler comparison's because this thread is supposed to be about Kellyanne Cryptkeeper but some quick googling could probably help you. There's a lot of comparisons out there.

I haven't watched SNL much, but I do hate all of Trump's folks. They seriously scare me.

However, I do feel slightly bad for her. I know that when she said "alternative facts," she just meant that the guy's source was biased, in her opinion. Still, everyone made fun of her for the wording. Kinda sad but also kinda funny, lol.

To be completely honest, I don't know very much about her. I just know that his administration scares me.

What bad things has Trump done? How is he constantly doing bad things? How do you know he's planning on doing bad things?

Define "bad thing."

- - - Post Merge - - -

The ability to articulate your ideas and your desires for your country does very much matter, but alright.

I won't get into the Trump/Hitler comparison's because this thread is supposed to be about Kellyanne Cryptkeeper but some quick googling could probably help you. There's a lot of comparisons out there.

I have my history books for that.

Trump is not like Hitler.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't watched SNL much, but I do hate all of Trump's folks. They seriously scare me.

However, I do feel slightly bad for her. I know that when she said "alternative facts," she just meant that the guy's source was biased, in her opinion. Still, everyone made fun of her for the wording. Kinda sad but also kinda funny, lol.

To be completely honest, I don't know very much about her. I just know that his administration scares me.

Why does his administration scare you?

- - - Post Merge - - -

At least he doesn't say "um" or "hm" like Obama did every five seconds.

Maybe if we could stop the immature political arguments that would be gr8:lemon:

How is this immature, friend?

I'm not directing it at you Raskell. As a matter of fact I want to see factual proof that Trumps administration is absolutely terrifying and is nothing short of the Third Reich.

But seriously like the main post on this thread is just asking for an argument lol:lemon:

I'm not directing it at you Raskell. As a matter of fact I want to see factual proof that Trumps administration is absolutely terrifying and is nothing short of the Third Reich.

But seriously like the main post on this thread is just asking for an argument lol:lemon:

I don't think anyone in here is asking for an argument or being immature.

The factualness of some people's opinions can be debated
but it they're still entitled to their opinion, as each his own.

Last edited:
Look. I don't care for politics. In fact I hate politics. This past year and a half has completely turned me off to it, for nearly everything politics has involved within it. I haven't seen everything he's done but for the most part, it's been pretty damn stupid. So for the most part? Him and his administration are are a bunch of loons in my eyes, but I don't give a damn anymore. I'm done paying attention to it, because my life will be better when I focus on my own life.

So excuse me for making some generalizations but my opinion is still set in stone, they're not a very good administration, the one lady who's head of education(Sorry I forgot her name) is an idiot, and there's a lot more to that.

End of story for me.

Oh, and I'm just going to point out he said he had the most successful "thirteen weeks" when in reality he only served for 11 then. Made me laugh quite a bit to be honest. Minor nitpick but it was pretty funny.

I have a lot of catching up to do in the thread but I hope you don't set your choice to never care for politics in stone. If you do nothing will ever get better in our country.

That said I definitely think you should focus on your life, too. IIRC you're not old enough to vote yet but you can in the next election, of course I won't Blane you if you aren't interested next election just because past trends have been that the current administration stays a second term. That also being said, if you don't like how the country is being run then next election could be your time to enact change. My hope is that we get someone decent running. I'm sick of Hillary and Bernie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wanted to say that being a good speaker =/= being a good decision maker, though it does help.

I think Trump has made some* careful decisions lately despite his crass way of speaking and I really think our relations with other countries would have been worse under Hillary - by worse meaning I think the US would've continued to be the world's whipping boy (and as a US citizen sorry not sorry I care more for my countrymen than the rest of the world) That said we're not in an alternate timeline so it's impossible to say.

Last edited:
Back