• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mr. Cat's Plush Toys

I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner. We were meeting with contractors to get estimates for some work we need done.

I understand wanting a new challenge in crocheting. Right now I'm crocheting a hammock for our rats' cage. It's not too challenging but it's something new.

Oh my goodness! It's so nice of you to offer to reserve Molly for me!! Let's see... I have licensed 6 inch Isabelle and K.K. plushies so I think a 6 inch Molly would look great with them - unless that size would be too hard because it's small. Then I'd say whatever you'd feel comfortable doing. I will definitely want her - no worries. I'll start saving as soon as I here back from you. Thank you so, so much!

It's all good! It took me days to reply back, haha.

Awww, a hammock for the rat cage, that's so adorable! I WILL get rats again somebody and I'm gonna have to do that too... I should actually make one of those for my little toddler's collection of Nintendo plushies. Great idea!

Yeah, I can try to get it to be about 6"! Smaller can be a bit harder sometimes, but since it's less material I only charge about $30 for something like that (with free shipping if you live in the US). I'm making a gift for a little girl right now and will start on Molly when I'm done with that :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner. We were meeting with contractors to get estimates for some work we need done.

I understand wanting a new challenge in crocheting. Right now I'm crocheting a hammock for our rats' cage. It's not too challenging but it's something new.

Oh my goodness! It's so nice of you to offer to reserve Molly for me!! Let's see... I have licensed 6 inch Isabelle and K.K. plushies so I think a 6 inch Molly would look great with them - unless that size would be too hard because it's small. Then I'd say whatever you'd feel comfortable doing. I will definitely want her - no worries. I'll start saving as soon as I here back from you. Thank you so, so much!

Awww, a hammock for the rat cage, that's so adorable! I WILL get rats again somebody and I'm gonna have to do that too... I should actually make one of those for my little toddler's collection of Nintendo plushies. Great idea!

Yeah, I can try to get it to be about 6"! Smaller can be a bit harder sometimes, but since it's less material I only charge about $30 for something like that (with free shipping if you live in the US). I'm making a gift for a little girl right now and will start on Molly when I'm done with that :)

Thank you for understanding! I don't mind waiting for a reply. I understand how rl can keep us busy.

Our two rats boys are big boys so normal size "small animal" hammocks aren't roomy enough. We tried a cat hammock but that was too big for the cage. I got fed up and decided to try to make one myself. This is actually a second one I'm making for them now. I hope you can have rats again some day. They're such little characters. A toy hammock is an excellent idea! I bet your little one would think it's awesome! I've seen those nets they sell and didn't think they looked sturdy but a nicely crocheted hammock would work much better.

I don't want Molly to be a pain to make so if it would be easier if she was larger than 6" I'm fine with that. I can imagine how something smaller than 6" would be more difficult. I'll start saving with $30 in mind but like I said if you need to make her larger just let me know what the new total would be and I'll be happy to save it up. That's so nice of you to offer free shipping! I'm in the US so I really appreciate that. Aww! That's so sweet that you're making a gift for a little girl! I'm sure she'll love it! I'd love to see it when you're done if you're able to post pics of it. There's absolutely no rush. I'm more than happy to wait patiently. Plus I know everyone's creative process is different.

I'm so grateful to you for even agreeing to create Molly for me. Thank you so much!

@Valzed: Alright, so... I aimed for 6 inches and she's about 8 inches tall, but you can sit her down on her butt to make her 6 inches. Would you mind adding an extra $5 to the total because she turned out a bit big? If not, it's totally okay because I already said $30 and it's my fault for making her so big, haha.

She's not nearly done yet, but she is obviously coming along and should definitely be finished really soon. I can hold her for as long as you'd like.

20180814_160950.jpg

Attachments

• 20180814_160249.jpg
    20180814_160249.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
@Valzed: Alright, so... I aimed for 6 inches and she's about 8 inches tall, but you can sit her down on her butt to make her 6 inches. Would you mind adding an extra $5 to the total because she turned out a bit big? If not, it's totally okay because I already said $30 and it's my fault for making her so big, haha.

She's not nearly done yet, but she is obviously coming along and should definitely be finished really soon. I can hold her for as long as you'd like.

View attachment 219584

OMGosh, she's so cute already! I can absolutely add $5. I'm fine with her being 8". I'm so, so excited I'll finally be able to have a Molly plush! I love the pics! Thank you for sharing them! Thank you for creating her!

Back