can a bridge be placed this way?

Daub

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
the provided bridge in my town is off-center in relation to the plaza by one block and i was hoping to demolish it and rebuild it rightly centered, however i only noticed just now the "true center" of it is on a slight diagonal.

tumblr_onpshfJZrh1rhzseio7_r1_400.jpg

i don't want to waste 130k bells to have to build the bridge in the same place after demolishing it, so i was wondering if anyone knew if i could place the bridge this way?

(there aren't any other spacial limitations, pwp's or houses or anything, to block the bridge)

Last edited:
If it is a half space, then yes you can build it there. It will look really awkward though. If it is a full space, then no.

If you want it to line up exactly with the plaza it won't work as the plaza is three spaces wide and the bridge is only two. That being said the bridge could still go there.

I don't think it can. I don't have any such river bends in my town, but I think it's unlikely a bridge can be placed here and I know a fair bit about bridges.

I'm skeptical and I also have this feeling that it won't be possible. The center where it bends and the right part looks awkward to put a bridge on.

I think it's possible, but I know you can build bridges diagonally, which I didn't want when I was working on my town of StarFall.

I would say no. I just tried in my town in a similar area with a sharp point like that and she just kept placing the bridge to the right where the sides didn't point like that.

I'm going with no. When there is any twist or turn in the land Isabelle will say no.

The spacing of bridges got better after the update but these river shapes are still tricky!

I was given a bridge placed like that when I started my town. Everyone always says my placement is weird, but I didn't place it there. I'm really used to the way it looks. But yes, it's possible

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll try to take a pic of my bridge and see if it's like what you're thinking?

Back