BTB

Toot

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Am I the only one who thinks things are going too far with them?

People are becoming waaaaaaay too greedy with them and it's kinda sickening. Just like when in-game bells were used and traded for btb. Almost everyone hopped on the collectible bandwagon.

In my opinion, they should be limited to only collectibles or other things that only deals with the forum.

I feel like they should be taken out of the New Leaf section all together. I really feel like it's killing the game here. I mean... yes the game is old and sort of dying, but what's the point in draining the last of it by having to spend btb most of us do not have.

It used to be so fun traded with people here with the in-game bells. Then that got killed by hackers and glitchers thriving for an edge on the game. Most of which probably don't play anymore. The game is most likely dead because of it, but that's an entirely different matter.

It really sucks for the new members who come in and have no clue what's going on with them. There are people who come in specifically for the game. When someone says "Give me 100 TBT for the ABD or no deal" (Yes this is a real quote) to a new member, there is a higher chance that they will quit out and not come back.

There should be a limit on the bells. Even if it can't be limited, could there at least be another section or subforum for them to be used in, while people can trade and sell with in-game bells in the main Retail section?

I could make this an entire passage with a bunch of crap, but....

GL6ql4p.png

Last edited:
Hi, there!

TBT Bells are a very unique forum system that many people have grown to love! Our community has its own little economy of sorts, and while it indeed can be hectic, it encourages the forum to remain active for all present and future players of the series, for to earn TBT you have to post!

And through posting comes meeting new friends which you can enjoy the game with. In the process, you earn a digital currency you can splash to make your forum experience even better, and also to benefit your in-game life!

Hi, there!

TBT Bells are a very unique forum system that many people have grown to love! Our community has its own little economy of sorts, and while it indeed can be hectic, it encourages the forum to remain active for all present and future players of the series, for to earn TBT you have to post!

And through posting comes meeting new friends which you can enjoy the game with. In the process, you earn a digital currency you can splash to make your forum experience even better, and also to benefit your in-game life!

That sounds all good, but refer the 2nd to last paragraph. There are people that give no craps about new members. Even if they did, new members don't get bells to start off with. I know its to stop current members from making alts to send the bells to their main accounts, but legit new members come in and have no clue what the bells are for. Most don't really post and end up leaving.

It can still be a unique currency, but I feel like it should stay unique to only forum items and events.

Last edited:
That sounds all good, but refer the 2nd to last paragraph. There are people that give no craps about new members. Even if they did, new members don't get bells to start off with. I know its to stop current members from making alts to send the bells to their main accounts, but legit new members come in and have no clue what the bells are for. Most don't really post and end up leaving.

It can still be a unique currency, but I feel like it should stay unique to only forum items and events.

There are a lot of guides available for newcomers to the forum, you know. And the staff are always willing to help out newbies who have concerns about the TBT Bell system.

There are a lot of guides available for newcomers to the forum, you know. And the staff are always willing to help out newbies who have concerns about the TBT Bell system.

But you still have to look at it from their position. No one is gonna know how to get around that easily. Yes they can just read the main page, but most don't. Most just try to hop onto things.

ill i have to say on this forum is nope, nope.

What?

Last edited:
you're literally talking about a concept from a year ago where tbt marketplace used bells and retail specifically used igb. dude, it doesn't matter. let people use tbt. and let people be greedy, this is literally how a normal economy works. and this is an animal crossing forum.

you're literally talking about a concept from a year ago where tbt marketplace used bells and retail specifically used igb. dude, it doesn't matter. let people use tbt. and let people be greedy, this is literally how a normal economy works. and this is an animal crossing forum.

Read the last part of the OP again please.

people trade igb in the re-tail section... we don't need a seperate section again

- - - Post Merge - - -

happy 3,500th post btw

people trade igb in the re-tail section... we don't need a seperate section again

I know what you mean, but having a sub forum within the Retail section would make things easier and simple for newcomers and people who don't want to trade for btb. Right now its just a huge clutter.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but having a sub forum within the Retail section would make things easier and simple for newcomers and people who don't want to trade for btb. Right now its just a huge clutter.

that's a good idea, but staff wouldn't let it happen anyways.

But nobody really needs in-game bells anymore.. If we couldn't sell for tbt, then most shops would close because MOST of everybody playing acnl have been playing for years and have all the bells that they need already..

But nobody really needs in-game bells anymore.. If we couldn't sell for tbt, then most shops would close because MOST of everybody playing acnl have been playing for years and have all the bells that they need already..

That actually was gonna be part of my OP, but I left it out because it contradicted the possible separate btb section...

I was thinking why not just make it a trade forum without igb or anything. But I can see how that won't work. There are a good amount that still try for igb. Mostly newcomers.

that's a good idea, but staff wouldn't let it happen anyways.

I feel you on that one. Sometimes I wonder what's the point in even bothering.

Last edited:
It's actually "TBT Bells", not BTB.

Okay... Lol I know what it is. Me and a few other friends (long gone) started calling it btb for fun. It just stuck. BTB makes more sense than TBT anyway lol.

Last edited:
That actually was gonna be part of my OP, but I left it out because it contradicted the possible separate btb section...

I was thinking why not just make it a trade forum without igb or anything. But I can see how that won't work. There are a good amount that still try for igb. Mostly newcomers.

What I meant was, most of the "shop keepers" are long time players of the game. There surely are newcomers who only want to deal in in-game bells. I was one of them at one point. But it did encourage me to just stay active on the forum, which is what TBT is meant to accomplish, I believe.

I don't think a sub-forum will ever happen because there will be more buyers who want to buy with in-game bells than actual shops that want to sell for in-game bells. But I think a good compromise is to have a prefix for it :)

What I meant was, most of the "shop keepers" are long time players of the game. There surely are newcomers who only want to deal in in-game bells. I was one of them at one point. But it did encourage me to just stay active on the forum, which is what TBT is meant to accomplish, I believe.

I don't think a sub-forum will ever happen because there will be more buyers who want to buy with in-game bells than actual shops that want to sell for in-game bells. But I think a good compromise is to have a prefix for it :)

They could still do all of the above with the sub-forum. The sub-forum is just to organize everything so every other post isn't igb and btb. One forum for regular in game and regular trades while the other is for only things that have to do with btb.

Last edited:
I do think in hindsight that it was better when the trading forums were organized according to whether the transaction was for IGB or for tbt forum bells.

Okay... Lol I know what it is. Me and a few other friends (long gone) started calling it btb for fun. It just stuck. BTB makes more sense than TBT anyway lol.

Special place in hell for people like you

It's actually "TBT Bells", not BTB.

. . . Do you know what they both stand for?

Tbt bells = the bell tree bells
Btb = bell tree bells
They both mean the same thing except one is a shorter version and gets rid of the unnecessary "the".

Plus if everyone said btb we wouldn't have a bunch of people just calling it "tbt" because too many do and it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Back