• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where should I put a new house?

TykiButterfree

Such a tease!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Fossil Easter Egg
Friday the 13th Candy
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Spirit Candy: Wix
Christmas Candy
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
I haven't played much since the update and now I would like to make a new character so I can decorate a house with all of the cool new furniture. I'm just not sure where to put my third character's house. I wanted to put a house in the upper right corner where Mitzi is now, but I'm not sure if I want her to move or not. There is also some space near the right of the train station or left of the caf?.

I am also undecided on a boy or a girl villager. Either Xemnas or Aqua because I have a Kingdom Hearts themed town. I don't want to make them both because I like having one space open for plot resetting.

town map.jpg

There's a lot of room in the area left of the train station and right of the cafe. So I think there could be a good idea. Also, is there enough space in the top left corner where the river and the pond is? Because if there is, I think it could be cute there.
It really just depends on what kind of feeling you want.

Hmm, I don't know if a house would fit in the top left. I'll have to try it. Then I could live next to a waterfall. And the reset center. lol There is a fountain and flowers around the caf?, but the one on the right isn't as fun. If I demolish it a house might be good there. Then it wouldn't be right in the town entrance.

I just wanted to say that I love that you have a kingdom hearts themed town as I enjoy the series myself :) Hmm, personally I think you should keep Mitzi's house where as it is as I feel like having a house directly behind another would make the pathway a bit awkward or complicated. Imo, I think a third house would look nice in the upper top left corner in line with the other villager's house so it could give them a neighbour and make that area look less lonely, but that's just me. You could have a PWP there anyway so that kind of defeats the purpose, but that's my two cents anyway. :)

Last edited:
Top left somewhere on the thin strip of land or to the left of the vertical bridge near the re-tail if either of them will fit.

A house will fit in the top left near the bridge if I change the bamboo lining the train track. I like the idea of lining it up with Del's house. I am between there and right behind the great tree. I could probably move that fountain to the front or side of that plaza instead. I don't think I want a house left of the caf? because I was just able to build that bridge and I don't really want to block it with a house. And building it farther back takes out a few pictures stumps that I'd rather keep.

It depends on what kind of house you are going for! Are you trying to simulate it into a "facility", like a hotel? If so, then by retail! Is the second character supposed to be "by canon" anyway involved or in your life (in AC)? If so, then by your house! If the character has nothing to do with you, then I suggest putting it on the top left wide strip of land above the river! That way, there will be minimal villager "mess-ups" with house placements and you can decorate around it without feeling it being exposed all out in the open. :)

Left of the cafe, left of the town hall (if there is space), or next to the mayor's house. Those would be my top choices.

Possibilities:

Right above Re-Tail - more exposure more traffic might work well with paths but obviously I can't see if there are rocks in that area
Near the top left - left of the train station - more quiet, tranquil

I think I will go with the space in the upper left. There is less room for flower decorating, but I always liked putting houses near the water. Thanks for the help.

Also, this is to the right of the mayor's house. She has taken over that whole bottom section and made it a hybrid garden. The zen garden is to keep other houses out. My mayor is greedy. lol
flowers.jpg

Possibilities:

Right above Re-Tail - more exposure more traffic might work well with paths but obviously I can't see if there are rocks in that area
Near the top left - left of the train station - more quiet, tranquil

Top left seems like the best choice to me.

Last edited:
Under your townhall, In line with the 2 villager houses.

Last edited:
There's the space by the river and bridge underneath the townhall! I like river or ocean places best, personally.

Personally I would say either by your other house since there's a big space there, or somewhere up by the railroad tracks! It might be cool to have it to the right of the train station about your plaza, but there are a lot of good places for a new house. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the help. :) I ended up placing it by the railroad tracks above retail. The river is my front yard. lol I named my character Xemnas, but then I started playing with amiibo and now he looks like Link.

Last edited:
Back