• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you a weeaboo?

Are you a weeaboo?

• はい。

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • No.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • I dunno.

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
I mean, around my boyfriend I'll say arigato, or kawaii, or onigaishimasu (Sp?). I worked a little bit in a Japanese restaurant where I had to say Japanese phrases so sometimes I still use them to say thanks or please or have a nice day. Only to my bf though. I do use kawaii sometimes but it's often to make fun of myself. I don't know if that means that I am one? I also quote things in anime.. Like certain lines I think sounded cool or funny. But these are all inside jokes with my bf..? I also sing along to Japanese anime music that I like? D: Don't judge me

i've actually been called one. but i don't even watch anime. ?? so no i'm pretty sure i'm not

absolutely not. i refuse to even use little japanese emoticons like XD, o_o, ^_^
it honestly makes me cringe when i see non-east asians do it to be honest. but thats my opinion.

it's such a chibi looking emoticon that surely looks like it stemmed from anime lol.

Nope. Couldn't care less about Japan. I mean, they've made some good shows and stories and have made a lot advancements in technology, but that's about as much as I care.

Id say kind of. Im sure obsessed with anime, cutesy Japanese things, etc. But I dont go all out with the outfits and such.

I do like anime, but it's not something I watch a ton of. Liking Sailor Moon and knowing like four japanese words is probably classed as being a weeaboo but meh. I only really class someone as a weeaboo if they literally think that they are japanese, and constantly try to speak it really badly. Nothing wrong with somebody trying to learn a language, but if it's someone who's butchering it just because they think it's cute or "kawaii" because it's japanese, that's when it's not okay.

Last edited:
Nah. I don't watch a whole lot of anime, and I can't stand casual use of Japanese words the way weebs do. It really makes me cringe, especially when people say them in those forced baby voices. No thanks.

I like Japan and I'd love to visit the rural areas some day, but it's definitely not an obsession.

I can write and understand a few words but nope, I'm not fascinated enough with anything Japanese to be called a weeb.

I watch a lot of anime, got a pretty good amount of merch, and regularly save anime styled art. I would never classify myself as a weeaboo though. It annoys the heck out of me when someone casually calls an anime lover a "weeb." Please don't. It annoys me to the fullest extent.

I watch a lot of anime, got a pretty good amount of merch, and regularly save anime styled art. I would never classify myself as a weeaboo though. It annoys the heck out of me when someone casually calls an anime lover a "weeb." Please don't. It annoys me to the fullest extent.

haha weeb

Nope. I watch anime but that's about it. Would like to visit Japan I suppose but only for the stuffed plushies! :D

"I'm not a weeaboo I just appreciate Japanese culture ;w;"

Stop worshipping Japan and start worshipping Jesus. God doesn't like anime, it's a false idol that promotes secular values and turns you away from the Lord.

Stop worshipping Japan and start worshipping Jesus. God doesn't like anime, it's a false idol that promotes secular values and turns you away from the Lord.

oh ****... somebody finally said it

LMFAO
10/10 agree

Praise the Lord

Back