• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you a weeaboo?

Are you a weeaboo?

• はい。

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • No.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • I dunno.

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
It's actually not a big deal whether someone is a weeaboo or not, I don't know why people even bother to label others this way, rather just let them like what they want. If it's such a problem, it might just be your own problem o;

I don't watch anime or know anything about it for that matter and I don't know what a weaboo is so my answer is no

no, i just love Japan XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

and cat girls

I thought people who were watching tons of animes were otaku, what's a weeaboo?

I started getting interested in Japanese culture when I was young because my great uncle lived in Japan and before that Korea and sent us cool stuff, also because I met an interesting Japanese exchange student. Etc... Until a few years ago, I didn't care about anime. I started watching them before going to bed to reduce my anxiety, but unlike real otaku, I know nothing about the voice actors, studios and so on... So I know I'm not otaku. What about weeaboo? I don't wear cat ears or say kawaii every two seconds, I'm very closeted about my hobbies, nobody knows apart you, that I'm watching anime. I don't dream to live in Japan, I like the culture, art, history, language, food... but there are things I also don't like. I'm fine in my own country. So? Am I?

I think just playing to ACNL makes everybody here weeaboo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

absolutely not. i refuse to even use little japanese emoticons like XD, o_o, ^_^
it honestly makes me cringe when i see non-east asians do it to be honest. but thats my opinion.

What? It's Japanese? D: Nah, those emotions are there since internet exist, Japanese emotions are cuter and more elaborated like
(⁎˃ᆺ˂) (,,#゚Д゚) ( •̀ω•́ )σ

I mean Japan didn't even exit when we started using o_0
XD looks more like South Park.

Last edited:
Closest I have ever been is when I took Japanese in high school, but some of the people in their turned me off from trying to learn the language because they thought we should abolish America and make it another Japan. Other than that, I have watched Pok?mon Indigo and the two Avatar shows (Last Airbender/Legend of Korra)

Weaboos are people who base what real Japan is like from what they see in anime and basically put it on a pedestal above all other places in the world. People can totally love anime or Japanese culture or anything else relating to Japan and not be a weaboo, though people may call you it anyways, but as long as you aren't like "UGH I JUST WANNA MOVE TO NIPPON CAUSE IT IS WAY COOLER THAN *insert countries here* BECAUSE THEY HAVE MAID CAFES EVERYWHERE AND ALL DRESS KAWAII UWU", you are fine.

The funny part is that being an otaku is severely frowned upon in Japan and it is very much a formal environment and they aren't always super fond of non-Japanese people either. There is a lot of 'kawaii' stores in the hotspots of Japan and some anime-centric shopping places, but as a whole, those things are usually seen as for kids and not exactly proper for adults to like, similar to how some people act about it in the West lol.

I like a couple of anime and I've got the original Pokemon manga and the Death Note manga but I'm not a weeb.

I used to be but I'm not any more. I love anime, manga, and Japanese culture as hobbies, and would love to visit, but since I'm an adult I will not make any hobby my obsession.

well i mean no, i get accused of it a lot. I don't watch anime anymore. Nor do i want to learn Japanese.

(I unironicly want a daki tho..)

There's no way in hell I would become a weeaboo or an otaku. Both are toxic.

My friend calls me one, but that's basically just because I watch some shows where the characters don't have battles all the time.

Otherwise, not really. I like a lot about Japan and what Japan produces, but I'm not exactly cuddling up to a waifu pillow whilst wallowing in self pity that I wasn't born in Nippon.

Weaboos are people who base what real Japan is like from what they see in anime and basically put it on a pedestal above all other places in the world.

Of course they put Japan on a pedestal, it's factually better than the rest of the world. They have samurai robots, ninja's and girls who are also cats.

The West can't compete with that. All we have is Robocop and Jaden Smith...Jaden Smith can't beat up a ninja.

If I'm a weeaboo, I'm the noobest weaboo out there. I LOVE sushi and sashimi but I check out a new anime or jrpg once every blue moon, even though when ppl ask me if I'm into jap shizz I usually say "yes"...

Back