Special Characters Discussion: The Able Sisters

Buster Bunny

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
buMIYSi.png
0BZeqa2.png
T6echD5.jpg

The Able sisters are the hedgehog girls who run the tailor shop in the town, they're Sable, Mabel and Labelle (the last appearing in Animal Crossing: City Folk).

Sable is the older sister who is usually working in a piece of clothing everyday non stop and is very shy that she take a while to open herself to the player and tell stories about their family and in City Folk she reveals that Labelle is her younger sister who parted ways.

After befriending her, we can unlock the QR Code Sewing machine in New Leaf.

Mabel is the clerk and the youngest sister and she not only give details about the clothes and prices, but also allow the player to make his/her own designs for a fee.

Labelle appeared in City Folk in which she worked for Gracie and in New Leaf she take care of the accessory shop.
She is also the most dressed of all sisters and a good definition of beauty.

I wish we could talk to Sable more, about real things, beyond the ten days. Now when I talk to her she says, "It's always nice to see you, Bazinga." but that's it. I also wish we could talk to Labelle like we could Sable; I bet she has some interesting stories to tell about the time she worked with Gracie.

I do miss the story arc from these girls that we used to get throughout the year in past games. I seem to remember one of the episodes featured a plot line about Nook but I don't remember any of the details.

Actually, Labelle also appears in new leaf but instead of working for Gracie she works at the able sister's again but in another part of the store for accessories. :)

I like both of these characters and i've never had any negative thoughts about them, I wish we got to know Mable more. Although she's the more outgoing one of the two and talks more than Sable, we don't really know her backstory and we only know it from Sable's point of view. I like that you have to build a friendship with Sable before she starts to open up to you, it gives more depth to the game and it's interesting that there aren't any other shy special characters that you can get to know in game. Or special characters that you can really get to know as much as Sable.

Was Mabel adopted since she's blue and her sisters are brown? Is her real dad... Sonic?

when I first started this game I thought she was a male character for the longest time

I love Sable and always related to her, even in the gamecube ac as a kid. Shes quiet, shy and reserved but definitely opens up when you get to know her. I wish you could interact even more with her in the game. I love when she blabs on about the Able family.

Hopefully in a future ac game, theyll include her in more and make her "do" more.

I find a pity that only Mabel have an amiibo figure.

I really wanted to see Sable and Labelle away from their works for once.

Well, specially Sable.

I always get Mabel and Sable mixed up unfortunately. I always remember Labelle.

Back