• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Am i the only one that says eh? or mhm after every sentence?

Not after every sentence, just when I feel like they are necessary like when agreeing with someone.

well, sometimes I say mhm or hmm if I'm trying to reply to something that involves decision making or when I'm not sure what I'm gonna say. I say "ehh" but I try to say it only to people I'm comfortable with because the word can sometimes sound unpleasant.

i've never said eh but i say mhm a lot to agree with people. im like this with "haha" or "lol" too. its just hard to get your words on the internet without sounding mean or weird

It's your catchphrase. I bet all the villagers are going to be saying it within a few days.

Nah. I day Mhm a lot irl, and sometimes over text. Somtimes I say eh or meh.

Sometimes I respond with 'mhm' when I feel too lazy to say 'yes' to a question.

i say mhm a lot if someone is in a long monologue but not after my own words lol

i went through a phase when texting i'd always say eh? or eh in capitals to almost everything, even when someone said something that surprised me i'd go eh in capitials

Occasionally I'll use "mhm" but it's more of a way to acknowledge someone when they're talking to me, it's not something I'll use between sentences. One thing I'm conscious of lately is that I've been ending some sentences with "you know?" quite often, and I'm not sure when it started. Honestly, I think it's mostly the result of talking to my siblings/parents/friends and feeling like what I'm saying to them is going in one ear and out the other. I really hate it when I'm explaining something and the person I'm explaining to clearly isn't listening or is distracted, so it seems to be a confirmation stemming from that.

I say huh and right a lot after a statement when speaking. Like, "it sure is sunny, huh/right?" but I only say eh at the beginning of a sentence, usually when responding to a question.

No , but sometimes i say "Ahem" before saying something

Last edited:
Back