• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone have the Lotus Pond yet?

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
On Nintendo's official website, there's an article that says you can get the Lotus Pond item from the post office throughout the month of April.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2017-national-streetpass-weekend-spring-edition

But when I go to the post office to try to get it, I don't get it. I'm in North America, in case that's relevant.

Has anyone else been able to get it? The other two items in the article say that they need a Nintendo Zone to claim, but the lotus pond just says "post office."

Last edited:
Hmm, is your spot pass on? Also, maybe it's like the white festive tree where you get a letter with it as a present attached, but not on any specific date? I don't think anyone else has gotten it yet either so perhaps the day it becomes available hasn't come yet? :/ It says "In addition, you can get one item from Nintendo by in-game mail via the SpotPass™ feature!" in reference to the lotus pond, that's why I thought it might actually come in the mail. I'm just guessing here though.

I didn't think they still did stuff via the post office - it hasn't worked for me for months now, so I just assumed they'd stopped sending items out via the post office. Hopefully it'll work soon, or will come via a letter from Nintendo!

I went to a working Nintendo Zone - talked to Pelly - and she said here you go! A Taurus bathtub!

Thanks, Pelly. But I was hoping for the lotus pond. :) I was sad it didn't work for the lotus pond.

No one else has it yet except hacking. Nintendo said sometime this month - so they have a few more days to surprise us!

That is one confusing description, even for Nintendo :

Did you know that you can get special in-game furniture and items when you visit a Nintendo Zone location? In addition, you can get one item from Nintendo by in-game mail via the SpotPass? feature! Get these special pieces and add these spring-themed pieces to your room:

Cherry-blossom clock (4/1-4/15) in Nintendo Zone
Taurus bathtub (4/16-4/30) in Nintendo Zone
Lotus pond (from Post Office)

Seriously - it those few words it manages to reference in-game mail, SpotPass, and the Post Office for the Lotus Pond. As part of the StreetPass Weekend event. Wow.

On the upside, this is all academic for me in Australia. On the downside, I'm reliant on people in the US and elsewhere getting access to this item so I can trade for it.

That "in-game mail" phrase does make it sound like it will be delivered to your in-game mailbox instead of received from Pelly/Phyllis at the post office. So, we still have a week for Pete to bring us all our lotus ponds.

If nobody gets a lotus pond by May 1st, then Nintendo's got some 'splainin to do. XD

Since I have 2 copies of the game, American and Japanese, I'll test both to see if I'll get it from either post office. Might be JP exclusive, so I'll confirm.

10 minutes later...

Okay so on my American copy, I received nothing. And on my Japanese copy, I received a cat tower. Yeah, so... I have no clue about this either.

I don't think it's going to come via downloading it from the post office after reading the information on the website, but rather in-game mail. So we still have a while yet until we'll receive it :) Although if I do get my hands on it, i'm not sure what i'd do with it anyway or rather where i'd put it in my house since it wouldn't really fit the theme. It's a really pretty pool though. I'm looking forward to trying to get taurus bathtub more though.

Yeah Pelly has been shutting me down for months now, so I assume it'll be one of those instances where you start your game and Pete will be outside your door.

God i waiting for this Lotus pond (from Post Office) For a long time now. Can Anyone Send a Im to me the min they get one from the post office or whatever.

I don't think it's going to come via downloading it from the post office after reading the information on the website, but rather in-game mail. So we still have a while yet until we'll receive it :) Although if I do get my hands on it, i'm not sure what i'd do with it anyway or rather where i'd put it in my house since it wouldn't really fit the theme. It's a really pretty pool though. I'm looking forward to trying to get taurus bathtub more though.

I got the taurus bathtub yesterday from the Nintendo zone pm/vm me if you want it.

My heart raced when I heard about the Lotus Pond! I would absolutely love to have this! Eagerly awaiting...

What's a Nintendo Zone?

You're downloading DLC from public places like a bookstore or McDonald's WiFi (or anywhere else that supports Nintendo Zone)

Which is bad for me because I hate taking my 3DS out in public :(

Last edited:
Dose anyone Have the Pound yet? I Am Still trying to get it from the post office.

I haven't gotten the lotus pond yet. I'm thinking Nintendo is going to leave us all in the lurch.

I haven't gotten the lotus pond yet. I'm thinking Nintendo is going to leave us all in the lurch.

Yeah :( They need to be clearer with their information next time. It's frustrating when they have these DLCs but no one even knows how to get them. What's the point? Lol

What exactly is a lotus pond?

Edit: never mind...

Last edited:
Back