• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing Amiibos on Sale?

Wrath Reign

Puddly Puddles
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
I went to my local gamestop earlier this week and they had selectively the Animal Crossing amiibos (not the cards, they have 0 cards and haven't since December... I know because I bought them out and have checked ever since) on sale. This is fine and all, I bought the only three amiibos (Kapp'n, Tom Nook, and Mable) from ACNL I could find besides the main three pack I see (KK Slider, Reese, and Cyrus, it was on sale too but for more than the other three amiibos were combined so go figure...) and all. I'm worried that they're trying to phase out ACNL amiibos and was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

I've also noticed my local walmart doesn't have any of them anymore either, although they used to. But maybe this is all just my area.

I'm being totally serious here - Game Stop in the US is totally phasing out the AC Amiibos. Buy where you can! Check other nearby stores if there are any other stores near you.

Wal-Mart has clearanced Amiibo cards and Happy Home Designer - prices vary a lot by region of the US.

Target has some discounted prices on Amiibos but not the super deals like GameStop but if you have a Target near you you might want to check it out.

Now is a good time to get Amiibo figures for ACNL - who knows if they will ever make more?!

Seems like the stores are trying to get rid of ACNL amiibo figures.

In my area, Asia, they used to sell for $24.90 each. The prices have been sliding slowly but about two months ago, suddenly they are on great offers, 3 for $10.00 :D I grabbed many over the past few weeks and completed my collection :lemon:

I guess the AC amiibo are selling poorly because Amiibo Festival did not do well. I still see like 10 AC amiibo on clearance at Gamestop, Target, and Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, I never see any cards.

Amiibo AC figures have been put on clearance sale in my part of Australia since at least August of last year. The majority of the major chain retailers have either deleted or drastically reduced their stock of them by now, and the few that haven't only have random numbers of random leftover ones available. They can still be found on shelves here if you're determined enough to call multiple stores and visit stores in different locations. But they are absolutely on their way out.

Excellent sales for them can be found, from as low as $3 per figure. I bought my complete collection in August or September last year and paid just over half of the total RRP, thanks to some research beforehand. The prices are even better now, but the randomness of stock supply means I'd have to go to probably 8+ retailers now to get them all, instead of the 4 I went to. And that's assuming that I only went to stores that actually had figures I wanted.

TLDR : If you want these figures, start finding sales for them and buy them ASAP before you can't get them without paying eBay scalpers prices.

I'll have to start calling around to see if I can find anymore. I only have Rover, Mable, Kapp'n, and Tom Nook and I'd really like to have more. It's really unfortunate that they didn't do better though! I hate to see them go.

I went to a Gamestop in Michigan recently and they told me the AC Amiibo cards were discontinued.. And the only Amiibo figures they had that were AC were Mabel and Tom Nook.

Guess I'm just gonna have to get the rest online

I live in Texas, and the Animal Crossing amiibos are on sale here as well at several different stores (GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy, Target). The only store that was more expensive compared to the rest was Toys R Us. I have no idea if they are getting rid of them or not, but if you want to buy them while you can I would just in case. I went and bought all 16 of them because of this.

Also, if any of you are having trouble finding amiibos, I would suggest going to Toys R Us. When I was collecting my series, I had trouble finding a lot of them but when I went to my Toys R Us they had literally tons of amiibos as well as cards. An entire wall full of the amiibos, and a big rack of cards. They're a little more expensive, but if you're really looking for some ones you can't find anywhere else, it's worth it.

Yeah they've all been on sale for the longest time. Lucky me I finally managed to grab all the figurines with majority of them being on sale. If you want a suggestion on what to do I recommend trying GameStop's or Amazon's online store because the sales are on there as well and it's a easy way to grab any of the ones you might be missing.

I was pretty sure they are phasing them out so I went out and bought what I could. I'm missing a couple but I love the ones I have now. Though, I could not find any of the packs in store ('cept at good old Toysrus :D) so I had to get most of my cards from trading and eBay. Super glad my collection is pretty much done. It's a shame that cards/figures are getting scarce. Hopefully I'm wrong though, maybe they aren't phasing them out. Though, at Gamestop, the Welcome Amiibo cards were there for like a couple weeks before I couldn't find anymore. Hmm...

I just went looking at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and GameStop for Amiibos to get my son for his birthday. They only had like 3 crappy Amiibos at every store. They had an equal amount of ACNL and other Amiibos, but the selection is so bad. Then on Amazon I checked out ordering Link (he was $15) and the next day I checked he was $60!!! I give up

None of these places have ever had the cards. My area is just awful.

Last edited:
Back