• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite flower combos?

StarrySkye3

Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My Melody Easter Egg
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
I know this has been asked before but I wanted some new input. What are your favorite flower combinations, or do you just like scattered flowers? I have a TON of flowers and I decided to put them down on the beach sorted by type, but I'm completely overwhelmed with how to put them all back. I have pink, white, purple & blue flowers of all types.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and also, do you line your paths with flowers or do you put them elsewhere? DA's are welcome, and long as it's a pathed town with hybrids!

my favorite flower combination is probably pink and white (x2), but with white carnations and white pansies, the latter of which looks more purple, so it might count as pink, white and purple instead? so yeah, i like mixing up white carnations, white pansies, and pink cosmos :) also, rather than sticking with that exact combination, i also like switching up the white carnations and pink cosmos with white cosmos and pink carnations, but i tend to stick with those three breeds.

my DA is in my sig if you're interested. it's pathed and has hybrids with more combinations than the ones i've mentioned.

I have pink and yellow cosmos on the beach - saw that combination in someone's town and liked it. I also like white and purple roses together.

I like pink cosmos + yellow tulips, orange lilies + black cosmos and purple tulips + orange roses. :D

IMG_0137.jpgthis is what i've got goin on :lemon:

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Pink and blue roses are my favourite. I really need to get back into this game, 'cause I miss the aesthetics.

I would like to combine Purple with White flowers. :)

I also would like to combine White and Blue flowers.

I like black/gold roses combo the best, I arranged some around my house which is also gold.

Thank you all for your ideas! I'm trying not to think much of it but there are sooo many flowers to place so I want to do it right the first time haha. But I'm sure it will take some experimenting before I am happy with it!

I like the dark flowers like purple, blue, and black. I am currently trying to add some more blue flowers around my house. My DA is in my profile if you would like to see it. I kind of have flowers everywhere and I am still experimenting with them though. If you go over the bridge to the right of my mayor's house I made a pumpkin out of orange and black hybrids. It is fun to try to make pictures, but they take a lot of space. I also have the heartless logo in roses near Retail, but that one is harder to make out.

my favorite flower combination is probably pink and white (x2), but with white carnations and white pansies, the latter of which looks more purple, so it might count as pink, white and purple instead? so yeah, i like mixing up white carnations, white pansies, and pink cosmos :) also, rather than sticking with that exact combination, i also like switching up the white carnations and pink cosmos with white cosmos and pink carnations, but i tend to stick with those three breeds.

my DA is in my sig if you're interested. it's pathed and has hybrids with more combinations than the ones i've mentioned.

Oh yes I am a big fan of your town! I absolutely love the fairytale and zen areas with bits of forest. :) It's all really pretty. My favorite part of the zen garden at the top of the peninsula, you hear the waterfall and it's so relaxing. Although the last time I visited, I had to put the game down, so by the time I came back to it it was dark. I'll have to visit again and check out the flower combos you have and be able to see everything better. Thanks for the advice!

View attachment 197908this is what i've got goin on :lemon:

Very cute town! Thank you for the pictures. I like the forest vibe you have going. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like the dark flowers like purple, blue, and black. I am currently trying to add some more blue flowers around my house. My DA is in my profile if you would like to see it. I kind of have flowers everywhere and I am still experimenting with them though. If you go over the bridge to the right of my mayor's house I made a pumpkin out of orange and black hybrids. It is fun to try to make pictures, but they take a lot of space. I also have the heartless logo in roses near Retail, but that one is harder to make out.

That sounds awesome! I am about to head to the dream suite now so I will come visit. :) I agree that making pictures take a lot of space but it is definitely cool if you have the room for it!

Blue roses + White carnations go very well together.

HNI_0071.JPG

Here is a nice demonstration!

Sapphire is made entirely of the blue flower, gold roses, and white flowers (expect for white violets, they're kinda purplish). It's in my DA if you wanna see it, but forgive me for all of the nonwhite, blue, and gold flowers, they don't belong there! And to answer your second question, mine line the paths, but they also cover nearly everything else in extended patterns!

Pink,red and white roses surround my house- I like them that way.

-Pink Carnations + Purple Pansies
-Pink Lilies + Purple Pansies
-Red Tulips + Orange Pansies
-Orange Tulips + Purple Pansies + Pink Cosmos
-Orange Tulips + Yellow Cosmos/Or Yellow Tulips + Orange Cosmos
-Pink and purple hybrids mixed in with white lilies or Jacobs Ladders

Last edited:
My favorite colors to put together are pink and blue. Sometimes with purple and white thrown in. Also I tend to like all the same type of flower together except at the entrance to my town where I have several types mixed. You're welcome to visit my da if you like.

I really love cosmos and carnations together. My ultimate fav being black cosmos and red carnations, and white cosmos and white carnations. SO pretty c:

My favourite flower combo at the moment are checkerboard yellow and pink cosmos. I used to absolutely hate cosmos, but i've found the combo actually works really nicely and makes the PWPs that are white stand out more, I've surrounded my tokyo tower with them and I really like it. Pink cosmos are extremely hard to breed though.

Oh yes I am a big fan of your town! I absolutely love the fairytale and zen areas with bits of forest. :) It's all really pretty. My favorite part of the zen garden at the top of the peninsula, you hear the waterfall and it's so relaxing. Although the last time I visited, I had to put the game down, so by the time I came back to it it was dark. I'll have to visit again and check out the flower combos you have and be able to see everything better. Thanks for the advice!

Oh wow thank you!! I wasn't sure if you had visited or not, but I'm really happy to hear your lovely feedback and to know that you enjoyed it so much :) I'm probably a little boring because I tend to gravitate towards white and pink a lot. But now that I think about it, I also really enjoy orange and black together, especially if it's an autumn town.

Back