What national or global issue matters most to you right now?

If I were a farmer and breed any chickens that practically have no use, I would put them up for adoption so others can raise them as their pets. There are people who have pet chickens you know.

Not enough to keep up with the chicken population that is born which would be part of the problem of doing that.

Not enough to keep up with the chicken population that is born which would be part of the problem of doing that.

People still need to stop throwing chicks into the grinder. We may need meat to eat, but the unethical treatment towards animals, no matter how much meat we're getting out of them, must stop.

We actually don't need meat to eat, but that's beside the point.

The whole "animal population control" argument is invalid as well. By stopping eating meat, we're actually reducing the amount of animals anyway, because animals are bred for our consumption. Stop eating meat, and those animals do not need to be bred.

As for more natural methods such as hunting, I'd like to take a few paragraphs from the Free From Harm website:

“Hunters sometimes argue that if they were to stop hunting, the deer population would explode. This is a false argument, because if hunting were to stop, we would also stop the practices that increase the deer population. State wildlife management agencies artificially boost the deer population in order to increase recreational hunting opportunities for hunters. By clearcutting forests, planting deer-preferred plants and requiring tenant farmers to leave a certain amount of their crops unharvested in order to feed the deer, the agencies are creating the edge habitat that is preferred by deer and also feeding the deer. If we stop hunting, we would also stop these tactics that increase the deer population.

If we stopped hunting, we would also stop breeding animals in captivity for hunters. Many nonhunters are unaware of state and private programs that breed quail, partridges and pheasants in captivity, for the purpose of releasing them in the wild, to be hunted.”

And in Scientific Arguments Against Hunting, Lin writes,

“Big 'game' animals like the white-tailed deer and black bears rarely exceed their biological carrying capacity – the maximum number of individuals the ecosystem will support without threatening other species. If they exceed that number, a lack of food will kill the weakest individuals, and will also cause the pregnant females to resorb embryos and have fewer offspring. The strongest will survive and the population will become healthier.

Unlike nature, hunters select the small and the weak to survive — reverse evolution. Instead of targeting the young, old, or sick individuals, hunters kill the largest, strongest males. Because hunters prefer large males with big horns, bighorn sheep in Alberta, Canada are now smaller, with smaller horns, compared to thirty years ago. And because hunters prefer to kill elephants with tusks, the African and Asian elephants that have a genetic mutation that leaves them tuskless are now dominating those populations.”

The more you know.

I mean there's nothing wrong with eating cage free chicken and eggs, or meat from a local butcher shop. Eating animals isn't wrong but animal cruelty obviously is.

Here in Ireland, we currently have some of the tightest abortion laws in all of Europe, with it being illegal to carry out an abortion unless a woman's life is endangered by the continuation of her pregnancy. This is largely due to the hold that the Catholic Church has always had on the country, and the attitude that it's impressed upon many a generation. Hell, condoms were illegal here until the early 80s, and even then they required a doctor's prescription for the first few years. Although there have always been people calling for the legalisation of abortion (or at the very least, for looser laws) it's really only been over the last couple of years that large abortion rights campaigns have formed, held marches and protests, as well as appeared on televised debates, promoted the message through social media, etc...

The government recently organised a Citizen's Assembly for the purpose of presenting a group of 99 "randomly selected" citizens with the facts surrounding abortion, and then polling them on whether or not they believe the abortion laws should be kept as they are, reformed, or done away with completely. In the end, 87% of those polled recommended against keeping our abortion laws as they currently are, with 64% suggesting that the termination of pregnancy without restriction should be lawful. Despite this overwhelming (and quite surprising, given Ireland's track record) result, the government have yet to announce any plans for a referendum on the country's abortion laws. In fact, it's been announced that the new €300 million state-funded National Maternity Hospital is going to be under the ownership of the Sisters of Charity, a religious congregation that will undoubtedly use their faith as an excuse not to carry out IVF, birth control operations and, of course, abortion should it be legalised.

So uhh yeah, you could say I'm a bit irked by that!

Not all racists are Trump supporters but all Trump supporters are racist.

Weird how that works.

And before you say "no they're not" I'mma clap back by saying that if you vote for the man who blames "Chyna" and "bad hombres" for all our problems, then you are in fact racist.

this is just plain wrong lmao

mine is: How some people say and believe crap about the LGBGTIA community and their "lifestyles", I'm not in the community, but some of the stuff that happens is horrendous.

People should be able to live how they want, period.

Last edited:
Obamacare repeal bill passed in the house. But it still has yet to pass in the senate.

Honestly, healthcare should be affordable, but must all be on the capitalistic sector. One reason why I was against Obamacare in the first place is because I think healthcare should be capitalistic and not socialized. The replacement plan the GOP was trying to pass is still letting socialized medicine stay in America. I don't think socialized medicine should even be here. Government funding and some government regulations on healthcare is fine, but government management of healthcare is not fine.

To the House and Senate GOP: Do you really want a capitalistic healthcare system, or do you just want Obamacare gone?

Obamacare repeal bill passed in the house. But it still has yet to pass in the senate.

Honestly, healthcare should be affordable, but must all be on the capitalistic sector. One reason why I was against Obamacare in the first place is because I think healthcare should be capitalistic and not socialized. The replacement plan the GOP was trying to pass is still letting socialized medicine stay in America. I don't think socialized medicine should even be here. Government funding and some government regulations on healthcare is fine, but government management of healthcare is not fine.

To the House and Senate GOP: Do you really want a capitalistic healthcare system, or do you just want Obamacare gone?

I cannot disagree with you more.

People's health should not be a business.

Putting profit ahead of saving lives is beyond unconscionable--it is flat out, unequivocally evil.

Capitalism as a whole, reproductive rights, mental health and LGBT+ issues, mainly.

Back