• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are your favorite skincare products?

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
This is a weird place to look for skin care product recommendations, but nevertheless:
what do you guys like?

I have pretty bad acne scars that are slowly getting better. The problem is staying breakout free. I'm particularly interested in moisturizers and face masks.

Last edited:
Aww glad they are starting to get better.~
My acne is starting to act up. I'm trying Neutrogena Deep Clean, hopefully it works.

CeraVe facewash is what my dermatologist recommended to me, along with CeraVe moisturizer.. i don't use the moisturizer much anymore because if you go for a walk it will make your face sweat, it's really weird. The facewash is nice tho. CeraVe also has really nice make-up remover wipes.

wow this sounds like an ad for CeraVe products, sorry i dont use a variety of skincare stuff lmao. im 23 though and i still struggle with acne and acne scars, it sucks

CeraVe facewash is what my dermatologist recommended to me, along with CeraVe moisturizer.. i don't use the moisturizer much anymore because if you go for a walk it will make your face sweat, it's really weird. The facewash is nice tho. CeraVe also has really nice make-up remover wipes.

wow this sounds like an ad for CeraVe products, sorry i dont use a variety of skincare stuff lmao. im 23 though and i still struggle with acne and acne scars, it sucks

Haha, well, if the Deep Clean I'm using doesn't work, I'll take a look at this :)

!!!

I thought it was just me. I used the CeraVe AM moisturizer with sunscreen and within like 15 minutes, my face was sooooo oily I had to wash my face just to get it off. I've never used it since. :(

I really like Lush's "Mask of Magnaminty", it's a really nice face mask. I think it says to use it like 3 times a week? But I use it nightly & my skin is so soft. I had really bad acne scars and I'm not sure that this really did much for those, but it definitely did help calm my skin so I didn't break out as often.

The only skincare combo I've found that works for me (pale, dry, fairly sensitive skin) is Burt's Bees orange essence cleanser, which I slather on during my daily shower + pure, unrefined shea butter as a moisturizer. I used to use it daily, but my hormones are more wonky now so most of it just seems to stay on my skin (making it look oily), which is why I've switched to every-other-day or so instead.

I'm not a big fan of the chemical stuff on my face (I have terrible back acne, but my face is fine), but it keeps the smaller pimples away and makes me feel fresh and clean, so oh well. If it works, it works.

The only skincare combo I've found that works for me (pale, dry, fairly sensitive skin) is Burt's Bees orange essence cleanser, which I slather on during my daily shower + pure, unrefined shea butter as a moisturizer. I used to use it daily, but my hormones are more wonky now so most of it just seems to stay on my skin (making it look oily), which is why I've switched to every-other-day or so instead.

I'm not a big fan of the chemical stuff on my face (I have terrible back acne, but my face is fine), but it keeps the smaller pimples away and makes me feel fresh and clean, so oh well. If it works, it works.

Oh Burt's bees orange essence sounds heavenly.

i only have reddish skin around my face and a little acne which is annoying because its so uneven. i use the aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser which i haven't noticed much of a difference in my skin since using which is disappointing. i had pretty bad acne as a kid but charcoal soap really helped with that. now its just getting a more even skin tone, then i'd be happy. why couldn't i get cool irish genes like red hair instead of red skin. if anyone knows anything that gets rid of redness tho hmu

cetaphil face wash and these green tea face mask sheets from some asian store that idk the name of. they work extremely well (everytime i try them my face gets noticeably better.) its like 6 bucks for one sheet at sephora but u get a whole pack of them for like 4 where i shop. it feels really weird on ur face but u just gotta get used to it

i only have reddish skin around my face and a little acne which is annoying because its so uneven. i use the aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser which i haven't noticed much of a difference in my skin since using which is disappointing. i had pretty bad acne as a kid but charcoal soap really helped with that. now its just getting a more even skin tone, then i'd be happy. why couldn't i get cool irish genes like red hair instead of red skin. if anyone knows anything that gets rid of redness tho hmu

I don't know if this specifically is to thank for it, but I use colloidial silver soap and my redness has been going down significantly . Like I said though; there are other factors for me so take it with a grain of salt. It's still a good soap though, balances the ph in your skin and when I use it makes my skin brighter.

I'm not sure about acne scars, but I've found that the Himalayan charcoal mask from The Body Shop really helps to keep my skin tone even and smooth, even for a few days after I use it. A lot of products with charcoal in have helped me when I get breakouts, but that's just speaking from my own personal experience. I remember my cousin telling me that Bio Oil worked well for their acne scars, but I would personally be reluctant to put oil on my face with acne-prone skin, but just thought I'd mention it!

I hope you find something that works, I know from experience how badly skin troubles can get you down. :(

Honestly I don't really use any in particular or any skincare products that much in general, since I'm blessed with clear skin for the most part but I do use quite a few skincare products for blackheads, just not anything specific though.

Last edited:
Oh you know what I just remembered something I tried a few years ago for my acne. Some lady recommended African Black Soap to me. It's a weird looking soap bar because it's black but it smells nice. Didn't make much of a difference for me but if you're in to the whole natural/organic stuff then there you go

I don't really use a lot of products on my face. I'm still looking for facial moisturizer and a cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin. I have sensitive, dry skin. I use Aquaphor to remove my eyeliner because most makeup removers break me out. It does a good job at removing it, but it leaves me feeling greasy. I use Cocacare's Cocoa Butter Cream on my eczema patches. Unlike most moisturizers I've used, it's thick and it sinks right in(good thing). On top of that, it has a really nice scent. I don't recommend using this stuff on your face, since cocoa butter breaks most people out. It also has a touch of fragrance. It's only one of the last two ingredients but still

What I've tried in the past:
>Cetaphil gentle cleanser - My skin felt a little stripped after using it
>Simple's moisturizing cleanser - Same thing Cetaphil did
>Simple's miceller water - irritated my skin a little bit
>Garnier micellar water (pink) - my face felt like it was on fire after 10 minutes after using this

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I might be sensitive to SLS, because the only cleanser I've had luck with is CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser(a foam-free cleanser). It's the only cleanser I've tried that didn't leave my skin feeling dry or irritated. I'm still testing it out. I've only started using it a couple days ago.

!!!

I thought it was just me. I used the CeraVe AM moisturizer with sunscreen and within like 15 minutes, my face was sooooo oily I had to wash my face just to get it off. I've never used it since. :(

I really like Lush's "Mask of Magnaminty", it's a really nice face mask. I think it says to use it like 3 times a week? But I use it nightly & my skin is so soft. I had really bad acne scars and I'm not sure that this really did much for those, but it definitely did help calm my skin so I didn't break out as often.

Be careful trying out Lush's products. From what I've heard, their products contain a lot of irritating ingredients. Always patch test skincare products before you put it in your face. Oh, and make sure you put on sunscreen every day. Sun exposure can make your acne scars darker. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I use Murad Blemish Control kit. I used the use the Pomegranate exfoliant but it made my skin dry up and break out terribly. This one seems to be working really well and the moisturiser doesn't make my skin feel weird which they usually do. It's probably not the cheapest on the market but it's really good for my skin. :)

Last edited:
Just got this Clean and Clear Acne Control Moisturizer because I get small sections of acne and have dryer skin in other places and since it was oil free I figured it could target both problems at once. I makes my skin really soft so I love it so far, but then it makes me want to touch my face more which will effectively give me MORE acne, but it's just... so soft.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Be careful trying out Lush's products. From what I've heard, their products contain a lot of irritating ingredients. Always patch test skincare products before you put it in your face. Oh, and make sure you put on sunscreen every day. Sun exposure can make your acne scars darker. Hope that helps!
^This, especially having salt scrubs for faces is not v good, it can cause micro-tears in your skin which are no bueno, salt scrubs are great for thicker areas of skin but on your fragile thin face skin it's not a good idea.

I pretty much only use face wash and chapsticks, but yeah as for face cleanser I have this Bioderma soap thing for my acne and it helps real good.

Burt's Bees are my bros for chapsticks though, they are amazing.

Last edited:
I don't really use a lot of products on my face. I'm still looking for facial moisturizer and a cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin. I have sensitive, dry skin. I use Aquaphor to remove my eyeliner because most makeup removers break me out. It does a good job at removing it, but it leaves me feeling greasy. I use Cocacare's Cocoa Butter Cream on my eczema patches. Unlike most moisturizers I've used, it's thick and it sinks right in(good thing). On top of that, it has a really nice scent. I don't recommend using this stuff on your face, since cocoa butter breaks most people out. It also has a touch of fragrance. It's only one of the last two ingredients but still

What I've tried in the past:
>Cetaphil gentle cleanser - My skin felt a little stripped after using it
>Simple's moisturizing cleanser - Same thing Cetaphil did
>Simple's miceller water - irritated my skin a little bit
>Garnier micellar water (pink) - my face felt like it was on fire after 10 minutes after using this

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I might be sensitive to SLS, because the only cleanser I've had luck with is CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser(a foam-free cleanser). It's the only cleanser I've tried that didn't leave my skin feeling dry or irritated. I'm still testing it out. I've only started using it a couple days ago.

Forgot to mention I also tried one of Cetaphil's moisturizers. It broke me out a little bit. It could have been because it's expired.

I use Murad Blemish Control kit. I used the use the Pomegranate exfoliant but it made my skin dry up and break out terribly. This one seems to be working really well and the moisturiser doesn't make my skin feel weird which they usually do. It's probably not the cheapest on the market but it's really good for my skin. :)

Did it have a gritty texture? if so, you really shouldn't use anything like that on your face

Just got this Clean and Clear Acne Control Moisturizer because I get small sections of acne and have dryer skin in other places and since it was oil free I figured it could target both problems at once. I makes my skin really soft so I love it so far, but then it makes me want to touch my face more which will effectively give me MORE acne, but it's just... so soft.
I feel the same way with my cleanser. It sort of acts like a moisturizer in a way. I can't help but touch my face after I use it. I know I really shouldn't, especially since I'm still testing it out.

I am absolutely obsessed with anything from Clarins - it can be fairly pricey but it's totally worth it... It all stared with a few samples.
Their Blue Orchid Oil is amazing, it's so gentle on the skin and super hydrating! As is their Beauty Flash Balm - instantly radiates my skin and makes me look super refreshed in the mornings, I would definitely recommend ^.^

Back