What are your favorite skincare products?

I've never had bad acne, but that means that whenever I do get a pimple (and I've only gotten 8 in my life, which is impressive especially since I mostly just use water), I don't know how to handle them. Enter: Cosrx's pimple patches. Let me tell you, countless countless friends have told me that Cosrx is THE brand if you want to treat your acne, and when I got one of my rare pimples, I bought a package of pimple patches, applied one, and boom! The next morning my skin was clear again.

TLDR: The best brand for treating acne and getting glowy skin is Cosrx! ;) Good luck!!!!

I have the world's most sensitive skin so I can pretty much only use things that have no fragrance, no dyes, only hypoallergenic ingredients (although I sometimes still have reactions so the word doesn't mean much to me anymore), and no sunscreen of any sort in it, unless it's from beeswax. So I use cetaphil face wash, and no moisturizer currently.

I only use CeraVe products on my face. I use the face wash, lotion, sunscreen and the heavier cream for the winter. I've also used the salicylic acid cream for really rough, dry skin. I also mix a prescription retinoid in with my moisturizer at night for acne. Honestly my skin still sucks, but it's probably the best it's been since I got acne.

Freeman's charcoal and black sugar polishing scrub. It's a mask and a scrub in one. You put it on (it says for 9 minutes I think, but I usually leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour) and then you scrub it around before you take it off. I've had really bad adult acne before using this stuff. It pretty much dissolves everything in your pores and really softens up the scars so they flake off. Every time I use it my pimples and scars look way less red instantly. It's safe to use as often as you want too. And even with how long I put it on for, it doesn't dry out my skin at all, it leaves it nice, soft, and smooth every time. I will never not rave about it.

Oh, and a large tube of this stuff is roughly about $3.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm the same way. I can't even use cetaphil or micellar water on my skin. I've really been meaning to try oil cleansing. Sadly, things like jojoba oil and argan oil are a bit tricky to find in my area. By the way, don't use an oil to get your eye makeup off. I know someone that used to use baby oil(basically mineral oil with fragrance) to get her makeup off. One day a little bit got into her eye. She bruised her eye trying to get it out and ended up in the hospital.

Coconut oil is really great for removing eye makeup.

Last edited:
YO CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND SOME VEGAN & CRUELTY FREE ACNE TREATMENTS. MY ACNE IS GOING ARMAGEDDON AGAINST MY SKIN. IT'S A MINEFIELD. THANK U

maybe something cheap, maybe cheaper than proactiv+ because i cant even afford proactiv+, but still works & isn't tested on helpless animals ty ty

I'm in love with ultrabland from lush - it's a cleanser that's great for sensitive/dry skin (I have both)
the main ingredients are almond oil, rosewater, and beeswax - really basic. but it does a super good job of taking off makeup !
i'm not sure that it would do wonders to clear up acne, but it definitely wouldn't irritate it

i love skinfood masks, especially the rice and black sugar ones! my favorite sunscreen is innisfree's triple care uv cream

I use complex 15 as my moisturizer. It works really well at giving my face moisture but preventing pimples.

I prefer to use the body shop skincare and body products because they're cruelty free and made from natural ingredients!

YO CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND SOME VEGAN & CRUELTY FREE ACNE TREATMENTS. MY ACNE IS GOING ARMAGEDDON AGAINST MY SKIN. IT'S A MINEFIELD. THANK U

maybe something cheap, maybe cheaper than proactiv+ because i cant even afford proactiv+, but still works & isn't tested on helpless animals ty ty

Try the body shop tea tree products! They don't work for everyone but it made a massive difference in my skin. :) They're also cruelty free and I think the tea tree products are vegan

Last edited:

You're not missing out on anything with Proactiv. The majority of people who've used it said either it didn't work at all even after months of use while others have said that it worked for a bit and then made their skin worse. I don't really know any cheap acne cures, let alone vegan ones. Tea tree oil may help but be careful and never use a full solution on your face! Dilute it with other oils. My brother used the cleanser from Trader Joes and said it helped him a lot but he only had a couple spots here and there to begin with. You could try an apple cider vinegar toner, diluted with water and you might want to look into Aztec Healing Clay. Some people have had good results with it but I don't know if it's vegan or if it hasn't been tested on animals. Salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, Isotretinoin and certain forms of the pill are clinically proven to reduce or get rid of acne but each has varying results, costs and the last one you may not even be able to take. I use the salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide that Paula's Choice makes and it's not tested on animals but it's 4 times more expensive than the kind you could get at your local drugstore. They take care not to use any ingredients that could irritate the skin like fragrances.

This is kind of unconventional advice, but you should also try sunscreen/avoiding the sun. The sun does so much damage to your skin and it could affect it in ways that you aren't aware of. I'm not sure which sunscreens are vegan but I'm sure there are some out there, although they might be pricey. You could try wearing hats or just staying in shadows or using your hand to cover your face when you're outside.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! It's really hard finding effective, cheap AND vegan acne cures.

Last edited:
OK recent obsession is the Cosrx all in one snail 92 cream
It makes my skin glow
I used to be super peely but this stuff changed that completely

For acne, I actually only use lemon juice to get rid of them! I'm not the kind to break out often, but when I do have a pimple, lemon juice'll make it sting for awhile, but it'll dry out the next day
I also like Lush's tea tree toner. It makes my face all glowy and helps get rid of acne scars.

Back