I don't like event days

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
They get in the way of my mayoring. Like today is Nature Day in my game, so instead of letting me set up an ordinance and starting on my PwPs, Isabelle is not doing the job I hired her to do (I didn't hire her) she is out hanging around in the plaza. I was forced into being mayor and now Nature Day is in the way.

A tip: Don't restart close to a scheduled event day otherwise you'll be stuck.

Haha, yeah I know how you feel. If you aren't too against it, you could always TT back to yesterday just so set up the ordinance.

I'm not against TT, I just worried that I'll mess something if I did TT. The one time I tt, it ruined my town.

Sage advice from Duzzel. Why not take a day off and go to the island and get rich on beetles and fish? Tomorrow will come.

I would but I won't have access to the island until Monday. So I spent a few hours today laying down a few paths planted two trees and did my normal fossil digging, clothes and furniture buying, sent a few letters, and stalked Tutu again then turned the game off.

I agree.

I wanted to knock down a bridge today, but I can't because my secretary is standing around at the plaza.

I know right! I want to build my campsite already! As the unwilling mayor, we should have a say in these events that go all day!

- - - Post Merge - - -

True, at least we get prizes

Ikr? Isabelle seems to have more power than you, The Mayor :p

Ain't that the truth? Seems like I run into a "special" day when inspiration for a project strikes.

It never fails. Ha, I always wind up writing it down so I don't forget.

Another agreement here! Yeah, the globe is "cool" and it looks great on the mantel of the fireplace in the mayor's library/office. But... she didn't get to do another PWP today, and the villagers are not happy with that! No perfect town rating for her yet! :(

I've always, always hated event days. Especially when I first started out and refused to time travel. Ugh, just let me do my job as mayor dangit. Feels like Isabelle is more like the boss than the mayor is sometimes

I also hate how we don't get all the cool items that other regions get!! Like the Bamboo Grass item for example

I understand they do these to make the game more 'realistic' I guess is the word, but as Mayor, don't we get a say? There is no reason these events need to last all day. As Mayor, we have a town to run. There's a standee right there in the plaza, take a picture. And you get a prize. Then what?

I'm just very impatient......

Like people said, Isabelle has more power than we do. And why do we have to talk to her over the counter? She should be talking to us over the counter.

Last edited:
I feel you.. I decided to restart my game, now I'm stuck waiting for Nature Day to end so that I can actually get stuff done. (I want to try the "purist" route and not time travel... but we'll see how long that lasts)

Normally I don't mind event days, but in this case, it sucks.

I agree.

I wanted to knock down a bridge today, but I can't because my secretary is standing around at the plaza.

I have the reverse problem. I just knocked down a bridge and need to rebuild it as a suspension bridge, but my secretary has decided NOW is the time to have people pose behind a cardboard cutout.

I also don't like them because it gets in the way of me moving out villagers bc they won't ping you about moving out and won't give you rumors/tell you if someone is thinking of moving out...

Last edited:
You can't even get a villager from and RV in your town on a holiday because Isabelle won't let them.

Event days I've come to dread. There's so much you can't do and usually you have big urban planning on those days.

Imagine tho if the game forced your mayor to appear at the event - just like the real world!

You have to make a public appearance or the town folk will think you're not doing your job - even tho you are! You're building bridges and PWPs but if you don't show up for Bunny Day you'll be called a lazy mayor!

They get in the way of my mayoring. Like today is Nature Day in my game, so instead of letting me set up an ordinance and starting on my PwPs, Isabelle is not doing the job I hired her to do (I didn't hire her) she is out hanging around in the plaza. I was forced into being mayor and now Nature Day is in the way.

A tip: Don't restart close to a scheduled event day otherwise you'll be stuck.

I agree, not having access to the desk in the town hall is a huge let down when it comes to event days. I always have to time travel to the following day if I ever want to build a new PWP because I have very little patience. I'm the mayor of this town, surely I can do whatever I want!

Back