• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Letters...

hoodathotit

Peach 🍑
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Mystery New Balloon Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Cake
All village varmints love to get letters and have to share them with Mayors and secondary,etc, inhabitants. It's nice that they're thrilled with such a simple thing as a short note or just a hello. This morning, the Mayor of Rat Hole was accosted by an ecstatic Butch about a letter he received from Rat Hole's secondary citizen, DazieMay. Butch raved on about how happy it made him and how it renewed his faith in people and went off whistling a happy tune. The letter was a response to an incident where Butch asked DazieMay to get him something (can't remember what) DM did her best and took a while but, the offered gift was peremptorily rejected by an offended Butch. He very snappily ordered DM to run and get him something better (haven't we all been through this?). The letter was posted soon after that and, believe it, it was not something that would make any varmint happy. Only the articles and conjunctions could get past any reasonable censor. A pre-update ACNL would've rejected nearly every word. The only way I can see Butch being glad to get that letter is if he is totally illiterate. Well, it wasn't a big deal but I sure felt good mailing that letter.

Lol! I bet you write lots of... colourful.. letters to your varmints, the poor dears. I do find it to be a shame that they are always happy with any letters they get. I got Cheri from a void a long time ago and she kept showing me her "favourite letter" from her previous mayor. It said, "hi" ... So it just seemed that Cheri was lonely and was desperate for any affection or attention, no matter how small. It's kind of sad, really. I'd love a feature where if you mailed them a letter that was terrible, they'd be able to crumple it up and throw it at your face. ^_^

Lol! I bet you write lots of... colourful.. letters to your varmints, the poor dears. I do find it to be a shame that they are always happy with any letters they get. I got Cheri from a void a long time ago and she kept showing me her "favourite letter" from her previous mayor. It said, "hi" ... So it just seemed that Cheri was lonely and was desperate for any affection or attention, no matter how small. It's kind of sad, really. I'd love a feature where if you mailed them a letter that was terrible, they'd be able to crumple it up and throw it at your face. ^_^

That letter is actually the only one of its kind. Butch just struck a nerve at the wrong time when DazieMay really tried to get him the perfect item. She raked him over the coals with, actually, very little profanity. The English language is marvelously flexible and diverse and one can get her/his point across in a way that the recipient may not realize he/she is being insulted.

Last edited:
That letter is actually the only one of its kind. Butch just struck a nerve at the wrong time when DazieMay really tried to get him the perfect item. She raked him over the coals with, actually, very little profanity. The English language is marvelously flexible and diverse and one can get her/his point across in a way that the recipient may not realize he/she is being insulted.

Ain't it the truth! I just wish I were better at it! In our family we use movie lines frequently. Ever heard this one? "You obtuse piece of flotsam!" (Star Trek) Now how many people would know what those words mean? (We had to look them up, too, years ago.)

Too bad you can't post that letter. That could be another feature Nintendo could add...carbon copies of the letters we send to villagers. Huh?

Ain't it the truth! I just wish I were better at it! In our family we use movie lines frequently. Ever heard this one? "You obtuse piece of flotsam!" (Star Trek) Now how many people would know what those words mean? (We had to look them up, too, years ago.)

Too bad you can't post that letter. That could be another feature Nintendo could add...carbon copies of the letters we send to villagers. Huh?

I am only somewhat familiar with Star Trek (HUGE fan of The Big Bang Theory,though) but I could picture McCoy saying that to Harry Mudd!

Back