• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager Fashion Trends...

Gruntilda

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Have you noticed that sometimes when a villager changes their shirt (it might be one you sent them in the mail) that another villager will be wearing the same shirt not too long after? I have also noticed that sometimes a number of them wear the same on display design from Able's too. Kind of like they like to copy each other lol.

Yeah, I saw this happen this week. Lucky was wearing that horrible green top with the yellow bird and gave one to Drake who now also wears it. I may have words with Isabelle. ;)

Villagers seem to like to follow trends. I remember having Molly in my town and she persuaded Zucker, Felyne and Lolly to wear the canary shirt.

I usually try to make sure I have some shirt designs I like in my Able Sisters now - there were times when all my villagers were wearing the ducky shirt, or the plain white one, which I hated!
Sure, you can send them clothing you think they might like & sometimes they'll change into it, but you always run the risk of them filling their house with the shirt and not changing into it...
Sometimes it can be cute, if they all change into a design you like - it's kinda like a little gang - but yeah!

Oh right, you can prevent them from changing into the Able Sisters designs if you just put up some umbrellas/hats. But that still doesn't stop them from changing into clothes other villagers give/persuade them to put on.

Yeah, this happens when you stay in one area (landscaping) or just being idle a few distance away from where your villagers are. There's a possibility that they'd go near and interact with each other, hence the possibility of changing clothes. It doesn't happen when you have visitors or every time the gate is open.

WzxpP6y.jpg

jmCsbAi.jpg

izMLFKZ.jpg
I gave Octavian an HHA jacket for his birthday then he passed it on to Marina who passed it on to Charlise who then passed it on to Nan.I wish Octavian and Marina were still wearing that jacket.They looked like one of those married couples that sell real estate.

In my town Moonview, Fuchsia and Lobo's default shirts are being passed around.

At least it's not the sundae tee (aka the ugly tee in the older games) that passed around Vista a few years ago...

Last edited:
most of my villagers are wearing my path pattern. I reeaallly need to take it down.

Those are great screenshots nunnafinga! How funny! I will have to try passing around my extra HHA jacket because that is hysterical!

Right now Cashmere is one of my townies and I always get a kick out of seeing how funny shirts look on her. I guess the sheep wear tham like scarves.

I have a Team Magma shirt design in retail that a couple of my villagers are currently wearing. Watch out for the Pok?mon thieves! lol

Yup, in my old town I had almost everyone wearing Genji's shirt. It got on my nerves so bad that I timeskipped and changed a couple of their shirts, using the mail system. I hate it when my villagers change their shirts, especially to a shirt that i'm not particularly fond of.

p8HCZAw.jpg
Here's a screenshot from my other town,Bam!.This time I gave Curly a denim vest for his birthday and it spread like a virus.

o'hare is spreading the blue hawaiian shirt joy around my town
thanks pal

This is one of the things I hate most about ACNL.. if a villager somehow gets their "hands" on an ugly shirt, before you know it everyone in the village will be wearing that ugly shirt. And it's so hard to change that.

Just let me dictate what everyone wears dammit

I think its kind of cute, and kind of mimics real life. We see something we like on something else and go out and buy the same or a similar thing :p

Its only cute if the outfit is cute....unlike Rhonda spreading her moldy shirt onto Punchy AND Big Top.

No thank you.

I've just noticed yet another villager wearing that horrible yellow canary shirt. Only my girl Kiki has the good taste to wear my pro design.

I'm complaining to Isabelle and posting everyone a new shirt!

In my old town, Kidd spread the mummy shirt to almost everyone, along with Kabuki's default catchphrase "me-oooOH" (or something like that), so I had a town full of moaning mummy villagers. It got waaaaaay out of hand that I had to reset.

Yep! I have about three or four villagers wearing the same shirt right now. It's kinda cute they follow each other's trends.

Yuka decided to work hard at making my Happi tee trend. Not one month into her stay in Nentown, I was asked to deliver something to Yuka. I bring it to her, and she instantly puts on said contents.
WVW69jRzKuo3ke42DI

She then proceeds to propogate it through my town.
WVW69jnFM-wt4du41T

Scoot and Inkwell end up wearing it, as well. Heck, she even decided to do this to me.
WVW69jrl1gMDT0isjX

WE'RE WEARING THE SAME SHIRT, LADY YUKA. Though Scoot, Maelle, and Punchy decided to start wearing a white hoodie design I made, lately, and that's awfully flattering.

Last edited:
Back