• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help.

CherryBlossomCrossing

time to get spooky yeet
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Ah, another question about selling towns, yes.

My town is on tier 3, (where you can sit on it i think)

and i still can't

anyone know why?

To be able to sit on your tree it has to be tier 4. :) Source: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Plaza

Is this tier 4?

this.jpg

It's not just the tree size - I briefly touched upon this in another post:

- if you are still in debt to Nook you have to may have to pay off your loan
- If your Alts have debts to Nook those may have to be paid off

- If you have an unfinished PWP in town that may need to be destroyed or paid off

- Isabelle's level of satisfaction is involved - you don't need a perfect town but you may need to build a few PWPs to increase the town rating

From what others have said online the good news is usually when you pay off those things it increases the amount Nook will eventually pay you for your town!

Nintendo has some secret requirements that are not fully understood but there is definitely certain requirements that are not fully explained.

I tried selling my oldest town and I had debts to 3 alts and almost the entire map covered in items.

I deleted two of the alts and paid the debt of the others. Then I could sell my town despite having allll those items on the ground!

I tried finding a post I saw ( tumblr? Maybe?) of a guy trying to sell his town. He tried many different things and detailed with screenshots - in the end he needed more PWPs. And he reset.

There is someone else I saw the week the update came out who was able to sell early on but wanted to maximize the money Tom Nook paid out. By paying off debts that money back to you goes up and if you pay off your entire mortgage I think there is a increased cash in the final amount so it's nice that Nook gives a little more.

Maxing out # of PWPs to 30 has some sort of higher number offered.

It's a process and I wish anyone the best of luck in getting a good offer from Nook!

Last edited:
When I sold my town a couple months ago, I don't know what tier I was at. I do remember that I had paid off all my loans to Nook, and didn't have any unpaid/unopened PWPs. I didn't focus on PWPs in my old town; I had the all the shops (except for Katrina and the department store), the cafe, and one yellow bench. That was the extent of my PWPs. I got around 18 million Bells for my town. If you choose the long-term payment plan option, where you get a payment everyday for the first 100 days you play, you get a few million more Bells than if you choose the lump-sum payment, where you get the money all at once. I personally recommend the payment plan option.

When I sold my town a couple months ago, I don't know what tier I was at. I do remember that I had paid off all my loans to Nook, and didn't have any unpaid/unopened PWPs. I didn't focus on PWPs in my old town; I had the all the shops (except for Katrina and the department store), the cafe, and one yellow bench. That was the extent of my PWPs. I got around 18 million Bells for my town. If you choose the long-term payment plan option, where you get a payment everyday for the first 100 days you play, you get a few million more Bells than if you choose the lump-sum payment, where you get the money all at once. I personally recommend the payment plan option.

Do the bells transfer to the machine in the post office?

Back