What's your favourite documentary?

I love HOME documentary. A must-watch. Wonderful scenes, really beautiful pictures of Earth.

I'm personally a fan of Ken Burns' documentaries, especially the Prohibition and Baseball ones. I'm a huge history nerd, so a lot of his works are right up my alley.

oh yeah anything by Ken Burns is pretty good, i saw parts of the baseball one and enjoyed it very much. somebody (not sure if him, pretty sure tho it was PBS) made one about Hank Williams that I've always wanted to watch...

I'm personally a fan of Ken Burns' documentaries, especially the Prohibition and Baseball ones. I'm a huge history nerd, so a lot of his works are right up my alley.

oh yeah anything by Ken Burns is pretty good, i saw parts of the baseball one and enjoyed it very much. somebody (not sure if him, pretty sure tho it was PBS) made one about Hank Williams that I've always wanted to watch...

oh yeah anything by Ken Burns is pretty good, i saw parts of the baseball one and enjoyed it very much. somebody (not sure if him, pretty sure tho it was PBS) made one about Hank Williams that I've always wanted to watch....

The david attenborough ones. And stephen hawking ones.
Does Cosmos count as a documentary? the one with neil degrasse tyson?

I also like serial killer documentaries, documentaries about mental illness/fundamentalist christians/scientology/other extreme religions, documentaries about north korea..

Oh also does An Idiot Abroad count as a documentary?

Last edited:
Not just one documentary but a whole series, which just so happens to be a TV show called "Zero Hour".

I'm such an idiot. How could I forget about these two?

Joanna Lumley and Billy Connolly are two of my favourite people on television, and they do documentaries every now and again. Both incredibly funny, take you to amazing places, and give you a very thorough glance at different places, cultures, religions, and put a bit of their own humour in there to keep you entertained.

Love, love, love them.

I'm not into documentaries myself, mostly because I can't really find topics I'm super interested in, but a friend recommended me Tickled and it was definitely an interesting watch.

Sans Soleil (though it is technically also a pseudo-documentary as well, but uses real documentary footage)

I quite liked exit through the gift shop. It was pretty entertaining and interesting.

I do need to watch more documentaries so this thread might help me find some good ones.

I enjoy watching Paranormal documentary programs. :D

I do know one of them was about Celebrities. :eek:

I'll try and remember more, some I haven't watched in a while...

Anything about world history makes me fall asleep. I do the one's about food health, and anything paranormal is also really good.

Last edited:
Like all nature documentaries. I watch a lot of them. I love all the shows and movies and yeah they're just great. I also really love moc-umentaries.

My favorite is one called Thin. It's about eating disorders, they go into an eating disorder client and show how the patients get better (or dont sometime..) its a really great documentary, and shows you the life how these people struggle. I've also struggling with eating disorders so it hits close to home. It can trigger though so if anyone considers watching, I would be careful.

Regardless, its amazing. You learn a lot

Back