• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favourite documentary?

kikotoot

Hat Tips and Tea Sips
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sky Clouds Scenery
Red Heart Balloon
Sky Clouds Scenery
Red Heart Balloon
Sky Clouds Scenery
White Hyacinth
Sky Grass Scenery
White Hyacinth
Sky Grass Scenery
White Hyacinth
Mine is probably March of the Penguins. Though I usually forget a lot of things when writing these "favourite" posts. What are some of your favourites?

hmmmm been a while since i watched any documentaries...
not sure i have a particular favorite...

i think Sketches of Frank Gehry was a pretty cool one, if you like awesome architecture,

The Devil and Daniel Johnston about a budding song-writer with a blown mind is fascinating, touching, and heart-breaking...

documentaries that need to be made asap:

--David Bowie's life

--history of hockey fights

--Tiki
--

Animal documentaries are my favorite, especially if David Attenborough is in it.

Are you telling me there are documentaries that aren't part of Planet Earth

here's some of my faves in a spoiler;

grace neutral explores korea's illegal beauty scene
adwoa aboah looks at sexual empowerment and female empowerment

I've always enjoyed everything Louis Theroux's been involved in, so probably one of his documentaries. The two about the Westboro Baptist Church are really good

i like a lot of louis theroux documentaries
also making a murderer was really good if that counts

i really like the radio documentary series P3 Dokument?r. it's usually about crimes, catastrophes or stuff like that. it's in swedish so uh not a great recomendation i guess but .,,,,

as for tv documentaries i really like the planet earth documentaries. theyre Cool idk

I like watching Minimalism documentaries. The one by The Minimalists is good.

I love a good ufo documentary to watch at night.

Oooh also I forgot one! I love this one!!! I find it fascinating and I've watched it several times:

I'm personally a fan of Ken Burns' documentaries, especially the Prohibition and Baseball ones. I'm a huge history nerd, so a lot of his works are right up my alley.

I really like documentaries. They are a fantastic way of gaining awareness of worthwhile causes as well as learning about history and fascinating events. Here are three of my top favourites in no particular order. They all happen to be on Netflix as well.

True Cost is a documentary about the fast-fashion industy and the full process from before production to the end of the clothing's life cycle. It focuses on ethics, promoting fair treatment and pay for factory workers and eco-consciousness.

The Drop Box is tear-jerking and inspiring at once, going into many stories of various abandoned orphans in South Korea who are all cared for by an old man who is devoted to God and helping those who were brought to him.

BBC's Africa is a short documentary series consisting of 6 episodes, narrated by David Attenborough. It's a great series for animal lovers and people who enjoy learning about the natural, wild world. Unfortunately, the 6th episode is not available on Netflix, which deals with the environmental issues affecting Africa.

Hmm...
Babies
On The Way To School
The Business of Being Born
Breastmilk
The Invisible War

My favorite might be Searching For Sugar Man.It's about a couple of music fans from South Africa searching for a mysterious musician called "Rodriguez".

Back