• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who or what is Nook's renovation crew?

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Seriously, you never see them working because it's night time, and even if you stay up all night, it just gets done at 6 AM, between one blink and the next, like magic. And none of the other villagers complain about the noise. How does he pull that off? Does he have magical elves or something?

Just like Isabelle's. You put a pwp at 5:59 am with the gyroid next to it, then it gets done before you even blink.

I love the hammering sounds when a new shop is being built. I can just picture all the contractor village types happily working away inside. You know... I think it's high time we had another AC movie! I remember a cartoony one came out a while back.

Yes, definitely elves, because who else could be so quiet? My mayor is a light sleeper like me, and she never hears them.

I'd like to think he has like cousins/family members who owe him that help him. (Or maybe they're just a tight family? He doesn't seem like the type but... who knows.)

I think all the construction in the town is done by gyroids similar to Lloyd. Not sure how they would climb ladders or something but I'm sure they find a way.

I personally don't care so much about these details, it's mostly a game mechanic.

After all, villagers who moved out get their houses vanished/demolished quickly in six AM of the next day.

Personally, I think it's a one man job. I don't think he'd employ any helpers or anything. He's waaaaay too cheap to want to pay anybody for their services, when he's making a living for himself too. I think if anything, he'd probably force his nephews into being his renovation crew, because they're family and chances are because they're so naive they'll do it for free. Kinda like how it seems like he forced them into the family business by having them work for him on the second floor of nookingtons.

He's probably been using Wisp as slave labour all these years. And Wisp could be moving every villager in and out at 6am, not just the ones done via amiibo cards and figures.

There : magic is the answer.

Back