• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm itching to landscape now!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I just got some perfect fruit, now I"m itching to plant and start making my town a great town. Unfortunately, I have to wait because I don't have an axe. -_-

You can purchase an axe off the retail sub-forum. Be careful though, landscaping takes sooo many bushes!
But it's worth it!~ :D

I wouldn't start landscaping till all your permanent villagers move in. It's no fun when a house plot ruins all that hard work. Just a suggestion though.

I wouldn't start landscaping till all your permanent villagers move in. It's no fun when a house plot ruins all that hard work. Just a suggestion though.

You can prevent that just by putting patterns where you don't want villagers to move in

Bushes? You mean like the y-hibiscus something or other?

Yeah, one of them anyways. And yeah, if you wanna start, put paths down to put your future move-ins where you want them. They need a 3x3 square to plot down so plan accordingly :) Have fun!

latest

I have paths all over my town all willy nilly. I am going to wait until morning to start. And tomorrow is nature day so it seems fitting to start then, amiright?

I have paths all over my town all willy nilly. I am going to wait until morning to start. And tomorrow is nature day so it seems fitting to start then, amiright?

Oh right! That's perfect haha. Oh, if you want, post pictures or something, I'm curious to see how it goes :D

I have my town since 2014 and I landscaped so much! I think I used more than 1000 bushes, flowers and trees for it! Now I'm finally happy with my town. So good luck!

I rarely use bushes. To me, landscaping's all about the hybrids.

Last edited:
I've only been playing for three weeks but I have yet to find a clover. I had loads in previous games!

A question about clovers... they just appear randomly and as far as I can tell there is no way to pick and plant them? And aren't they considered weeds in the game? I like the way they look too and would love to use them in landscaping but I am not sure how to do that.

A question about clovers... they just appear randomly and as far as I can tell there is no way to pick and plant them? And aren't they considered weeds in the game? I like the way they look too and would love to use them in landscaping but I am not sure how to do that.

Clovers are technically weeds, but they don't have a negative effect on your town, and on Weeding Day, Leif doesn't count clovers as weeds. :)

And to add on to my last post, yes they only appear randomly. Once you pick them they're gone, unless it's a four leaf clover.

Last edited:
Quick question, only slightly off topic: If I have the beautiful town ordinance in place, what do I do on weeding day?

Quick question, only slightly off topic: If I have the beautiful town ordinance in place, what do I do on weeding day?

Weeds can still spawn with the beautiful town ordinance, even if they're only a few weeds.

Thank you for answering. I was asking because I think I've only spotted one weed since I started. If clovers count, then I have a few of those. I just don't want to miss out! !)

If you don't have any weeds in your town, you can get recommended 3 new PWPs from Leif. If you've already had those PWPs suggested and you still have no weeds in your town, I guess you do nothing...

Back