I'm itching to landscape now!

Landscaping is a lot of work but so much fun once it all starts to come together! Buying things off here has helped a lot for me. I also recommend finding towns in the dream suite thread to help you get inspiration for landscaping. You can check them out based on different categories like forest, colorful, themed towns, etc. That will help you get ideas for paths and all the different ways you can landscape around PWP's and stuff. Good luck! :)

Thank you. I hope Leif's PWPs are those fancy rose arches and wisterias I've seen in other towns. I would love to have those instead of an ugly driller! ;)

Clovers are totally overrated, bro. Everyone favors hybrids. Why else would there be so many hybrid shops in Re-Tail?

haha xD People seem to like clovers a lot. They always have tons when I visit dream towns. Well, like you, I also have more hybrids than clovers and it's not even close :)

Thank you. I hope Leif's PWPs are those fancy rose arches and wisterias I've seen in other towns. I would love to have those instead of an ugly driller! ;)

I think you get hedge sculptures. The rose arch is suggested by villagers.

I think you get hedge sculptures. The rose arch is suggested by villagers.

I already have some ideas floating around in my head. Like I'm going to lay my paths down, then line them with bushes then put my flowers on the other side. I think I've seen people do this before. To keep villagers from trampling flowers, you put bushes down to protect the flowers since bushes can't be walked through. I'm going to post pictures. But I'm going to start a blog that shows my progress from my completely barren town, empty museum, un-upgraded house and shops and starter villagers all the way up to when my town is how you say, almost perfect. I already took pictures, I just need to upload them and start my blog. This is actually going to be fun.

Can't wait to see your pics! Also, you don't need to worry about villagers trampling flowers-- it's just a myth. I've been playing for four years now and it doesn't happen, even if they run. Also, I'm not sure if you knew, but there's a rule that you can only place bushes in rows of 12. Once a 13th one touches that chain, it will die. I hope this helps and good luck with your town!! Landscaping is fun.

The 12 rule applies to trees and bamboo as well. Although trees and bamboo require nothing around them, bushes can go anywhere.
When I was landscaping and I knew I was going to go over 12 trees/bushes in a row, you gotta get creative haha.

But landscaping is always a lot of fun. If my town gets too stagnant, I'll sometimes just tear down an area and rework it.
Be sure not to get too frustrated. Your landscaping isn't going to go perfectly, and each town layout has its own personality that you'll need to work with.
Stay flexible, and no matter what happens (particularly if a villager moves in a poor spot), you can always work around things.
Much luck ~

The rows of 12 is fine. I'll find a way to work with that. This is fun! I'll have access to the island on Monday, I just paid off my first loan today and Tortimer is visiting tomorrow, so I'll be able to get the island fruit and bushes (which I know are random) and the garden center will be built likely sometime in the next few days since I've been watering my plants a lot and planted two trees today.

I'm just fiddling around a bit today. I really like how this yellow/orange path looks. Those two trees are going to be cut down and I'm thinking about lining the little narrow strip of land with bushes and trees.

18056835_288697411572537_3427564700579308890_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back