• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I need advice

Argo

No, not the cornstarch
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm going to reset my town and I need some help with some things:
*What should I named my mayor? I came up with the following:
-Mayor Chef
-Mayor ChefArgo
-Mayor ChefChai
-Mayor Chef Cha
~Request more please!
*What should I name my town? I came up with the following:
-Kitchen
-Caf?
-Bistro
-Diner
~Request more please!
*Which Cranky should I have? I also need to choose a Jock. Here is what I narrowed it down to:
CRANKY:
-Chow (chow as in eating)
- T-Bone (Ryumia said he reminded her of a T-Bone steak)
JOCK:
-Lyman (someone said he looked like lemonade)
-Hamlet (I think that is a type of food)
~Suggestions are welcomed :)
*What PWPs should I have? I think I should have the following:
-The Roost (duh)
-Musuem renevation
-Dream Suite
-Fortune Shop
-Flower Clock
-The topiaries (those weirdly cut bushes)
~Please make more suggestions!
*What facilities should I have? I'm making these facilities with new saved files. So far I think I'm going to make:
HOUSE ONE:
-Restaurant
-Japanese Restaurant
-Ice Cream Parlor
-Shop
-Kitchen
-Bar
HOUSE TWO
-School Hallway
-School Classroom
-Gym
-Music Room
-Cooking Class (might change, might not)
-Art Room (might change, might not)
HOUSE THREE
-Grocery Store
-Clothing Shop
-Hair Salon
-Boutique (might change, might not)
-Food Court
-Makeup Store (might change, might not
~I'm open to suggestions :)

VILLAGERS I PLAN ON HAVING:
Normal: Tia (She looks like a teapot), Merengue (looks like a strawberry shortcake)
Peppy: Tangy: (the tangerine)
Snooty: Not sure, for now Pecan (Ryumia suggested this villager and she was based off a nut)
Uchi: Frita (Fries as wool, a hamburger as a head, etc.), Mira (not food related but I can't really let her go it's hard)
Cranky: Dunno yet
Lazy: Zucker (based of takoyaki)
Jock: Not sure yet
Smug: Marshal (he looks like a marshmallow)

Please help me into shaping... whatever I decide to call this new town :D

Last edited:
Naming your town, Kitchen, Cafe, Bistro, Dinner? Wha? Actually.. Bistro doesn't sound too bad.

I don't know if my suggestion will help you out in any shape or form. So... Bare with me. ^.^

I think you should try to use the same name that's on your 3DS. Like if you have the name Argo then name the mayor character Argo. It might make things a bit easier for people to find you. Maybe... Or... Maybe not. I'm trying here. Lol. xD Though I do like the name of Mayor Chef since it does go with the theme you are looking for.

For the town name... Uh... I'm not good with town names. Hahaha... Not sure if this name would fit. But... How about the name Foodtopia? That's all I got. Really sorry about that. >.>

Villagers of Cranky
- Angus (Reason: I thought of an Angus Beef Burger. Lol.)
- Butch (Reason: Thought of Butch the Butcher. If it doesn't help then you take this one off the list.)
- Del (Reason: Thought about Deli with this one.)
- T-Bone (Reason: Was thinking about a T-Bone steak.)

Villagers of Snooty
- Blanche (Reason: From the cooking process called Blanching is why I suggested this one. You can take this one out if you like.)
- Cupcake (Reason: I think this one is pretty obvious. xD Hahaha... Lol.)
- Friga (Reason: When I came across this one I thought of a refrigerator.)
- Mint (Reason: Reminded me of a fresh mint gum.)
- Pecan (Reason: Thinking about pecan pie.)
- Violet (Reason: You can use violets in cooking.)

For PWPs... I'm not quite sure. Maybe the wind turbine or the solar panel. It would show that your town is going green.

Facilities.... Not sure about this one either. I think those are good suggestions you have already. I was going to suggest a bathroom. Lol. I don't know if you would want that though.

I hope I was able to help you out a bit. If not then I am really sorry. >.> I put my best effort to help you out.

Last edited:
I like Bistro :) and Chef ___ is cute... maybe Chef Ari? Chef Ema? Chef Ivy?
For pwps, the fire pit, picnic blanket, drinking fountain, and rice rack are all fitting.
The Harvest Festival items are good for kitchen decorations (the sugar, flour, butter, milk, and vinegar.) The vinegar could even be used in your bar to mimic alcohol bottles.
One of your houses could have a dining area in the first room and a kitchen in the back room, like an actual restaurant. :)

This sounds like a great idea for a town! I like the name Chef Chai of Bistro. Hmm as for villagers I was thinking Zucker the lazy octopus because he is like flan themed haha. Other food-like villagers off the top of my head are Chadder (cheese mouse) and Frita (French fries). That's all I have! Good luck :)

Chef Of Bistro sounds great.

You have a well thought out plan! Truly well prepared.

There are many food related villagers ... Ketchup comes to mind!

So many great rooms to explore!

Kitchens are some of the most fun in dream towns. I never grow tired of them.

I am working on a theme town as well but it is not truly good related but I am planning out as well.
Keep us posted on your progress!

I really like the sound of Mayor Chef of Bistro :D

Food themed villagers:
Merengue
Frita
Mint
Apple
Tangy
Ketchup

I love that one of your dreamies is Chow, I have him in my town and he's a darling!

What a cool idea!
I really like Mayor Chef of Bistro too.
For a snooty villager, Broffina is a good idea. What about Pecan the squirrel or maybe Bree the mouse?
As for cranky, Chow is an awesome choice. Maybe Octavian, might be a fun idea too.
Those are great ideas for PWPS. You could also use the Windmill and wisteria trellis? Maybe a picnic basket and the bell might be cute. You could go for the tower (Eiffel Tower-ish pwp) if you want too.
House one sounds divine. Oh a cooking class sounds pretty awesome! How about for house three you make a garden shop? Ursula (Welcome Amiibo) has some good items for that.
Best of luck~ Oh, let us know how it turns out later on! I'd be happy to visit/see it :D

Last edited:
Oh I know your feelings just SO good! I always think for years until I decide how to name my town, mayor etc!

Name of the Mayor:
-Mayor ChefChai

Name of the town:
- Bistro

Cranky and Jock villager:
CRANKY:
- T-Bone
JOCK:
-Hamlet
*What PWPs should I have? I think I should have the following:
-The Roost (duh)
-Musuem renevation
-Dream Suite
-Fortune Shop
-Flower Clock
-The topiaries
*What facilities should I have? I'm making these facilities with new saved files. So far I think I'm going to make:
HOUSE ONE:
-Restaurant
-Japanese Restaurant
-Ice Cream Parlor
-Shop
-Kitchen
-Bar
HOUSE TWO
-School Hallway
-School Classroom
-Gym
-Music Room
-Cooking Class (might change, might not)
-Art Room (might change, might not)
HOUSE THREE
-Grocery Store
-Clothing Shop
-Hair Salon
-Boutique (might change, might not)
-Food Court
-Makeup Store (might change, might not
~I'm open to suggestions

VILLAGERS I PLAN ON HAVING:
Normal: Tia
Peppy: Tangy:
Snooty: Pecan
Uchi: Frita
Cranky: Dunno yet
Lazy: Zucker
Jock: Not sure yet
Smug: Marshal

Thanks for the advice and support! I'm going reset my town tomorrow. Here are some final details:

Town Name: Bistro
Dreamies:
Normal: Tia, Merengue
Peppy: Tangy
Snooty Pecan
Uchi: Frita
Cranky: T-Bone
Jock: Hamlet
Lazy: Zucker
Smug: Marshal

STUFF I NEED TO SORT OUT BEFORE RESETTING
What should I name my mayor? Here is what I narrowed it down to:
Chef
ChefChai
Chef Ari
*Might make a poll later

Should Lyman or Mira be my extra?
-Lyman looks like a glass of lemonade
-Mira is, like, MY FAVORITE! and we are best friends and if I have to let her go...

Back