• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Something new every day...

hoodathotit

Peach 🍑
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Mystery New Balloon Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Cake
While Mayor SweetPea was out in her very rural village this morning, shoveling for rocks and fossils, I noticed that she was carrying the shovel like a left handed user. The other tools are carried in the right hand for right handed deployment. I just thought I'd share this since it is of such vital importance. The little things.....

Last edited:
What I noticed the other day is that when you are talking to a male villager, their name tag is blue, females are pink and Isabelle, Reese, Tom, etc are green.

Last edited:
I've been playing this game for years and I only JUST found out that on days you have bad luck, if you run around holding a balloon and trip, the balloon will fly away forever.

Nearly cried when it happened

Anyway, it's cool that there's so many things that you can still discover even after playing the game for a long time

I've been playing this game for years and I only JUST found out that on days you have bad luck, if you run around holding a balloon and trip, the balloon will fly away forever.

Nearly cried when it happened

Anyway, it's cool that there's so many things that you can still discover even after playing the game for a long time

I only run with scissors.

I definitely need to be more observant! In game and out...

Some stones I rush over dialogue and then regret it as it is something they've never said before!

When that happens I take it as a reminder to be more observant and be in the moment.

I also learned that they talk too much in this game and pressing the B button doesn't do anything. Oh and last I learned that if you keep talking to villagers while you are in their house, they will eventually sell you a piece of their funiture.

Last edited:

that happened the first time I received a balloon
i thought they all did that after that

Anyways, though.. there's lots of little bits and tidbits to animal crossing that get discovered every day! Lots of little things that're usually right under our noses, and we'd still never realize. (Well, at least, I'd never realize. I know that for a fact. XD) And discovering them is just the neatest!

I feel you. I learned of bad luck days when this happened T____T I never did get that balloon again.

Yesterday when I caught a fish, Kiki watched and applauded. Never noticed that before. Love these little touches.

When you play a musical instrument in a villager's house, the villager will applaud when they're near you.

Find a lawn mower from Timmy and Tommy

Touch it in your house it does nothing.

Drag the lawn mower..... the sound! I was so surprised!
This realization happened 2 days ago. I'm still surprised I'm finding touches like this!

If you trip whilst carrying coffee on bad luck days, the coffee spills. :(

If you sit at the computer desk in a chair you will type sorta and turn it on ^^ Pressing A

I don't know if it was an update thing, or if you could always do it, but now you can shake trees even while you're carrying an object that only uses one hand. Like if you're carrying a net, fishing rod, watering can, slingshot, etc., you can still shake trees (you can't if you're holding the shovel). I remember that not being able to do this was something that bugged me about the GC game and CF.

I learned, two minutes ago that if there is a standee in your town, and you place your character behind it and press A, your character will make a face so you can take a picture. Like so

18033937_288606721581606_7840533447464720421_n.jpg

What I noticed the other day is that when you are talking to a male villager, their name tag is blue, females are pink and Isabelle, Reese, Tom, etc are green.

I have known this for quite a while. The only thing that confused me was the NPCs. I remember when I played City Folk and I was thinking about it. I knew about the pink-blue thing, and I wondered why Mabel had a green bubble. I've thought she was a male for so long, because she's also blue and all. I still have a hard time imagining her as a female. xD The green tag confused me and I thought she was kind of in-between both genders or something. I did realise Sable's bubble was also green, but that only confused me more because I thought I knew she was female. :p It was only later that I realised the green was just because they're NPCs.

I don't know if it was an update thing, or if you could always do it, but now you can shake trees even while you're carrying an object that only uses one hand. Like if you're carrying a net, fishing rod, watering can, slingshot, etc., you can still shake trees (you can't if you're holding the shovel). I remember that not being able to do this was something that bugged me about the GC game and CF.

Yes, that's an update thing. It can also be quite annoying when you shake unintentionally.

It took me a while to realize the villagers actually speak phonetically (if thats the right way to put it) You can usually only hear it on the last word in a sentence, but if you dont rush the speech, and its a word with a unique sound you can tell they try to pronounce it. Say a villager ends a sentence with "right?" You can hear the little ght at the end of the word and the inflection.

I think you can throw your fishing line into the pond by the museum, though theres nothing to catch.

The able sisters are porcupines because they have quills (needles and sewing)

Kicks is a skunk because shoes (can be smelly)

The mail personnel are pelicans (pelicans deliver babies)

Museum curator is an owl (owls are wise)

The toilet flushes when you get off.

Just in case that went over anybodys head. Some of the things are really obvious but other people might miss them.

Edit: My bad its storks not pelicans. So maybe not every animal is chosen for a reason but its fun when you make the connection.

Last edited:
Back