• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

On What Did You Base on to Write Your Username?

Bored. SO here's a funny back story behind my username

So, as a teen ages 13-14, I would always taunt Helen Keller, and laugh at jokes. (Yeah, harsh, I know, I was young)
I had a certain teacher, lets call him Baldie.
Baldie was my teacher when I was 13, he knew I was very flamboyant, obnoxious, and childish. He knew how I was, from the back of his hand.
One year later, I have to go back to my original school, that started a home school program that year. Walking down the halls of my school one day, I seen him, I was so happy he was there... Months go on and I start that home school program so I don't get in any more trouble. Me and my friend were doing my home work one day before "going out" and we changed the name on the "Write your name here" line to "Helen Keller"

Baldie told my mother three months after that, that the teacher, that grades my home work, asked if I was cheating and someone named Helen Keller accidentally wrote their name on there. I had erased every page that said so but I must have forgot one...?

But can u PPPLLZZZ explain how someone grading a FRESHMANS homework doesn't know about helen keller?

I am like a real life internet troll at times and nobody sees through my sarcasm anymore... *sigh*

I think they probably have an obligation to ask you anyway, since you're not supposed to do that and all.

The lady actually thought in her brain that I was cheating though. But what you're saying is understandable! She almost didn't give me a grade for it, these papers got mailed to somebody in CBUS so I didn't actually meet the person doing it, if it wasn't passing, it got sent back, so they sent it back then called about me supposedly cheating, haha. I should have clarified that but my keyboard is new and I am not too used to it yet to be typing long stories like that without a huge amount of typos to try and edit out. It just kills me that the woman asked word for word if HK was doing my home work.

Last edited:
better yet nobody with the name helen keller probably goes to your school :p

Lmao there wasn't a single Helen enrolled. I looked xD They show your names on a plaque after you graduate, no helens there xD

didn't know i was in the presence of a supreme troll, wow!!

Lmao I don't get the Helen bit but it sounds pretty funny
I hate when people get blamed for **** they didn't do

haha pumpkins I have no idea if this is sarcasm or not but if you knew me irl you would realize.. I'm a walking troll. my mom hates it lmao I get it from my dad

- - - Post Merge - - -

ahhh getting blamed for **** you didn't do is totally something that happened to me in school all the time. I got a 2 hour for something I didn't even do, funniest part was it was something that wasn't even done on school property. go figure lol

idk looks like the teacher trolled you...

but i guess something every socially awkward class clown does by 7th grade counts as trolling now? i'm only 24, but when i was a cringey preteen troll queen it took a little more than confusing some old teacher. like the only funny trolling then was when you got people to buy into a bunch of nonsense that sounds convincing or you managed to instigate a massive freakout from some neckbeard or the nearest histrionic psuedointellectual, at least for 13 year old girl me

edit: since post got merged i should probably be productive sooo basically my name's brandi alexis and umjammer lammy inspired me to have a sheep fursona since it came out. really i'm serious

Last edited:
Really bad inside joke amongst my friends and my bf.. it's after a Canadian-Portuguese singer named Sheila Charlesworth/Shila.

my favorite nickname my villagers call me in animal crossing

It's my favorite drink. I chose it because it's short & sweet and thought it suited me better than my previous usernames. I also use it part of my art name. :)

It actually originated from an inside joke with my siblings, I was trying to think of a new username around the same time and it stuck, I guess

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think my sister actually started the joke based on some cartoon, I can't remember which though

Mine is a video game character-- from Super Paper Mario.

Another factor is that, when I was in my teens, most of my usernames had "lady" incorporated in them somehow. Part of that was to get my gender across, but even then people would still call me "he," and I kind of outgrew it anyway, so I don't follow that naming scheme anymore.

just from velour, my favorite character in fire emblem fates at the time. it was originally velour but i liked shorter usernames better so here's vel, really nothing too special

Back