• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

On What Did You Base on to Write Your Username?

jcamac45

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
April Birthstone (Diamond)
I wonder what hilarious stories are behind your usernames.

My username doesn't have a particularly interesting story behind it. In fact, it is so anti-climatic. It only stands by the initial of my first name and I chopped off my last name with a random number, because apparently somebody else already had thought about jcamac4 lol. Anyways, what's your story? :p

Last edited:
Ariz? is just basically the last half of my first name and the first syllable of my second name put together :)

I've used Nuclear Bingo before for other things. I just came up with something off the top of my head that sounded funny

I just changed mine recently. My previous username was Role. At that time, I remember when people online (especially from non-Asian ethnicity) were fond of calling me "role" or they just really mispronounced my real name. I thought it was cool plus I couldn't think of anything so I just went with it. As for my current username, it started from a local Nintendo gaming forum when this person called me "master" then it just spread to other people calling me that. There was a time during the early days of 3DS when I used to buy every game and unit that's being released. I was fascinated so I wanted to collect them. It's probably people's way of making fun of what I'm doing though not in a serious kind of way. I never get annoyed by it, in fact, I thought it would be nice if I connect it to my name which I'm fond of spelling backwards so I came up with master leor. I didn't feel like adding space or underscore because it'd be pretty common to do so I went with a dot. I actually pronounce my username as master dot le-yor (or "lore"). Sounds like a name in an RPG game or something lol.

Last edited:
My previous name was "vannilllabeth", basically I like vanilla lmao. As for what it is now, I have a real lack of uncreativity when it comes to these things and that I just wanted to change it so badly I didn't give it much thought lol.

Last edited:
I just changed mine recently. My previous username was Role. At that time, I remember when people online (especially from non-Asian ethnicity) were fond of calling me "role" or they just really mispronounced my real name. I thought it was cool plus I couldn't think of anything so I just went with it. As for my current username, it started from a local Nintendo gaming forum when this person called me "master" then it just spread to other people calling me that. There was a time during the early days of 3DS when I used to buy every game and unit that's being released. I was fascinated so I wanted to collect them. It's probably people's way of making fun of what I'm doing though not in a serious kind of way. I never get annoyed by it, in fact, I thought it would be nice if I connect it to my name which I'm fond of spelling backwards so I came up with master leor. I didn't feel like adding space or underscore because it'd be pretty common to do so I went with a dot. I actually pronounce my username as master dot le-yor (or "lore"). Sounds like a name in an RPG game or something lol.

LOL it does sound like a pretty bada$$ name if you ask me! Thanks for sharing your story master.leor :)

I just rotate between the same 3 or 4 usernames, which are all based on my real name and nicknames! :)

I just like how it sounds.

Zen is from the noun of Zen and I didn't want to put bell, so I put del instead and I prefer how it rolls of the tongue. Del comes from old French and even then it doesn't have much meaning, "of the" isn't that interesting.

It's a random fantasy name I came up with while playing around with that old NDS chat thingy.

Back