• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Emoji Movie Discussion

Well, we got Angry Birds and now an Emoji movie, I guess Candy Crush the Movie is coming next. :U

True, but I'm more in favor of cel-shaded and hand-drawn animation like Disney from 1937 to 1999.

3D animation requires a lot of 2D to bring it to life, actually. The 3D element of it is simply to produce consistent geometry and armature. And the cel shading technique which you speak of is actually a term exclusive to 3D art, a type of rendering technique used to produce 3D animation that appears 2D.

3D animation requires a lot of 2D to bring it to life, actually. The 3D element of it is simply to produce consistent geometry and armature. And the cel shading technique which you speak of is actually a term exclusive to 3D art, a type of rendering technique used to produce 3D animation that appears 2D.

That's pretty cool though.

And CGI doesn't ruin movies for me. It's just I prefer the animation seen in Lion King and Beauty and the Beast more than the animation seen in Frozen and Tangled. Not all 2000's movies are bad in my opinion, but I like 1900's movies more.

Forget that. Meet the next blockbuster in animated movies.

A PHONE'S LIFE!!!

why this exists
how this was wanted
who wanted this
when this idea started.

the trailer is boring , what the heck would come out of a movie of emojis , i just expect something like where the emojis are fighting against some **** like the phone turning off or idk. either way this thing wont have any success

It's called 'the emoji movie', because they're clearly self aware that this **** isn't getting a sequel.

Want to time travel to a time period when movies aren't that unoriginal? Try the 1970's and 1980's. That was really when they had a bunch of really creative stuff we can't imagine today.

The 70's and 80's weren't better, the crap is just rotting in the corner where we've all forgotten about it.

Modern movies seem way worse because we're witnessing the crap right now for ourselves as it's shoved in front of us. 30 years from now, we'll have 12 year olds reminiscing about how good the 2010's were because all the crap movies have gone the way of 'Garbage Pail Kids' and been long forgotten about.

The emoji movie perplexes me so much because I say with no exaggeration that absolutely no one asked for this
Like I get if some suburban soccer mom waned to take their kids to see the Boss Baby or whatever but I don't see the appeal of the Emoji movie to any demographic.
The concept of emojis is supposed to be hip with the teens and millennials or whatever but I have yet to find a person who wants to see the movie other than to see how bad it is.

One of my favorite comments on the Emoji Movie trailer that I think we can all agree with is "Donate the budget of this film to cancer research". Too bad the movie is probably already fully if not almost completely put together at this point.

You know I think that "meh" emoji at the start basically sums up the whole movie right there

Glad it was cancelled. I don't like that emoji's have become such a thing, like having merchandise dedicated to emojis and stuff I find it rather cringe tbh so that's kinda why i'm glad it was cancelled.

Also I've noticed that most of these new kids films have a common theme of putting the word "The" as the first word of the title. The "Lego Movie", The "Angry Birds movie", etc.

Glad it was cancelled. I don't like that emoji's have become such a thing, like having merchandise dedicated to emojis and stuff I find it rather cringe tbh so that's kinda why i'm glad it was cancelled.

It's not cancelled. But do you want to know what I wish. It makes it to theaters, becomes a box office bomb where the deficit exceeds the gross, and wins a golden raspberry award for "worst picture" of 2017. If it becomes a razzie winner box office flop, it will clearly show that we don't want movies like this.

Also I've noticed that most of these new kids films have a common theme of putting the word "The" as the first word of the title. The "Lego Movie", The "Angry Birds movie", etc.

At least the Lego Movie is good. And so is the Lego Batman movie (which parodies superhero films and pop culture stuff).

Not only that, but Lego was at least worth making a movie out of. Not just Bionicle or Ninjago.

Back