Emoji Movie Discussion

'member when emojis weren't a thing? I 'member when we didn't even had emoticons.

The film industry is clearly losing creativity and originality. They're making to many sequels, prequels, spin-offs, rip-offs, remakes, and reboots. And now they're making movies out of everything, including pop-culture stuff that never existed when I was little or when I was never even born. It's clearly showing how originality has gone down the drain.

Want to time travel to a time period when movies aren't that unoriginal? Try the 1970's and 1980's. That was really when they had a bunch of really creative stuff we can't imagine today. Yes, sequels and film adaptations of books were made a lot. Yet, they didn't do it all the time like today.

it's not the fact that it's emojis that is gonna make this film awful. you can do good things with ****ty tools, but this film won't

emoji-movie-still-sony-1476125868.jpg

we already have the protagonist who got dealt a bad hand and wants more out of life, manic pixie dream girl who is 'not like other girls' and loves the protagonist for who he is, the goofy sidekick, and the walking punchline. not hard to see what direction this movie will head in

Last edited:
It's just going to be a lazy cash-in with all the movie tropes and it's gonna be so hated that it's gonna be popular enough to get lots and lots of sequels.

we had the lego movie. we're preparing for the emoji movie.
get ready for this - caspar the friendly ghost: snapchat adventure (in which he fights evil with that lil snapchat ghost thing)

we had the lego movie. we're preparing for the emoji movie.
get ready for this - caspar the friendly ghost: snapchat adventure (in which he fights evil with that lil snapchat ghost thing)

now I'm just thinking of fatal frame the movie starring casper the friendly ghost for some reason

clearly would be a better result

Back