What's your favourite Nintendo song?

I've always loved the credits theme in Mario 64, Fourside in Smash and the music that plays in the city in AC: LGTTC...

More recently, It's the Sushi Striker theme :)

I loved Melee's orchestral OST. I find it sad that Brawl and 4 went back to MIDI for the most part.

Climb up and get the last chance from F-ZERO X.

The track music for DK Summit, and the 2 am hourly themes for New Leaf and City Folk/Wild World.

Last edited:
Maybe the LoZ theme. I also like the Super Mario Bros 1-2 Underground theme.

Kirby's original Floating Islands track. It was just so fun to listen to and made me feel like I found a game I loved.

I never really payed attention to background music in games at all but the Luigi's mansion GCN remix in MK8 DX is bomb af

I like a lot of random Nintendo songs: Midna's Lament, Gerudo Valley, Fountain of Dreams, Count Bleck's theme, Lost in Thoughts All Alone, the ch 10 music in FE Awakening when you play the story mission, Dirftveil City theme, Skyarrow Bridge theme, Rayquaza's battle theme, both of Miror B.'s battle themes...probably more.

File Select Screen from Earthbound
Route 225, Route 228, and Veilstone City from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Yoshi Star Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2
Masked Dedede's Revenge from Kirby Triple Deluxe
Underground Theme from Super Mario World
Game Corner Theme from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
9 p.m. Theme from Animal Crossing New Leaf

There's so much good Nintendo music that it's hard to choose just a few, but here are just a few of my favorites

Last edited:
The Melty molten galaxy song from Super Mario Galaxy has always stuck with me to be honest!
It was my favourite galaxy when I played SMG on the Wii, I simply played it for the music (and the fact that there was volcanoes and lava; ;. )

Oh! I can't forget to add the entire soundtrack for Mario Kart wii (I'm looking at you Maple Treeway!)

Last edited:
Super Mario Land 1-2, Wario Land 3 for sure... pretty much anything from there.. good ol platformers

Last edited:
Let me see...

I like Throwback Galaxy alot from SMG2. I also really enjoy the Balloon Trip music in the NES Balloon Fight alot. :)

Lacunosa Town from Pokemon Black and White. Not much to do in the town but man is that OST good.

Also Karate Man 2 from Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Last edited:
it's so hard to pick favorites... here's a whole bunch that I really like.

Twilight Princess Hyrule Field, Midna's Lament, Sacred Grove, Hidden Village, Dark World Theme, Title Theme Wind Waker, Dragonroost Island, Molgera, Stone Tower Temple, Ballad of the Goddess, Faron Woods Skyward Sword, Saria's Song, Gerudo Desert, Song of Storms, Main Theme Breath of the Wild, Kass Medley, Sheikah tower, On Horse, most of the BOTW background music honestly, Together We Ride, Id-Purpose, Id-Hope, Conquest (ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, Lost in Thoughts, Dusk Falls, Dark Wastes, March to Deliverance, With Mila's Divine Protection, A Song for Bygone Days, Twilight of the Gods, The Heritors of Arcadia, Route 209, Route 216, Mt. Coronet, Eterna Forest, Route 225, Giratina battle, Cynthia battle, Sunyshore City, Lake Spirit battle, Lake theme, Snowpoint City, Game Corner for both Sinnoh and Johto, Route 47, Dance of the Sacred Beasts, Champion Diantha, Sycamore's theme, Route 8 XY, Route 15 XY, Anistar City, Xerneas/Yveltal theme, Snowbelle City, Dreamyard, Skyarrow Bridge, Driftveil City, Dragonspiral Tower, Relic Castle, Route 10 BW, Relic Song, Rival theme BW2, Shadow Triad theme, Lusamine's theme, Gladion's theme, Champion Red and Blue, Seafolk Village (Night), Poni Canyon, Malie City (night), Mahalo Trail, Solgaleo/Lunala battle, Swamp friend area, Mt. Thunder, Great Canyon, Run Away Fugitives, Mt. Blaze, Mt. Freeze, Sky Tower, Buried Relic, Craggy Coast, Amp Plains, Steam Cave, Northern Desert, Quicksand Cave, Crystal Crossing, Chasm Cave, Threeshroud Forest, Dusk Forest, Hidden Land, Hidden Highland, Brine Cave, Time Gear, Through the Sea of Time, Temporal Tower, Temporal Spire, Dialga's Fight to the Finish, Don't Ever Forget + Farther Away, Mystifying Forest, Sky Peak final pass, Sky Peak snowfield, Blizzard Island Rescue Team, Star Cave, Fortune Ravine, Team Charm's theme, Spacial Cliffs, Dark Wasteland, Barren Valley, In The Morning Sun, Vast Ice Mountain Peak, Defy the Legends, Explorers of T/D/S ending theme + epilogue, some of the stuff in Gates to Infinity, and tracks in the Pokemon Ranger series... I'm not gonna list anything from the last two there because this list got disgustingly long.

I'm so sorry I just love Nintendo music so much.

I also got to see Symphony of the Goddesses live once! it was incredible.

the main theme for the original gamecube ac and the one for wild world/city folk - the nostalgia these songs give me actually physically pains me ugh

Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong. It's so soothing and pretty. And the Star Summit theme from Paper Mario!

Last edited:
Aw, man! SO much good stuff!! I would say The Legend of Zelda series and Metroid series(esp. Prime) have some great music. There's literally too much to list! Animal Crossing series has great music too!! BAHHH!!

All AC Music to be honest, a lot of Pokemon music- specifically Town Square from PMD and Aspertia City Theme.

I also really really love the music from BOTW, particularly Rivali's theme

Back