• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you do when rejected?

I have no interest in a relationship so that would never happen.

If I was rejected by a family member or friend, I'd be like "whatever" and move on. If someone rejects you it's not the end of the world and it may happen many times so buck up kiddos.

Nothing really, I'd just move on with my life normally.

I've never been rejected because I've never asked anyone out before, but I imagine I'd just... feel a bit upset for a while and then get over it? Easier said than done though I'd imagine

cry

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh you mean romantically rejected lol that's never gonna happen because i'm too nervous to even ask the waitress for a straw

Last edited:
look long n hard into the mirror and go
' i deserve better '
bc we all deserve the best for ourselves !

Would get over it. There are thousands of fish in the sea and I have plenty of other options available. It's really not healthy to worry about things you can't help and normally, rejection by people you crush on is one of them. It sucks in the moment but becomes really, really minor in retrospect.

Currently already dating a great guy so I can't really relate too much at the moment, but I've had my fair share of rejections in the past!

it doesn't matter, i was just going to eat them later after i have all my black widow children anyway??

Don't ask them out and keep your feelings to yourself (That's what I do.)

Trick question, the guys I'm attracted to aren't even real, I win every time.

get over it, maybe the person just doesn't like you back. people don't like trump supporters who insult muslims anyways.....

Romantically? That really hasn't happened to me personally, I've never felt inclined to try and start any type of romantic relationship. Luckily, my partner did, and we're very happy. But at the time, even with our chemistry, it did not occur to me to ask him out, especially since I had just broken up with an ex who had made rather a mess of things in our mutual social circles (which included my current partner).

If I was interested and inclined to ask someone out on a date, and they declined, I think I'd probably respond the same way I do to other types of "rejection". Momentary disappointment, polite response acknowledging their words, wish them well, and then spend some time in private thinking about what happened and whether I did anything "wrong" or unhelpful during the episode. After that, I'll learn what I can and then move on.

I have turned down dates from all kinds of people who had various levels of interest in me. I'm quite oblivious to romantic interest aimed at me, so it's only in hindsight - or when someone else tells me - that I realise what was happening. It's nothing personal. I'm just not good at picking up on that kind of thing, and I'm really not interested in getting better at that. Too many more important (to me) things I'm working on!

I get infatuated with people easily, but it's fleeting and I know better than to actually try to invest anything in people that I feel that way towards. On top of that, I'm a gray-aromantic, so genuine romantic feelings are next to impossible for me to develop (it has happened twice in my lifetime), so I don't really have to worry about being rejected, since I never ask anyone out.

(It also doesn't help that most of the people that I find physically attractive always end up being too young, not right for me, or just wayyyy out of my league.)

Trick question, the guys I'm attracted to aren't even real, I win every time.
Not if they reject you in your fantasy! :lemon: lol jk

It's one thing to get rejected but when they do it harshly like "ewwww no way" it's really hurtful :c

Not if they reject you in your fantasy! :lemon: lol jk

It's one thing to get rejected but when they do it harshly like "ewwww no way" it's really hurtful :c

Try the one where you crush (high school lol) is like a couple feet away from you and says "I don't like her like that," while waving his hands in defense thinking I couldn't hear him. Yeah, good news though, the hurt was quickly dissolved as did my crush on him :D
I'm super glad crushes are fleeting.

Last edited:
If you're talking about a person I have a crush on, that would never happen. I'm not attracted to anyone at all.

If you're talking about like other things like a competition or making new friends, it kinda hurts. But I always think about ways that it would be best for me not to be involved in that. Like I got rejected for a final audition at Oberlin college, and now I'm glad I'm not going there because it's rly far away and I like Ohio Wesleyan a lot more.

i recently had the courage to go up to a really cute guy in the library and ask if he would like a cup of coffee since im about to go get some.
he says no thanks, but asked for my name, we added each other on FB, and then i said hi to him online and he left me on Read and never responded.

Eh! Oh well! Im proud of myself for making the move anyway, and you should always be proud of yourself for being vulnerable and putting yourself out there with the risk of being rejected.
it's not a reflection of you, so don't be afraid to put yourself out there again. you never know if you'll score if you don't shoot.

Back