• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Streepass blues

RedPanda

DA-9920-8729-4535
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0005-0805-2723
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Pink Star Fragment
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
So I finally go my first Streetpass badge - bronze. But it's for one of my extra characters, instead of my primary one. I had no idea but apparently whatever house is featured in the happy home showcase is the house of the player who will receive credit for street passing. This really frustrates me because I have been gathering passes for months to get one of each kind of badge. (I know I'm never going to get gold for all of them but at least I was hoping to get one of each.)

So, for those of you who are trying to do the same thing. Make sure the character that you want to get the badge is displaying their house in the showcase.

Last edited:
Awe, I'm sorry that happened to you. That must be so frustrating. Do you live in a place that has many conventions? You don't even have to participate and pay. You could literally hang out nearby the event and you will get a billion street-passes ^_^

That is good to know. I live in a small town so my chances of getting a pas are pretty low. Can you still get them by going to a McDonalds?

So I finally go my first Streetpass badge - bronze. But it's for one of my extra characters, instead of my primary one. I had no idea but apparently whatever house is featured in the happy home showcase is the house of the player who will receive credit for street passing. This really frustrates me because I have been gathering passes for months to get one of each kind of badge. (I know I'm never going to get gold for all of them but at least I was hoping to get one of each.)

So, for those of you who are trying to do the same thing. Make sure the character that you want to get the badge is displaying their house in the showcase.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UPSET they didn't change this with the update!!!

So upset. My mayor in my oldest town is only bronze because I had my
Side character had more orderables and I wanted to help other players.

SO UNFAIR TO OTHER PLAYERS IN EACH TOWN

I've had my oldest town over 2 years and I streetpass with my other towns but I doubt I'll ever reach silver.

The same thing happened to me. I put my 2nd players house in the showcase because she had a lot of Japan items that could be ordered. Found out later and switched to my mayor.

Got lucky later with extra 3DS and have completed 3 mayor golden streetpass badges. Working on getting a silver badge for each extra player now.

i never knew it went by which character's house was in the showcase, i guess i'll be careful with that!

also if you do live near any mc danks at all, i'd recommend just giving it a visit or drive by, they still do give out street passes! although with the updated version of the game it does seem harder (i haven't gotten any hits recently despite seeing miis in the plaza say they're playing acnl, so i wonder if it's a system issue or people are playing with non-updated versions, lol) so i mostly just street pass myself if i happen to have the time so i can get tags for both of my towns

conventions are a great way to get tags too, i've seen lots of folks carry their 3ds around with them! :)

I kinda hate streetpass in general because I have zero hah hah. If you don't live in a city good luck getting any ever.
That's not good though I know most people want all the badges.

One time I took a day trip to vegas and walked around the malls hoping for streetpass hits. I got none. :|

i have a gold streetpass badge from when i went on a summer holiday to disneyland for a fortnight sucka

Luckily, I had my mayor's house in mine, but that's good to know - I hope you manage to get the bronze with your mayor soon!

I noticed that since upgrading to the new 3DSXL i get way way way less streetpass hits on all games, read a bit online about it and apparently it's because of software differences between new and old models.

I haven't got one streetpass since starting AC recently :(

Back