• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers appearing on main street

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I've heard that villagers that have moved out of town will sometimes appear on main street, but that never happened to me, the ones that appear there currently live on town.

So I wondered: if the villager is "adopted" or falls into the void and is moved to another town, they won't show up on main street? Since they'd be living somewhere else? Do they only appear if they are inside the void currently?

Thanks!

I've had all types of villagers on main Street they are probably hanging out in the buildings especially the museum and you just haven't seen them

They'll show up! They can be outside, in the shops, or even in the museum like BrinaLouWho said. Maybe you overlook them? I've seen them in the club some times, but this was before the update and in my very first town back in 2014.

They'd show up on main street until you cycle 16 villagers, I think. Doesn't matter if they got adopted or not.

They don't appear right away after moving, you need to move a few more villagers out for them to start appearing.

Last edited:
They don't appear right away after moving, you need to move a few more villagers out for them to start appearing.

Hmm, I don't think that's right - both of my towns only had one villager each move out for ages (several years for one, and over a year for the other) and they showed up the next day after having moved out. Bubbles in one town and Antonio in the other town.

I still haven't cycled that many villagers out in either town and they all pop up immediately and often lol.

I had marshal walking around my main street and he'd been adopted. So it's not just voided villagers that show up.

The ones that moved out took quite some time to appear. So far only Gabi and Eloise are wandering around. I've yet to see Phil though he moved out agesss ago.

Back