• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Five gone, more to follow...

hoodathotit

Peach 🍑
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Mystery New Balloon Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Cake
I just finished wiping 5 towns. They were all non-updated to WA. Seemed like a good idea to have a mix of original ACNLs and the updated variety. Having to deal almost daily with 15 (not a typo) towns just got to be more than I wanted to handle. The 10 remaining, all updates,will soon be cut down to 4 or 5. All of the towns are/were in their own 3DSXLs or New 3DSXLs and that takes up a lot of space that could be used for accumulating other useless cr...stuff. The only benefit I saw with the non-updates was not having my butt glued to a rock when trying to hit it with a shovel or shaking a tree instead of netting a bug. The downside is the amount of awful varmints moving in and being unable to Amiibo them out. Enough inane rambling, who else has had to downsize their collection? For your own reasons, of course.

i've actually done the opposite and bought a new game recently, so i have four towns total! i kept looking around to find a non-updated version - it was a bit harder than i thought it would be, after the update a few places that were apparently selling the old version actually had the new one instead and just didn't update the image displayed on the site, lol, but i found one on ebay for a nice price and i think i'm set for now :) my only benefit of the non-updated version is for cheating, actually, but that's another story (and perhaps one i can't share in detail on here just to be safe, since i've no idea)

15 does sound like it could become a bit of a hassle though, but amazing at the same time, i can't even imagine all the possibilities you could create with that many towns!

Dude how did you end up with 15 copies in the first place? :eek:

I'm having trouble maintaining my fancy collection of 2 towns

:O You had 15 towns? Oh my, that's a lot to handle! 4 or 5 would be too much for me too :p I have enough trouble with my 1 town! What are you going to be doing with your wiped town cartridges now? I can't even imagine how you were able to keep track of 15 towns. You must be a master at multitasking!

:O You had 15 towns? Oh my, that's a lot to handle! 4 or 5 would be too much for me too :p I have enough trouble with my 1 town! What are you going to be doing with your wiped town cartridges now? I can't even imagine how you were able to keep track of 15 towns. You must be a master at multitasking!

No, I'm a master at doing nothing in moderation. Tomorrow, it will be something else I don't really need. EDIT: The main problem is the inability to give the important towns the time they deserved to make sure that nothing went astray.

Last edited:
No, I'm a master at doing nothing in moderation. Tomorrow, it will be something else I don't really need. EDIT: The main problem is the inability to give the important towns the time they deserved to make sure that nothing went astray.

Well now you'll have time for your favourite towns! You should post your dream address :) I would like to see what you do with your 4 - 5 towns that you decide to keep ^_^

Well now you'll have time for your favourite towns! You should post your dream address :) I would like to see what you do with your 4 - 5 towns that you decide to keep ^_^

I've never done the Dream stuff and wouldn't know where to start. In each town, after #1, I always intended to do something different but I just ended up with a lot of virtually identical layouts and routines. Only my first town differs because, being new and not knowing *anything* and before stumbling upon Thonky and this site, I just accepted the first map that Rover offered. Still have that one and I may be able to get around in it blindfolded. (A *tiny* exaggeration) Bottom line is that, if you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all. That is the most likely reason those 5 bit the dust this morning. My favorite part of the game is the initial setup and the newness of it all. From there, it got boring and I'd buy another cartridge and...here I am.

I've never done the Dream stuff and wouldn't know where to start. In each town, after #1, I always intended to do something different but I just ended up with a lot of virtually identical layouts and routines. Only my first town differs because, being new and not knowing *anything* and before stumbling upon Thonky and this site, I just accepted the first map that Rover offered. Still have that one and I may be able to get around in it blindfolded. (A *tiny* exaggeration) Bottom line is that, if you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all. That is the most likely reason those 5 bit the dust this morning. My favorite part of the game is the initial setup and the newness of it all. From there, it got boring and I'd buy another cartridge and...here I am.

The initial set up is definitely fun. Thinking up all the possibilities and all it's potential. I suppose putting all those ideas into reality is a lot more tedious than it initially seems. I felt that way the first time I played. I played a few months, got bored, and stopped for 2 years. I guess I could have also just bought more carts like you did :p

I just finished wiping 5 towns. They were all non-updated to WA. Seemed like a good idea to have a mix of original ACNLs and the updated variety. Having to deal almost daily with 15 (not a typo) towns just got to be more than I wanted to handle. The 10 remaining, all updates,will soon be cut down to 4 or 5. All of the towns are/were in their own 3DSXLs or New 3DSXLs and that takes up a lot of space that could be used for accumulating other useless cr...stuff. The only benefit I saw with the non-updates was not having my butt glued to a rock when trying to hit it with a shovel or shaking a tree instead of netting a bug. The downside is the amount of awful varmints moving in and being unable to Amiibo them out. Enough inane rambling, who else has had to downsize their collection? For your own reasons, of course.

First of all, it is a pleasure to meet you as I don't believe we have spoken here on TBT.

I have always enjoyed Animal Crossing so much more with multiple towns! I think some of us are wired in our brains as villagers and mayors to require more thinking and planning. Our brains need/crave complexity. You must be one of those people!

Congrats on wiping the extra towns. Maybe now you'll find the clarity to build and grow and manage the remaining towns. Honestly no matter what shape your towns are in I'd love to see a dream of one of your towns.

I really enjoy talking to people who have multiple towns - it's a particular experience only understood by other multi-mayors!

First of all, it is a pleasure to meet you as I don't believe we have spoken here on TBT.

I have always enjoyed Animal Crossing so much more with multiple towns! I think some of us are wired in our brains as villagers and mayors to require more thinking and planning. Our brains need/crave complexity. You must be one of those people!

Congrats on wiping the extra towns. Maybe now you'll find the clarity to build and grow and manage the remaining towns. Honestly no matter what shape your towns are in I'd love to see a dream of one of your towns.

I really enjoy talking to people who have multiple towns - it's a particular experience only understood by other multi-mayors!

Thank you for the kind words and giving me far more credit than I deserve. Like I said, I always have the intentions....pave that road and you know where it leads....Now I have to open the older towns that have had no love for the past few dys and hope nobody has fled the scene. I can get them back via Amiibo but they never have the same memories and personalities as the originals, but I'll bet you already know that.

Thank you for the kind words and giving me far more credit than I deserve. Like I said, I always have the intentions....pave that road and you know where it leads....Now I have to open the older towns that have had no love for the past few dys and hope nobody has fled the scene. I can get them back via Amiibo but they never have the same memories and personalities as the originals, but I'll bet you already know that.

I have multiple towns in New Leaf. Multiple!

I used to have a problem with resetting - two summers ago especially. Lots of hopes and dreams - then a main villager would move away or I'd make paths and the planned perfect PWP would be blocked by a rock and ruin the flow of the path. I don't know the full extent of the need to reset...but I really learned a lot through the experience.

So - I reset. Again and again. And I still purposefully keep a cartridge without a town in case I "need" to reset. But for the most part I have figured out what I like in a map. I have certain requirements. I have seen a lot of maps. And I have had many acquaintance villagers over the years.

But I've settled down for a little while. Now it's time to landscape... get badges... and make true friends with villagers - and here on TBT!

Wait, you have 15 3DS systems? That's insane! Why would you need so many? I'm comfortable with my New 3DS and New 3DS XL and have a New Leaf town for each of them.

Wait, you have 15 3DS systems? That's insane! Why would you need so many? I'm comfortable with my New 3DS and New 3DS XL and have a New Leaf town for each of them.

No, I don't have 15 3DS systems. I had to get up and go count them. The number of 3DSXL and New 3DSXL is actually 27. That's not counting the regular 3DS and 2DS types plus a bunch of the older DS variants. The reason for this is that I can't say no to any special editions. I believe that I posted somewhere before that Amazon must love me. Also, I have been an adult for *many* years and have more money than sense;D

Last edited:
Back