• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT TOWNS

You need to be able to sit on the tree. so whenever that is

The tree size needs to have at least 3 "balls of leaves" on the tree if you know what I mean - a typical tree shape
I'm going to try to attach a photo but I haven't posted a photo in forever ok let me try this:

At least 20 in-game days ... more is better... I'm always cautious with Tom Nook!

IMG_3333.jpg

Last edited:

That looks ok. Can you sit at the tree? If not the town isn't ready yet. Like the other poster said you have to be able to sit at the tree.

More is better. There is also slightly different dialogue from Isabelle - if she keeps talking and Nook doesn't appear to give you an offer then your town isn't ready.

------------- ok I checked from a few other sources - it needs to be 50 days not 20.

The tree you showed may be too small but it looks like it's about the size of the 50 days so you may be ok

From what other people have posted not all towns can be sold - you need 50 days and then at least a few items in your catalog and at least some unknown number of other tasks kept secret in the game code but hasn't been made public.

Just keep playing - get to 50 days logged and then try it out. The good news is you can try it and as long as you don't get to the end of the dialogue with Isabelle you can close the game to the home screen and exit out - or tell Isabelle you want to keep the town for now!

Last edited:
Back